Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #76  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey meowee! Has that headache gone away yet?

The last time I had a migraine-like headache was after an argument with family members--during which my bp shot up to ridiculous levels. (Normally my bp is great--106/56. It went to 150/90.)

Your ankles being swollen makes me wonder if water retention is part of it for you. Maybe if you got that water down...

Anyway, hope you feel better soon!

I'm sore today from the home improvement activities... I didn't use either ice or heat, in the end. Was too tired. But, the soreness isn't debilitating, and I worked some of it out on the treadmill at the gym.

What did you folks do with today?

Jay
Old 06-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #77  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Linda - I applaud you for continuing on the Gazelle - it isn't easy to keep on swingin' on that thing when you aren't feeling well.

Another busy day here. Church in the morning, then a graduation open house (which we walked to - about 3 miles round trip) then home to paint for another 3 hours. I did a bit of gardening too, then we sat out on the patio with a fire and some home brew. A lovely evening - all in all.

Taboo topic - but only working a half day tomorrow - having a biopsy on 2 moles done at noon. UGH! Not my favorite way to spend the day. I'm trying to get all of the medical "stuff" out of the way the next couple weeks. I really hate going to drs. and tests and the like. I know I need to do this, but - yuck.

Hope you all have a wonderful start to the week. Missing our "regulars". I hope they are doing well.

Spiny - you in particular - I am worried about you gal - hope you are OK.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #78  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies, Nothing much going on here. We tried to get all the yard work done this weekend, in between the rain. Seems like it rains every day. And has everyone noticed the price of food going up, along with the gas? I went to the mall this weekend, and my favorite part of shopping is to buy a frozen yogurt afterwards. Before you got a small cup with 3 toppings of fruit for 2.50. This week they said only 2 toppings now and the price went up to 3.50. Seems like a big jump.

Linda, I hope you're feeling better. What does the Dr. say about your swollen ankles?

Linda, Wow, were you busy this weekend! All that exercise, walking and then painting too. did you get all the painting done? Good luck with the biopsy. I hate going to the Dr. too. At least that is out of the way for awhile. I do need to get to the dentist though. Hate to even think about either of them!

Everyone, make it a good day Freda
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Looks like we are going to get some "sunny breaks" today. It is supposed to stay pretty sticky though and think I'll be sticking close to home and doing my exercising on the Gazelle again -- trying to get my 5K time under 60 minutes -- currently about 63.5.

Yesterday worked out pretty well for me and I finally got rid of the water weight and the headache and got back to my 214.5 weight again. That gives me an average for June of 218.8 or another 3 pounds sent to ugly-pound-heaven. Of course, changing scales probably has a lot to do with it, but I've changed my ticker to reflect a new and lower decade at long last; so I really don't care how I got there, I'm claiming it.

Good luck with all your endeavours today, gang . . . try to keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #80  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

meowee!

Glad you got that ticker down and that you feel better!

About taboo topics--the reason that this thread has a suggested limitation on illness discussion is that by "our age," most of us have or have had some health problems, and it can be really boring to hear older folks go on and on about them! (I live in an over-55 community; need I say more?) But that said, I think it's OK to report on health issues and what you're doing about them, briefly. Does that make sense?

To use an example, someone might report that they spent an evening in the emergency room because of a kidney stone. But if that same person wanted to go on and on about how many times they've had kidney stones, how they were treated, what terrible procedures they've had to undergo, a lengthy description of symptoms, what their dr. says about the prognosis, etc. etc., that would be a bit much.

Today it's back to work for me... I hope you all have a great day!

Jay
Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

The July Daily Accountability thread for the 50+ forum has been started. Hope you'll join.

Lynn
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #82  

A good day all around.
Biopsy was OK -results in 7-10 days.
Since I took a half day off to do this- I spent 3 hours painting trim on the garage. A good trade-off I think

A beautiful day in Northern MI - I love living here during the summer months! Farmer's market tomorrow morning. What a blessing that the location is the city park which is only 4 blocks from my office (which is only a mile from my home). I plan to walk down during my lunch break.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day - and have a wonderful holiday week
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #83  

Good Morning, It looks like it's going to be a lovely day. I hope so, they are having firework in the park this evening and I want to go and take the grandkids. We won't stay untill they do the fireworks, since they begin at dust, and dusk is so late now. We go and enjoy all the music and other things going on and come home and watch the fireworks in the back yard with the neighbors. You can see them really well from there and don't have to fight the crowd leaving afterwards.

Laurie, how nice to be able to live so close to work that you can walk. And to have a farmers market so close too. Not too much coming in fresh yet, but my tomatoes are looking really good and hubby says we should have them in a another week or so. Can't wait!! Crossing my fingers for the biopsy.

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #84  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Good morning!

I've now dropped 2 pounds of the vacation weight in 4 days, as I figured I would. Now I have to deal with the other pound or so, which is likely actual fat. But I'm confident! I'd like to get to 145 by the end of the month (from 149.2 today) but that may be a stretch...

Jay
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Well, I pulled a stupid move yesterday . . . I should have gone out to the grocery store and didn't. Now, here I am completely out of salad greens and everything is closed today (Canada Day -- our version of the 4th ). Will I survive? Oh probably.

Decided to bend/change my own rule of using the monthly average of my weight for the following month -- here I am at 214.5 again this morning but looking at 219 on my ticker and that's depressing -- so, rightly or wrongly, from now on I'm going to use the lower of the last day of the month or the average. Will go and make the change after I finish up in a few more places around our great big 3FC world.

Nothing really exciting for me today -- it's really hot and sticky today although the house is okay so far because it is shut up tight. May wander off to watch some fireworks this evening if it's not too bad out there. Other than that, guess I'll be Gazelling again today.

Have a great day . . .
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone, I can't seem to get on every day but I'm trying. Meowee congrats on your weight loss. I haven't lost anything this month, but I know why. I keep restarting and I hope to stay on better track this month.

Laurie so glad to hear your biopsy was okay. Those are always scary.

Have a great day. Lori
Old 07-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #87  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hi Chicks!

Time for breakfast and a walk here, before it gets any hotter.

I moved last year, and my new town has a 4th of July fest (of course) that should be interesting, at least for the first time. Fireworks at the marina, etc. We're planning to go on over.

Not much else to report on this end--down another half a pound--that vacation weight gain will be history very soon!

Jay
Old 07-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #88  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Hot and humid today . . . . . . unusual for us to get this kind of weather so early in the season and I hope it goes away soon.

Did my 5K on the Gazelle yesterday but could not get below 63 minutes.

Later, gang . . .
Old 07-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi Just a quick fly by. I got my bike out today, and rode 3 miles. It was a good day, except for the gloomy rain off and on all day.
Jay have fun at your 4 th fest. Lori
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #90  

Hi all - a quick fly in. I should be able to get caught up this weekend. I am taking a couple - much needed vacation days and don't have to work again until Tues.

Jay - I'm betting you will shed the last of the vacation weight this week as long as you stay OP through the holiday weekend. You are doing GREAT losing weight again after being at 150. Even with a marvelous vacation - WOW!

Linda - I like your new idea for your ticker. Moving my ticker weight is something that I enjoy and it really does help motivate me. Two or three folk (Jay included ) notice when it moves, so knowing that others are keeping an eye on my progress helps me stay OP. It is moving ever so slowly these days, but - it is moving.

Freda - it is one of the few perks living in a small town. We live right in the center of town, about 4 blocks from "main street". The lake is 7 blocks away, the farmer's market (next to the library) is a mile. Both of my offices are a mile (in different directions). When we moved (19 years ago), DS1 had to take Dramamine to ride the school bus. We vowed we would try to find a house within walking distance of all schools. DH is only a mile for his work as well.

I'm going to try to get more of the garage painted this weekend. If I can finish the trim and get a side or two painted, I will be happy.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Last edited by CountingDown; 07-02-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Closed Thread