Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Up and at 'em . . . daylight is burning . . .
Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #62  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gosh, we active-over-50s are so active, we can't even seem to get to the computer! Why, at this rate we'll all be at goal very soon...

Not much new or different today for me. Mostly just working, having meals and snacks, going to the gym... Life!

Jay
Old 05-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/225/175

Hi everybuddy! I'm back again after a long absence, being busy, etc. I've introduced myself on the intro thread and the 50+ forum, and I'm glad I found this thread

My accomplishment today is I purchased a bike! I've been eyeing one at a thrift shop for a week, and when I went in today, it was still there...like it was waiting for me, ya know? Anyhoo, it's been years since I've been on a bike, but I'm excited to get riding again, just puttering around the 'hood at first before I get brave enough to trek further from home. Anyway, that's my fun thing I did today.

Last edited by Isabeau; 05-19-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: italics didn't show up :(
Old 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #64  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Gosh, we active-over-50s are so active, we can't even seem to get to the computer! Why, at this rate we'll all be at goal very soon...
Jay

How true! I worked a 13 hour day today (out-of-town conference). But I DID get in an hour of exercise - 30 minute walk and 30 min. on the fitness ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau View Post
Hi everybuddy! I'm back again after a long absence, being busy, etc. I've introduced myself on the intro thread and the 50+ forum, and I'm glad I found this thread

My accomplishment today is I purchased a bike!
Isabeau - that is AWESOME! My kids cannibalized my bike for parts, and then moved away from home before they repaired it. I am left with a frame and some gears - but nothing I can ride But I like to walk, so it really doesn't matter too much.

I hope you will come post here often - we CAN be a chatty bunch

Hope you are all doing wonderful and fun things! Have a GREAT week!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #65  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another damp and dull day -- although the sun did shine for a tiny bit first thing this morning. Oh well, since my major moving and shaking activity today will probably be doing a ton of laundry (and other houseworky stuff), this is fine weather.

Have a great fun day, everybody and I'll see you all later . . .
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 225/225/175

Good morning everybody! Hey, guess what? I almost burned the house down! Seriously, I whipped up an quiche to toss in the oven this morning, turned it on, set it to proper temp, then..sniff, sniff...what tha'? Yikes! Smoke coming from the oven! I quickly turned it off, opened both oven and broiler doors, and then opened my back porch doors to air out the place! I hope, I hope, I hope it's not a mousie We caught one about a month ago, did a thorough cleaning, but I hope one didn't set up camp in the oven, ugh! I'm not going back in there until my landlord comes to check it out. I don't wanna start poking around in there and find something I'm gonna have to scream about soon after Soooo, hey, nothing like an exciting morning, eh?

I've got to work about 4 hours today, then will put in a Leslie Sansone walking tape to do 3 miles. It's gonna be 96 again today, and I'd rather walk inside than out!

Have a great day, my friends! Small steps...
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #67  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, I haven't been around lately. My computer was out of commision. Finally got it up and going again. Amazing how quickly we get attached to those things!

I continue to do well. I am at goal for 6 months now. Some days are hard, some easier. I have faced the fact that it's never going to be something I don't have to work at. But, ya know, it's so worth it. My BP is good and my cholesterol is normal now. The Dr. had discussed putting me on medication for both. AND, I feel so much better in my clothes. For the first time in a long time I find buying clothes enjoyable, not a chore. And i can find nice things that I want to wear.

It's still cold here in Michigan, but at least the sun is out today. I look forward to warmer weather! Then you will have to listen to me complain about the heat!

Freda
Old 05-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi all, I thought I'd jump on this forum. I've been on some of the other forums. I love the accountability thread. My motivation has been quite low lately. Exercise has always helped me stay on target so I hope this thread will keep me motivated. Lori
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #69  

flowingair - Come back and post often I like the accountability thread too

Freda - cold AND windy But at least the sun is shining! We had frost the last two nights. I'm glad I waited to put my plants in

Isabeau - oh, dear - keep us posted what it was. My imagination is getting the best of me

Another good day here - I'm glad the conference is almost over. It is actually decadent (and disgusting) all the food they are serving. The price of the conference was high, and to have school districts paying for us to have all this excess is troubling. It will definitely be in my evaluation. It has been good to see that I have overcome my "free food" mentality. I'm really thinking that this lifestyle might actually stay changed

Hope you all had a wonderful day
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #70  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

CountingDown, LOOK how close you are to goal! Great gracious me! You keep on goin', girl!

We got some RAIN yesterday, which is greatly needed here. Unfortunately it came as the lawn care folks were out--but it was a slow, steady rain, so I guess they did OK. I'm so glad things got watered!

I'm home alone this week and having a good time of it. Just me and the cat. I had a nice on-plan day, foodwise, and will be doing the same today.

Yesterday was my day off from the gym, but I plan to be back at it today. What's new with all of you?

Jay
Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #71  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Another rainy and cold day here . . . getting very tiresome. Spent most of the day in the shopping malls, so didn't really bother me a lot. One of the things I bought was the new Wii Fit -- tomorrow I hope to actually take it out of the box -- just too tired to get involved with it this evening.

See you tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #72  

Not that I care to continue the trend, but a very cold and rainy day here as well

I made the best of it by going shopping

The conference ended at noon today, so I took a couple hours to go to Kohls and Sams Club before returning home (gotta make the most out of a trip to the big city when gas is $4 a gallon).

I found a cute skirt, two pairs of pants, a kimono style dress and a really cute top. And - best of all, I only spent $46

Jay, you are right - my goal is sneaking up on me. I am tryng to decide if I need to lower it down to 130. I'm not sure yet. I think I will keep sticking to my plan when I reach 135 and see how my body responds.
I resurrected my Tae Bo video today (haven't done it for a few months) since it was too nasty to walk outside. I'm feeling it, which helps remind me that I need to continue mixing it up when it comes to exercise.

Hope you all had a very good day, even if the weather was less than stellar.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #73  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey!

Yesterday I accomplished a task I've been trying to get to for months.

We have a shed that we need to store a lot of stuff in--but in this climate (Fla.) one has to have climate control or mold happens. I bought a dehumidifier for the shed, and it's really done a great job of keeping things dry.

Well, the dehumidifier has a fitting to attach to a hose, so you can run the hose to a drain. Otherwise, you have to empty the reservoir at least once a day. In the case of the shed, there is no drain that would work--so my plan was to put a pipe through the wall of the shed to the outdoors. But as these things go, months went by...

We're going on a trip in June for 10 days, so it really is time to get the dehumidifier working on its own. Yesterday was the day... I had the drill bit to cut a hole through the wall (aluminum wall with vinyl siding on the outside); the assembly for the short pipe, with a V-shaped trap on the outside and a hose connector on the inside; a six-foot length of hose; and bushings/flanges to go on each side of the wall to finish and seal the assembly.

That's a long description just to say--I did it!
And it only took one-half hour from start to finish. Now those of you who have done any kind of home repair know that this is a miracle! I didn't even have to make the obligatory trip to the hardware store for more parts! Everything just went together perfectly.

So, that's my big success story for yesterday.

Hope you all have great successes today!

Jay
Old 05-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

Good going JAY . . . we are women; we can do it.

We have sunshine today and I want to go out and play so maybe I'll delay connecting my new Wii Fit until tomorrow (when it's supposed to rain again) because I know if I get started with the new toy, the day will suddenly disappear.

Have a great moving and shaking time, gang . . .
Old 05-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #75  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All, Glad to hear that everyone is doing well, I finally got around to adding my additional charm to my charm bracelet today. I buy a new charm for each month I stay at my goal weight and not gain. That charm bracelet is looking pretty good! It's a silly incentive, I am the first to admit, but it's something I really look forward to and it's not that expensive.

Counting, You really are close to your goal weight!!! Congratulations!!! I reavualted my goal weight as I went along. I said I would know when I wanted to stop and I did. It was a little below my goal. Trust your body, it will let you know when you get there. I loved the Tae Bo exercise but I can't do them anymore because of the kicking. Great tapes though.

Jay, You go girl!!! That is so inspiring.

Lyn, did you unpack that WII yet? I'm thinking...

Issie, I can't get the image out of my head now. YUCK!

Everyone have a good day, Freda
Closed Thread