Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #16  
Thin Within

Arrow Good Morning

ITS GONNA BE A WARM ONE

THANK YOU for such a nice welcome.

To clarify a misunderstanding ~ I don't have a phone line. There aren't any drops here for the service. The ranch across the road took them all ~ but that is a story for another day, I do have a cell phone but it doesn't work here either. If I want to make a call we drive down the road and around a few mountains about a mile. My internet connection is through Hughes which has a satelite and just beams the signal down and not trough a phone wire. We do have a satelite dish on the rig to receive the signal. Works better than a phone line and DSL connection. This is not a commerical, I don't work for them ~ just a satisfied customer.

I am sitting sipping my coffee in a tall container that won't spill if I knock it over. Does that give you a clue that I just might? My main squeeze had to roll out early this morning to head into town to the dentist ~ time for a cleaning. He is such a sweet heart ~ the coffee pot was set ready for me to just push a button & voilla. He's a keeper.

Our watermellon plants finally peeked up through the soil. I was beginning to think we would have to replant. The other things we planted are doing well. The gophers like them too.

I go to WW on Thursdays and sure hope to show a loss this week. I lose 10 pounds at a time. Well I guess my little ticker at the bottom tells you that.

A bicycle? What fun! And good exercise. I used to love to ride but now I have a brace on my left leg which makes it difficult to peddle ~ but we have a Jeep.

Everyone have wonderful day this day. And smile, you never know who is watching.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-06-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #17  

Hi all and welcome, Ruth and Maggie!

I'm on vacation right now in Melbourne Beach, Florida. We have a room right on the beach and we can hear the waves crashing all night. It's turtle nesting time, when the sea turtles come up on the beach at night to lay their eggs. We all have to keep our drapes drawn and lights down so as not to disturb them. Tomorrow we're going to Kennedy Space Center.

My eating hasn't been bad but not great. But I'm getting a lot of exercise...up and down stairs, swimming in the pool, walking on the beach. We'll see what the scales say when I get back home this weekend.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Dinahgirl! Sounds like you're having a great time! I would love to go to Kennedy Space Center someday. I'm over on the "left coast."

Yep, turtle nesting season! good for you for keeping the blinds drawn, so those little babies can find their way to the ocean.

Jay
Old 05-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Gosh--without meowee here to bump this thread up, I guess the rest of us will just have to post more!

How are you all doing today? Active? Happy? Losing or at least not gaining?

I hope so!

Jay
Old 05-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #20  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to Ruth Maggie and Dinah. Lots of new people on board. Nice to hear from you all.
Hope everyone is having a good week. I started Tai Chi last night and enjoyed that. I was so relaxed afterward. Was really nice.
Other than that I am still struggling to get to the gym in the morning. Maybe it would be a better idea to go in the evening. Especially now that the days are so much longer.
No weight loss these days just maintaining but that is a drag. I find it so hard to lose at this age. Need to continue to cut the portions back I guess.
I am slowly getting the food at work under control. Which is a god send. That is my biggest hill to climb. I have started to take nothing but healthy things with me but also enough that if I am starving then I can manage as I have an extra protein or a fruit.
Nice to see you all doing so well. I get on here to read usually everyday but then end up with no time left to chat.
So heres to a great week for everyone......
Be back soon.....Jude
Old 05-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #21  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Quick flyby to say hello. Supposedly, the bike shipped out from CA last night
Busy day with work and church activities. I almost skipped my afternoon workout, but I thought of all of you and just KNEW that you would do it, so I did an aerobic dance video and grabbed leftovers for supper instead of cooking. Funny, how we CAN find time to exercise when we really try

The weather is cold and rainy again, so I wasn't able to walk outside today. Hopefully, it will warm up again soon.

Hope you all had a wonderful OP day
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 AM   #22  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

hijude

CountingDown, may the bike arrive soon! And you're right--there IS time for exercise. I remember on another thread, one member was pointing out that we all have the same amount of time... 24/7/365... and it's our choice. I know there are all kinds of "buts" that people come up with--I can do it too--and yet, it's amazing to find that yes, there is time for exercise after all.

I went for a walk in the morning and to the gym in the afternoon!

I'm going to be gone the next few days, until Sunday--so keep up the conversation, folks!

Jay
Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #23  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. I'm just contemplating what to make for dinner (lunch) and as soon as someone can stay with mom I'm out for my jog. I feel I cannot miss a scheduled day of exercise if possible because that will leave a big gap in my May Accountability post.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #24  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning . . .

Ruth and I are right here watching over all of you Active Chickies, you know. And Ruth's gorgeous Portugese Water Dog, Hershey, is sitting here helping with this post, too.

Ontario is looking nice and sunny but it did rain late yesterday. We had a great lunch in Ottawa and then walked around the open-air market to burn off at least 20 of the thousand or so calories we had consumed . . . . . . Every little bit helps.

See you soon, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #25  

I'm doing good today. It's unusually cold here in Seattle for May. You almost have to wear a winter coat. I did get in some walking and I did some other exercising, weights and dancing. Over the last 2 weeks I've lost 3 more lbs for a total of 17 lbs since the beginning of the year, so I'm happy. It still keeps coming off even though I have hypoglycemia and it's been very hard for me to lose weight. Thank goodness for my diet program.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #26  

JayEll - hope you are doing something fun!

retiredone - LOL - the accountability thread DOES make you think about having to post your day's activities, doesn't it? I have skipped a late night snack or two, just so I didn't have to go back in and change my numbers

meowee & Ruth (and Hershey) - sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I have never been to Ottawa, but from the pictures I have seen, it would be a great place to walk around!

mandmsgirl - congrats girl - you are doing GREAT! Keep it up! I have always called myself a "turtle" on this journey. Slow, steady, plugging along. But each and every ounce we lose is significant. They all add up

Another busy day - but it was beautiful outside and I did get my walk in. We have a 2 mile (round trip) path that starts in the City park and goes to the Jr. High School (where my office is). I love to walk the lake path as much as I can.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

It was a wonderful little mini-vacation but I'm very glad to be home to my own bed. Slept like the proverbial log last night. Of course, I'm also back to crappier weather -- Ontario was quite a bit warmer and is the greening-up ever ahead of ours. Oh well, I do have one lonely tulip and a few bits of yellow at the base of my forsythias and I think I see a couple of buds on the lilacs . . . spring will get here.

Amazingly enough, the scale showed me a lower number than he handed be four days ago in spite of my salt and carb debacle while away (good grief, my ankles are still swollen). Maybe he missed me and is trying to be nice. I think the cats also missed me, but who can really tell with cats. Everything seems pretty normal this morning.

Well . . . better get myself to a few more 3FC places (after I get another ). See you all later, gang -- keep things moving and shaking.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #28  

Hi all - just checking in. Linda - glad you are back safe and sound! I'm SURE the kitties missed you.

Weight is stubbornly still at 139.0 (5 days in a row now), but I'm still so jazzed about the "3" that is isn't phasing me much. DH and I walked the lake path last night, plus an extra mile. I love spring!

Gotta get cracking on the PowerPoint presentations for church tomorrow and get some laundry and cleaning done.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

Jay - we are missing you! Hope you are doing something fun!
Old 05-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #29  

Hi everyone and happy Saturday. We are back from our week on the beach...it was absolutely awesome and if you ever have a chance to go to the Kennedy Space Center, jump on it. We even saw the shuttle out on the landing pad. I'm a space freak...I bought a pink coffee thermos that says "Space Princess" and a t-shirt that says "I need my Space."

My eating was not up to par, but hey, it was a vacation! However, we swam and walked a lot, so I'm sure it will all balance out. The cats missed us and actually let us know with their meows and purrs and leg-rubbing. Or, maybe that was canned food they wanted.

I told my husband that I have to get back on track with writing my food down because that's the best way for me. So I'm writing....orange/cranberry muffin and coffee for breakfast.

Monday I go back to work and school starts again. Work I could do without, but I love going to school so I'm looking forward to that.

Have a great day,everybody!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day . . .

Just finished wading through the e:cards and feeling a little glad that my kinds are a long way away. Although I'd love to be able to spend more time with them, I feel the need of a lazy, stay at home day today. Probably partly the cold rainy day with the wind at a definite moving and shaking level.

Hope the rest of you have wonderful and fun things on the agenda . . . see you later.
Closed Thread