Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #46  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

We've had beautiful weather since the Victoria Day weekend ended. I walked yesterday and got a little burned but I also broke out in a rash. I have a sun allergy/intolerance and I have to watch the amount of sun I get. The UV index was really high yesterday so I have paid the price for not wearing sunscreen. Today I exercise inside doing my circuit workout. The breeze coming through the window feels so cool and fresh that I probably won't be too hot hopping around inside.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning chickies, You gals in Canada had a long weekend last week and we get ours this weekend. Sounds like around here we could have rain showers most every day starting today. Temps will be in the upper 70's and 80's tho. No big plans, just get to play outside.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts when my m-i-l passed away.

Isabella congratulations on the weight loss and your control over food at your Mom's BD party. Congratulations to her for being 91.

Meowee I sure hope you are feeling better.

Freda congrats for being at goal for 6 months, it always feels like you will never get there, but you have proven that you can and stay there,
GOOD JOB !!!

Dina I am glad you are still here

I'm struggling at being good. This time of year I don't feel like eating much and so I find myself snacking but I am trying to do it on fresh fruit and veggies. Keep lots of salad fixins around. Kind of hit a plateau and can't seem to get it going downward again, need to pick up the exercise pace again I guess. What do you gals do to kickstart weight loss when you hit a plateau ?
Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and keep up the great work.
DONNA
Old 05-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #48  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Glad some of you are having sunshine . . . we had another cold and rainy day. But, didn't bother me a lot since I spent most of it out and about doing the shopping thing and I'm exhausted.

One thing I bought was the new Wii Fit -- tomorrow I hope to get it out of the box.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #49  
Isabella

It's overcast this morning but I must remember to apply sunscreen before I walk as the UV rays get through. It's 2 days before I weigh in and of course the anxiety seems to build. Or is it anticipation? Whatever I feel something akin to impatience. I've stayed on plan all week but today is my birthday and the temptation is there to overindulge just because.... But I've planned my meals and I'm not having cake but I am having a half cup of ice cream and a grilled cheese sandwich on sourdough bread. If all goes well and I can stay on plan next year this time I'll be sporting new clothes in much smaller sizes. I guess staying on plan is the best birthday gift I can give myself. (On a side note I'm not too happy about this aging business. Where's the button to stop getting old!)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

Today we have sunshine . . . . . . hope everybody else has a great day planned . . .
Old 05-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #51  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Hi all, Hope your day is going well. It's cold and damp here, still. Sunshine, come out, come out where ever you are!

Happy Birthday Isabella. I hope it's a great one. You are wise to plan, and add a few treats in there. I think that without them we are just to tempted to eat just to reward ourselves. I eat 90% healthy and 10 percent junk. Because I choose to.
what ever you do, do it because you chose to, not just on a moments whim.

Donna, We've all had those horrible plateau's. And they seem to last forever. I was even thinking about taking ALLI. I didn't and i'm glad because it finally made me realize that this wasn't a "diet" i was on and I didn't have to hurry. It was the way I chose to eat from now on. That takes a lot of soul searching and patents. We always want everything "right now" and that is just self distructive. hang in there girl, eat right, exercise, and remind yourself often that every day you are getting stronger, healthier and the weight will come off.

Go make it a good day. I know I've talked about this before. We can't control what life hands us, we can only controle our reatctions to it. We choose how we react. We can decide that nothing is going to steal our joy or we can let others dictate our lives.

take care, Freda
Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #52  
Isabella

Freda, thank you for the birthday wishes.

I just finished my supper and I have a few calories left over for a snack if I get hungry tonight. I had a grilled havarti cheese sandwich on sourdough bread-no margarine. I sprayed the bread with becel spray (similiar to pan spray). I had one serving of steak cut fries done in the oven, a large green salad with tomatoes with spray dressing and 1/2 cup ice cream on a plain cone and a glass of milk. We all had the same meal, except I buttered the other sandwiches and everyone enjoyed the meal. I don't do separate meals for myself. We all eat the same with some accommodations.

Oh, yes I feel good today.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #53  
Isabella

Back from the time warp.

Today I did my 45 minute circuit workout. I did it early in the morning so the day wouldn't get away from me. I missed my walk on Sunday so I had to get this lot of exercise in to make my 5x a week goal. Weigh in tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #54  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Almost wished you another Happy Birthday ISABELLA until I realized I was looking at an old post. Will definitely take us all a few days to get over this little time-warp.

Nothing too exciting for me today -- weather is strange to say the least -- overcast and relatively cool, but it still seems strangely 'muggy'. Sounds like a good day to do some inside kind of stuff.

Hope everybody else has a very enjoyable Sunday on the go . . .
Old 06-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #55  
Isabella

Ha, ha, one birthday a year is plenty, thank you.

The weather is grey and a chilly wind is blowing. Well it feels chilly now that I'm finished my walk. It felt good when I was walking. Did 5k just before dinner and then another 5k on my exercise bike when I got in.

I get so cold after I have a sweaty exercise session. It's the evaporation. I don't always have time to jump in the shower right after and I almost start to shiver. I suppose if I shivered violently enough I'd lose a little more weight. So here I am shivery and cold, typing and thinking I'd like to get in the shower but feeling so cold I don't want to get wet.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #56  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Looks like it's going to be a nice day in northern NS -- sunny and mid-70's -- hope the day is great for the rest of you too.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #57  

Good Morning, We had lots of sun this weekend, and some very warm weather. I think it got up to around 92. But towars the evening Sunday it got some very heavy winds. Some tornado's were spotted not far from us too. The sky got so black to awhile. Scary.

Isabella, Good for you for getting all your exercise in. Is today weight in day? Good luck!

Freda
Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #58  
Isabella

Freda my weigh in is on Saturdays. I lost another pound.

I did my 45 minute circuit workout today but had to buy a new step band as mine has broken again. I was shopping this afternoon and bought a new one to wear out. I also bought a nice little two button jacket-cotton with spandex. It's too small but it'll fit by the end of summer. It's quite nice with embroidered flowers. It's a winter white with white embroidery. It'll look good with jeans, pants or a skirt. And the best thing is that I got a great deal on it. It wasn't very expensive to begin with, only $16.99 but they had a 20% off sale on all ladies clothing. When I got it to the check out I noticed a small stain on the sleeve on the elbow so I asked if I could get an additional discount because there wasn't another jacket of that size. I got another $3 off. By the time I got the two discounts and the tax put on I paid less than $13 for it. I can't wait until it fits properly. By that time my jeans will be too big and I'll have a new pair to go with it. Oh, I love this weight loss stuff.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

I don't understand what has happened to my morning but I am very much behind with everything. But I did want to say a quick HI before I rush off again.

Hope to see you all later . . .

Last edited by meowee; 06-10-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #60  

Isabella, don't you love a good sale? Makes my day. And you're right, by winter you will be in that jacket and looking good! What a good incentive to keep going.

Freda
Closed Thread