Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #61  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Kathleen, have you tried the "peanut butter cup"? It's an amazing substitute for ice cream. Put a no sugar added fudgesicle in the micro for a few seconds to soften it up a tad. Then scrape it off the stick into a bowl, then add a little natural peanut butter and lite coolwhip and smash it all together. you can either eat it as is or refreeze it. It's wonderful.

Another "fake icecream" I came up with is to take FROZEN fruit...whatever you like..and put about 3/4 of a cup in the food processor (not blender) and pulse it a little to break the fruit up...then add about 1/4 GREEK yogurt and a little agave nectar or vanilla splenda and pulse more till it is creamy. The frozen fruit freezes the yogurt and it's kind of a cross between sherbet and ice cream....really refreshing. Only make as much as you can eat then, because leftovers don't freeze too well.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #62  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Thanks for the suggestions, Cat, but unfortunately, I am violently allergic to yogurt. One bite and I start coughing and get the worst cold ever. And peanut butter is also on my "leave alone" list. I do take a few frozen strawberries and let them thaw, then put some Sweet 'N Low on them and eat them one at a time. Normally, this is enough sweet for me, but once in a while, I crave something different. I also have a problem with most artificial sweeteners - I seem to only be able to handle Sweet 'N Low. But I'll keep looking for another way to get my sweets. Ice cream is not the way to go. I love it but it doesn't love me.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #63  
-

If artificial sweeteners bother you....try a little agave necter.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #64  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi All

Thanks for the heads-up on the Mulberries Karen3 - my tree is in sort of a side yard that doesn't see much action so I'm not too worried about cars and clothes but I am a little concerned at the idea of ending up with a purple dog......

Gee Cat just reading your adventures is making me feel sort of like a fuddy duddy -

In fact, I'm sort of starting to feel like the most boring person on the face of the earth. Absolutely nothing to report, rant, or complain about (well, except the poopie economy). I'm staying OP, exercising, working, and puttering around the house and yard. That's pretty much it. booooring. I don't feel bored though - just kind of content. Not even stressing that the scale isn't moving very fast - feeling happy enough with the changes in the way clothes are fitting (yay Fluidity) and enjoying my newfound taste for healthy foods. Well, I have a couple of days until the weekend - maybe I'll think of something new and different for DH and I to try...

Have a perfect spring day ladies
Old 05-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 153/153/130

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default checking in!

Thanks for the yummy ice cream substitutes, Cat. By the way, are you at your goal weight? How much did you lose?

Sounds like several of us are having a tough time staying OP. I know I am. Today, I should have time for a long walk or bike ride. The house cleaner comes today, so I won't have a dirty house as an excuse to stay inside and clean!

Hope you are all having a successful day so far. I'm doing well right now!

Betsy in CA
Old 05-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #66  
-

Betsy...I'm not really sure how much I've lost because I didn't weigh before I started (didn't have a scale, didn't want one...) hadn't been on a scale for about 2 years before I started cause they MADE me weigh when I had a hysterectomy. I was at 173 then and I know it was a lot more than that added in those 2 years.

I was wearing anywhere from a 16-18-20 depending on what the clothes were. I'm now wearing a 6 or an 8. I'm at my goal size wise, but still want to lose more tummy and keep tightening everything up some more...so maybe another 10lbs or so... I know it will be very slow, but I plan on eating this way the rest of my life, so when it all comes off, it comes off.

My scale broke the other day and unless I weigh 1,772 lbs, it is WAY off! I don't think I'm going to buy a new one. I'm not concerned with a number, just how I feel and how clothes fit...little clothes!!

On the subject of mulberry trees. We have one...or rather our neighbor does and they probably don't even know it because there is a ten ft thick bamboo grove growing around it and all the branches of the mulberry are on my side of the fence. It's about 30 ft tall. I have a deal with the birds...they get the ones at the top and I get the ones I can reach. The dogs eat the ones that land on gravel...same with my fig tree. I get out there at daylight and grab all I can reach and the birds can have the rest.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-07-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening everyone...Lordy how do you all have time to post in the morning. I check and fly by. Just finished posting my daily calories etc.....went way over % on carbs, but it was planned so no shocker.Lost one more wee pound.

YoYo....If this calm collected feeling persists we are gonna have to change your name to something quiet and laided back. I'll work on that and get back to you. Actually I really understand and have been feeling the same. Do you think maybe this is good healthy living?

Betsy....Don't you just love after the cleaners are here. Tomorrow my girl comes and the lawn guy just finished. House and yard will be perfect. After years of killing me pushing the vaccum having some one do it is pure joy!

Had a marvelous surprise have had about 25 people sign up to bring a snack to the tournament. So basically have all 3 days covered. Yipeeee......more worker bees than I thought.Need to find some where to borrow big beverage coolers for ice water. Checked the local rental place and they don't have them anymore. Any ideas? Bridge players drink gallons of ice water.

Tomorrow is a cook and pack day. I will be in and out of here attempting not to cheat. making a bunch of new stuff so it will be extra hard. Just throw a rock at me if I get too whinny!

Take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs...Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-07-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #68  

Hello morning hi nobody home? Karen3
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #69  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

I'm here, I'm here! Karen3 it's great you have so many volunteers this time to make snacks. That should be better for your snack attacks. I'm always cooking for some function or another at church so I know what it's like to have loads of food around that I'd love to sample (just eat, eat, eat).

It's overcast here today but I just noticed a glimmer of sun peaking through the gray. I had an almost unbearable chip craving last night. Had to do a rant and rave in "Chicks in Control." Just writing about it helped.

I don't know what to get for dinner (lunch) today. It's kind of chilly here in the house and soup would have been nice but almost too late to cook from scratch. I guess I'll start with a big salad for everyone and plan something around that. I must go root around in the cupboards and frig and see what I can rustle up.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #70  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies

Yeah, Karen3 I do think eating healthier really does affect attitude. I know that lately even things that in the past would have stressed me something terrible and made me want to hide under the covers (or in the cookie jar) now just sort of roll off. I just deal with them and move on. Makes you wonder how many instances of road rage would be avoided if Taco Bell went out of business

Cat? Quick question - how often do you do your Fluidity? I've been doing it twice a week most times but sometimes three (with a more dancey video on the other days for cardio). I was thinking of going to three days a week on a regular basis but wasn't sure if one more day would make a big difference. What do you think?

Thought of a positive spin on the recent shortages of corn - maybe now food companies will have to come up with something besides high fructose corn syrup to use as sweeteners Sure would make my shopping easier if they started using agave nectar instead

Things to do, things to do. Gotta run. Stay healthy and have a wonderful day
Old 05-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #71  
-

Yoyo...every other day. I do callenetics on the days I don't do fluidity and TRY to do about 45 minutes of yogalates in the late afternoons when I can (have missed the last few afternoons though!)
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #72  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning from overcast, cool So. Calif. Another cool day and it is supposed to last for a few more days. We haven't seen the sun for the past four or five days. One of these days, it'll be too hot again and I'll wish for this weather.

Today is my performance. Our group sings at the senior center and I have that solo - I haven't sung for the past 8 or 9 years so my voice is still rusty. I hope my song comes off okay - oh well, too late to worry about it now. The performance will be followed by a nice luncheon in honor of Mother's Day - chicken, veggies, and whatever. I'll just eat what is OP and leave the rest. I'm good at that lately.

We had a rehearsal brunch yesterday at the director's house. I picked up a huge salad from a nice restaurant in Pasadena - chicken, asian noodles, almond slices in lettuce with a delish viniagrette dressing. It came with zuccini bread - which I didn't eat. One of the other ladies brought a Philippino stew on rice and someone else brought a nice strawberry cake - I didn't eat any of that. But I had two plates of the salad - so good.

I bought my new window air conditioner at Sears yesterday - they were supposed to install it next week some time, but are coming this afternoon instead. So, I will be all ready for the heat when it comes back.

My worst food is ice cream. I bought some sugar-free/low carb ice cream a couple days ago. Had a couple scoops on Tuesday, then finished it off yesterday - a lot more than a couple scoops. So today, I am up a pound. I have to remember it didn't taste that good and wasn't worth the extra carbs. I must be eating to cover some stresses - oh well. Have to find something else to do instead.

Have a lovely day and wish me luck.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #73  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, home from Michigan and the new Ohio condo is starting to feel like home now. The time babysitting the grandsons was wonderful and they are on such a good schedule and good boys. The 3 yr. old told me it was time for his nap.....now ya can't beat that!

Didn't lose an ounce with all the playing outside, running up and down stairs and healthy eating.....I was hoping for at least a lb. loss.

DH was sick all last night, throwing up....Yuck, I hope I don't catch it. Don't know how he caught it.

Cat, going to get some fudgecicles today and try your idea. Thanks for sharing.

Got to run....have a Dr. appt. to get set up with one here in Ohio....hope I like her.

Phyllis
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #74  

Okay....nice to see you all! But what is Agave nectar? I have seen in it the store with Mexican foods. Sounds like I should try. Neutrasweet kills me especially in hot beverages. Literally double over with abd pain.

Went to SweetBay for extra supplies this morning and when used check card machine kept saying "invalid". Turns out bank has closed all check cards and reissued new cards in March. BUT forgot me. Scared me to death thinking I was in the middle of ID theft! Restarted card for week until they can get me another card. I needed a drink after that...ICE WATER!

Back to kitchen and start boiling eggs and baking the cake.
Karen3

PS Phyllis...kid germs. Get something everytime around little ones. No longer have the parent immunity system working. k

Last edited by Karen3; 05-08-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #75  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Well I had a great dinner after I did a little rooting around. I found a homemade ww pizza in the freezer and I roasted some root vegetables with a red onion, made the big salad and opened a can of beans. No one complained.

Kathleen, what song did you sing? I guessing all went well. I always worry before I sing. I sing solo at church occasionally and I direct the Christmas choir/program every year.
Closed Thread