Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody . . .

A great shopping day today -- spent way too much money, of course, but at least the Christmas list is finally getting wrestled into submission. That four hour mall-crawl will have to do for exercise today, though.

Lunch was also great but included too much food -- another one of my problems at this time of year unfortunately -- at least nothing made me sick today. Lunch included two -- not just one -- but two blueberry scones. They were not even as good as I seem to remember from over a year ago when I last had one -- so why oh why did I eat TWO of them.

Oh SPINY what a horrible, horrible vacation. Must admit I've never had a 'runny tummy' that lasted that long . . . and I hope I never do. I will think of you on your Thanksgiving, Chickie. How about we meet in here when all the rest of them are groaning from turkey overload.

Luckily, I don't seem to have any food allergies -- but that doesn't mean I won't find one eventually. Who know, maybe I'm allergic to kumquats . . . never had one so I don't know . My shopping buddy LouLou is allergic to walnuts - no other nut; not even peanuts - just walnuts. Makes her very careful about avoiding the Christmas goodies if she doesn't know exactly what's in them. I avoid a lot of Christmas goodies too but that's because I just do not like coconut and that seems to be a favourite thing in many Christmas cookies, too.

I'm a TV-person . . . can't exactly say TV-watcher --- it tends to be on as much for noise as anything else. I usually read at the same time. One or two programs do catch my eye, though, and I usually watch the evening news.

Anyway, gang . . . hope you all have a great evening . . . I'd better think about throwing some cat food on the floor before they start devouring the furniture. See you tomorrow . . .
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #32  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sounds good, Linda, to meet here on TG! I've never had a kumquat either but I like its name!
I am cat-sitting right now for a cat that is right in front of the monitor, looking at the letters pop up and batting at them as they do so, or the mouse cursor or whatever I have going on. Combo of annoying and cute at the same time. Very soft and and cute cat though, so i can't get too annoyed at her. She's a ...Rag doll... (i'm singing) I can't even see what I am typing because she is right in the monitor so I apologize if something is wrong in my typing here. "Stop meowing and stop batting and go away!" No, i can't tell her that, she is so sweet.
OH - worked out chest and triceps today at the gym.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #33  
Onward and Downward

Purrecious does that little trick too . . . afraid I shut her out of the computer room now, because after she tires of the the batting game, she lies down on the keyboard.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 AM   #34  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another gorgeous, sunny day . . . think I'll go shopping again . . . I'm on a roll and now want to get the Christmas stuff done (as much as possible). Probably should be doing laundry, but, hey, that's not nearly as much fun . . .

See you later . . .
Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #35  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

I think all cats are just like our children used to be!! Remember when they'd be playing in the other room UNTIL THE PHONE RANG and then they'd need attention immediately, or a fight would start, or something would spill?? All I have to do is sit at the puter, and 3 cats come running. How are you supposed to type and hold a cat at the same time???

Accomplished a goal this weekend - we feel pretty safe that hurricane season is over. Glad we only got one storm (TS Erin). We got 9' from that one. ANYWAY, at the beginning of every hurricane season we stock up on stuff, and it's mostly stuff that's not diet friendly cause it's all convenience foods. Vienna sausages, mac and cheese, canned soup, canned meats, etc. So I had about $150 worth of stuff like that, and we got it to the local food bank yesterday. Now, we can relax about it until June when we get to be tense all over again for 6 months.

We learned with Katrina and Rita just how bad things can be. Rita hit us hard, but that's a story for another day...still having nightmares....
Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #36  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

CraftyOne, I live in Florida, and both 2004 and 2005 were soooo bad! No wonder you have nightmares.

We stock up on food, too, but most of it is healthy stuff we can eat the rest of the year.

Well, it's another Monday... And I'm still struggling with the scale... looks like I've hit a stall point for sure.

I think it's a good idea to check in here on T-Day. We're going out in the evening instead of having an afternoon dinner. That will be useful because there won't be leftover except for doggie bags.

Jay
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #37  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Had another great day of shopping yesterday and I think . . . . . . my Christmas Shopping is finished Well, other than one thing I haven't found yet (it's here somewhere in the house, tucked away for safe-keeping), a couple of books yet to arrive from Amazon and a few Gift Certificates. Now, just have to get wrapping paper and bags and get busy at that chore.

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . . back later . . .
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

One thing I find so irritating about Thanksgiving is that so many people take the whole week off--it's impossible to take care of normal things! The vet won't be back until next week... what's-her-name is out of the office... nope, can't check on that because no one answers... No, we can't get anyone out there right now... and so it goes!

And I'm not fond of Xmas, either! Guess I'm just grumpy today.

I finally managed to keep my calories under 1300 yesterday. It's been a struggle to NOT eat more snacks in the evening.

How is everyone else doing?

Jay
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Cheer up . . . JAY . . . remember your good eating day yesterday . . . mine was pretty good, too at 1408 calories and NO CW (this is day 20 and I'm still clean and sober) . . . here's to another good day for both of us . . . and everybody else too . . .
Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #40  
breakfast rebel

Jay,
HUMBUG! I am not a Christmassy person either. Sorry to anyone I might offend but I get so tired of those decorations by the time the day arrives. (No, I don't do decorations.) I still can't believe they make special Christmas salt and pepper shakers.
I had a lunch I think like the one Linda mentioned last week. It didn't seem like that much (Indian food - mostly curried vegetables) but it must have become part of the ever-expanding universe inside my stomach. UGH! I wished I was bulemic but I am not and couldn't be but I wished I had a valve or something. I swore I would never eat another thing for the rest of my entire life. That was at 1pm, it is now 6 am and so far I have not eaten anything and I still feel stuffed. What is is DOING in there? Did they put a tub of grease in the vegetables or what? Now I will have to write my theory of grease-o-genesis. Maybe I've discovered a cure for world hunger. Indian food. No wait, there are people starving in India. I don't get it.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #41  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Spiney! I'm laughing so hard I have tears!! Thanks for the great start to my morning
Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #42  
breakfast rebel

Well I am glad I can at least provide some amusement.
Going on 20 hours now since the consumption of the multiplying Saag Paneer glop from H. I am still stuffed. It's reproducing in there, I swear it is. Or there is a chemical reaction going on like a runaway train. I think I am going to blow up like Mt. St. Helens and no one is going to want to be in the same building when it happens.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #43  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Spinymouse,

I'm a Scrooge a lot of the time as well. Bah.

Sorry about the saag paneer--which as I remember is spinach with cheese? Are you used to eating diary products? I can't imagine why you would still be feeling full... Have you tried eating anything? I hope you're drinking water...

I had my gall bladder out about ten years back, and since then I can't eat food that is too greasy or I'm quite uncomfortable for a long time... Anything like that in your case?

Hey Craftyone, nice avatar pic!

I'm off to the grocery store soon--need to stock up on my weekly program food.

Cheers!
Jay
Old 11-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #44  
breakfast rebel

I still have a gallbladder and I'm used to dairy. But I'm probably not used to as much fat content as restaurant food provides. I'm used to my own cooking. The restaurant may have made the spinach glop with a lot of manufacturing cream or something I'd be horrified by if I only knew. I do wish restaruants were required to list the nutritional info.
24 hours and still stuffed.
I remember feeling this way once last year over a bowl of dal. And that was all I had too, just a bowl (small one!) of dal. I thought I was going to explode like the Big Bang Theory. It's that Indian food, I tell you!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #45  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hello to all! Been way too busy lately! And I'm afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better! Starting to get some Christmas shopping done though, so that feels good! Sounds like everyone is doing well! I am staying OP, but seem to have stalled a bit with the weight loss. Here's hoping that scale starts moving soon!

Spinymouse - I agree with you! It is so hard to guess what is in restaurant food. I love "mom and pop" ethnic restaurants, but you can never tell what is in an entree!

However, I am one of those people that does Christmas decorations to death. I would definitely annoy you. We light up the neighborhood with a nativity, I decorate my offices with fiber-optic trees and angels. I have calmed down inside the house some, but still have boxes and boxes of decorations that I put up.

Debbie - my cat's are like that too! And my dog still barks his head off every time I answer the phone. He is so jealous of anything that demands my attention!

Linda - I am jealous! I usually have my shopping done by now too. And this year, I am just getting started. I am feeling so behind. Here's hoping I can knock most of it off this weekend. I feel a marathon session with my laptop coming on!
Closed Thread