Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I just guffawed all over my screen!

I wish I could do folk dancing. I am a complete klutz. Don't know my right foot from the left.

I just got back from my walk. 2.34 miles, 6221 aerobic steps, and 57 minutes. W00t!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:40 AM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi Gang . . . :wave

Have a very Happy Haunting Day . . .
Old 10-31-2007, 12:33 PM   #18  

Good morning, everyone. I just got back from my 2.55 mile walk. I'm a winner! It seems like I have to drag myself through an entire mile before it starts feeling good. I am starting to feel lighter on my feet. Probably from weight loss, and I am getting a little more agile with practice!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Why, Gail, you're getting stronger! HA!

I went for my walk this morning, too. It was warm but cloudy--it's been cloudy for a few days. We've got a static front sitting right on top of us here.

Jay
Old 10-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #20  

I forgot to mention I saw a red-tailed hawk this morning while I was walking. He was sitting on a power pole and stayed there long enough for me to watch him for a while.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #21  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Red-Tailed Hawk

Any day you see a Red-Tailed Hawk is a good day

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXXX| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 13. 29 to go. Keep going!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #22  

Yep. We haven't seen too many this year.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 AM   #23  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Bill!

Today's work schedule for me involves... sitting in a chair. I work at a desk all day--and that's part of how I gained weight. So I really do need those exercise periods to offset that.

I hope everyone's Halloween went OK. We didn't have any trick-or-treat where I live, but downtown they closed off Main St. and kids in costume and their parents were out and about. It was really fun! I had to be down there to mail something, so I got a taste of it.

Jay
Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #24  

I sit at a desk, too. Sometimes I do a few "chair" exercises. Leg lifts and lifting my body off the seat using my arms against the chair arms.

I have to work the day shift again today because someone is sick. That sure interferes with my life! Of course, I can always use the extra money to buy shoes.

I ended up yesterday eating even more junk food. I don't know what got into me. The last two days I have messed up more than any other time since I started this in January. I doubt that I will gain weight from just a couple of days off plan, but I sure want to avoid getting into bad habits.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #25  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Gosh! Gail, what happened? Did you get too happy about 147 and "decide" (unconsciously) to mess it up? I've had urges like that in the past... But hey! Look! You weigh less than I do! Now do you want to make that untrue! You go girl!

I had to add--you remember Bob? The man in his 80s that I see at the fitness center? I was out for my walk today and... there's Bob! I guess he's really got the right idea about staying fit.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 11-01-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #26  

Hah! I may weigh less than you do, JayEll, but I'll bet I am more height challenged than you are.

I have done a little analysis:

1. I have to come to grips with my varied work schedule - this is something I am not used to and I didn't know that it was going to happen so often. I guess nobody likes change, and I haven't figured out a way to cope yet.

2. I need to be mindful, but not stress over things that don't happen very often - potlucks, and junk food available at home. This is not what made me fat. Over eating on a continual basis and eating bread and peanut butter or bread and butter at night is basically what made me fat.

3. I will be going to Ann Arbor for 2 or 3 weeks when a grandchild is born. I think this will be ok because I will be cooking and I am motivated to cook healthy for the new mom as well as the rest of us. Also, there is a good place to walk right where they live.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #27  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Happy November . . .

In October, I added a little formal exercise to my regimen almost every day -- not a lot; but for me; an amazing amount. One of the things I changed was to bring my stability ball upstairs and have used it as my only computer chair ever since -- actually I had to find someplace to put it when I added "Gadzella" and "The Tramp" to my familyroom -- but it does make you use those stomach muscles a little extra bit just maintaining your balance when you are typing.

So what great stuff is everybody planning for themselves this month? For me . . . two things . . . keep up the exercise (well, hopefully, increase the exercise) and -- drum roll, please -- kick my Cool Whip 'addiction' -- nasty, nasty stuff with all that HFCS in it (has to be that, right -- couldn't just be that I have no self-control ).

Anyway . . . have a great evening, gang . . . keep doing the good stuff.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Lol!!

I will archive that one in my memory bank for sure. I love quotes like that.

I did my beloved trek up --and dancing on top- of "MY Hill" in the park today. I was thinking it might be the last time this year, because deer hunting starts Sat. and goes for 9 days. It is insane to be out in the park then. I almost hate to be out in my yard...tend to head to the city both weekends...not necessarily big city, 'cuz there aren't any around, but I go to parks "in town". I have a favorite along a river in a nearby town.

I realized the last time I was up the hill last year was the day before Thanksgiving, so I may get another shot. *sigh
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #29  

Much better day, calorie-wise.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #30  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Meowee!
I am giving you a mantra. OK? (I don't mean to be mean!) But here is is:

Cool Whip is not a food.
Cool Whip is not a food.
(repeatedly.)
I mean really! It's a synthetic polymer!!

(What was that thing way back on SNL -- "its a floor wax!" "It's a dessert topping!")

with smiley faces and all good wishes, honest.
jo the chemist
Closed Thread