3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #271
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #272

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

I'm on the run - hopefully tonight or this weekend I'll have time to spend some quality time with you. I'm needing that - keep bouncing back and forth between 160 and 159. Been doing this for at least 2 weeks. Getting tired of bouncing.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #273
ann

S/C/G: 179/179/140

Height: 5'4"

Lynn,Hang in there, I can't get that dang scale to move.
Hi there Linda.
Ann
Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #274
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Hi GG's:

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! I love Fridays and making plans for the weekend. Clean house, walk, read, garden, church, visit a couple of friends....that's my plan. Have a good one.

Zoe: Not a bad idea about my son and I going into business together. When I owned a mortgage company both he and my daughter helped me. I still have my license for California Processing so I could use that license and start up my loan processing business again. I'll think about that too. You sound like you have allergies like me. Mornings are the worst. Take care of yourself. Medicate, medicate, medicate and drink lots of water. I remember staying out all night and getting home in time to get a shower and go to school too. Wow, now that you mention it I used to do that a lot and have tons of energy and I remember forgetting to eat for several days sometimes, wore a size 4, and felt pretty darn good. What happened???

Theresa: So glad you got your computer up and running. It's always hard to start a new job. I especially hate the first week. Good luck! 4 pounds down is awesome. Terrific!

Lynn: Maybe the stress of the job is keeping you from losing. I read an article that said stress can make you gain or make you maintain. Maybe your hectic schedule has caused you to maintain. Here's wishing you the best.

Talk to you soon.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #275
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, here I am again....just a few of us die-hards posting, I see. Busy times indeed.
Meowee-Linda, yup...sometimes I take Benadryl, sometimes cold medicine. I think I probably am going to drag myself (unwillingly) back to the doctor if this doesnít let up before long and insist that they find out what this is.
Hi Ann, it sure is getting so you donít know whatís good to eat and what isnít anymore, isnít it? Iím beginning to think the only solution is to give up the city life and retreat to the country and grow our own stuff. In fact, my DD & I were talking about it the other day - said we should buy a farm somewhere together - let the DHís keep their jobs to cover the mortgage & etc., and we could put on some long gingham checked dresses & bonnets and go back to a kinder and gentler way of life. (Harder, too, I guess...all that reaping & sowing and stuff! )
Oh, Tee, I know it must be hard, leaving those folks who have come to love you! (Like us). Well, itís not like youíre leaving to go into stock brokering or something...youíll be helping a whole new set of folks! (Just donít you leave us!)
Sounds like we could get up a good game of paddle-ball, eh, Lynn? I HOPE Iím not bouncing though - doesnít FEEL like it, but one never does know what the freaking stupid SCALES will say! (Grrrrrrrr!)
Hah, LindaD! Werenít THOSE the good oleí days? I donít ever recall being a size 4, but I was pretty streamlined, all the same. Iíd LOVE to have a family business! I wish my kids could all agree on something theyíd like to do together. It sounds like you & your son have all the prerequisites to go ahead and get something started for yourselves - I mean, how kewl is that???? Well, you know Iím rooting for you - whatever you decide on.
So, Phyl? Where are YOU today, girlfriend? (Sheís prolly in that danged pool ...SOME people just have it made, yanno... )
Jo-annie, donít make me come looking for you!

Pizza on Lavash (2 pts) bread for supper....so far, so good. Oleí Z is doiní it!

Take good care, yíall...

Z

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #276

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Talking

everyone!

I've been missing almost all week. I was doing 2 jobs this week and it was hectic. At weigh-in this Thursday, I lost 1.6 pounds. Rather funny while I don't recall sticking to the WW flex plan really well or excercising like I should---1.6 pounds. I'm back to logging everything in the journal and yes, I'm exercising.

Like LindaD, I'm planning a rather relaxing weekend. I'm even hoping to sleep past 7:30 tomorrow morning

I had about 9 days of post to read this evening! Everyone has been sooo busy!

Gary and Lyn: :Congrat: on your weight loss!!

Theresa---That ebay story was a hoot!!! Iíve read about your last day at the old job. Itís normal to have some crying spells but Iím sure youíll find it no problem at the new job. You are such a caring person..people will be drawn to you like a moth to flame.

Joanne---I hope the results are fine!

Gayle---A GD [is that right for grand daughter] Madison!! How's Mom and Grandmom?

Ann!!

Cat: I am sending : your way for the teaching job.

LindaDóIím sorry to hear that your son was laid off recently. This housing market is surely going to effect us all before it turns around. NO you are not too old to change careers---go back to school and enjoy yourself.

Lynn---Take some time out for yourself. This new course sounds like a ďkillerĒ. :

I know I've missed so many of the Golden Girls. to you!!

I'm sleepy!

Trish

Excercise Goal is 28 points/week WATP!!!

= 2 Miles or 30 minutes of exercise

Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #277

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Golden Girls!

I try to keep up with all you busy bees but just don't seem to be able to post very often! Old age or too many kids or both!!

Someone mentioned that I get the crown for the youngest kids! You betcha! My biological son is 21 and the other four are all adopted - so that's why they are so young! It keeps me younger or more tired - depends on the day!

Hope you are all doing well and will try to catch up with you all this weekend!

Have a great weekend!
Lori

CHRISTMAS GOAL: 100 pound loss
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #278

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't go back farther than 2 pages. Tonight, I'll go back to where I last posted personals & check up on everyone. For now, here are my personals for last 2 pages.

Hi Lily, I hope you have a good time at the cabin this weekend.

Hi Karen, I squeezed in scrapping yesterday (had to stay up until midnight working on my class to pay for my day out) and today, I'm planning to go walk the canal with my friend. I'm just thankful this class is "only" 4 weeks long.

Hi Ann, WELCOME to our family. Sorry I haven't been around more. Just wait until October - I'll be back to normal then.

Hi Ali, Phyllis, Cat, I hope you are staying dry. My dd & sil are supposed to fly into Tampa today for a week's vacation.

Hi Phyllis, not sure if I told you, but my sister/brother-in-law's house just sold after being on the market 6 months. Maybe it's a good omen for you and Karen.
I'm so sorry about your foot. Have you been to the doctor's about that? You know my story - it's not "willpower" as much as fear. I ate 1/4 of a peach yesterday & my blood sugar was fine 2 hours later. I REALLY enjoyed that peach!

Hi Linda, I have a question for you. Do you think the diabetes or the meds could be making our weight loss slower? It seems to me that since I switched meds these pounds just don't want to drop.

Hi Lyn, when I have to teach the same thing multiple times, I forget what I've said. I'm in the middle of something & stop and think, "Now, did I already say this to this group or was that the group before?"

Hi LindaD, so sorry about your son being laid off. My sil's son was also laid off - he's in the loan business. If stress can make me maintain, I'll be at this weight until this [email protected]#$%^%$#@! class is over!

Hi Zoe, what kind of award did your dd receive? You and me both with the exercise. However, I'm back to walking today - meeting my friend for our 5-miler.

Hi Theresa, CONGRATULATIONS on 4-lb loss this month! How is Jessica doing? Do you start your new job on Monday?

Hi Trish, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Hi Lori, WOW 5 kids! I give you LOTS of credit focusing on your weight loss & raising 5 kids at the same time!

Tonight I will read all the pages I've missed. I hope Paula, Gayle, Margaret, Cat, Marylynn, Joanne, and Bobbi are all OK. Didn't see any posts from you gals during the past 2 pages.

I hope to check back later,

Lynn
Old 09-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #279
ann

Hi gals,
Sleepy Sat morning.
I am a early bird, but feel I could go back to bed.

Hey Ella, that country move doesn't sound to bad, but does sound like a lot of work at my age. There's good things about the city,and the country. Sure like those home grown tomatoes though.

Lori, I couldn't keep up with 5 kids at 68, I do good to keep up with my 4 grandkids and they aren't here all the time. I think though they do keep you younger.
Hi Linda, Lynn and Linda D. Have a great weekend,

Oh yes the scale did move, I was so surprised. 4 lbs down. I have been drinking that wuloong tea, but who knows if that done it or Just eating a little different and not as much.
Well, better get busy,
Ann

Last edited by shrl; 09-22-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #280
ann

Trish,
Congrats on your weight loss and everyone for thier losses.
Ann
Old 09-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #281
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning everyone and happy last day of summer! Once again, I'm going to have to go back a few pages and catch up with everyone's news.

It has been a wild week here. I was sick for 3 days...finally decided to take Wednesday off..well, I kind of had no choice (tummy troubles)Got 1/2 way to work and had to turn around. I learned a very important lesson. When one is older and one has tummy troubles, one should be sure to bring ones reading glasses into the bathroom, or one has no choice but to count tiles for hours. nuff said.

My youngest son's birthday was also this week and I officially don't have any teenagers now. He was never really a teenager, but it's official now. Ordered him a new platform bed, sheets, quilt etc. His room was redone a few years ago with an added futon etc to make it more of a living room for friends to hang out, but since they have all scattered to different colleges, we don't have them over every afternoon so we figured it was time to get rid of all the extra seating in there and get him a bigger bed. Work was very hectic this week and then we were getting ready for the storm. The warning was called off last night. Glad I didn't go nuts spending money on extra food, water, batteries etc. Dodged the bullet on that one.

We still may get a few days of rain, so I want to get out in my rose garden in the front today and finish putting down fresh mulch early this morning. Yesterday on the way home from school, I went to the feed store and picked up some more parsley plants since I use so much of it. I had an old fountain whose pump had quit working and the thing just filled up with rain and had to be dumped a lot. So my husband drilled some holes in it for drainage and I put the parsley in it. I also planted some viola seeds around the parsley for a little color out on the patio this winter when there is nothing but sticks left around the patio. I love my little herb garden. It is all in pots and it's great being able to just go outside and have lots of fresh herbs when I cook...keeps it from getting boring.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-15-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #282
Lifetime Loser

Well, if stress is the problem.....I'll weigh this until we sell our place!

We found a place in Ohio, in the exact neighborhood we love, the exact style condo we love for $20,000 less than the others. It is a repossessed condo and sold as is. My step-son will go look at it Monday eve for us. Now we have to figure out if we can buy it and carry both places and when in the next couple weeks we can make that 1100 mile drive up.

We have only been on the market for 1 week and no one has even called on this condo yet so that really scares me....this condo could not sell for months!

Anyway this has turned into a BAD eating and wine drinking week including going out tonight.....I am up 2 lbs. (Hopefully some of that is water). I am going to start walking today and see how the foot holds up, I know the walking would help with the stress.

So enough about about me and my woes....................

Zoe, I hope you do go to the Dr. I just talked to a friend of mine in Indiana and he has had broncitis (spelling?) since January...better but still has the deep cough. Fall is a bad time of year for allergies even here in FL. My dh is having a terrible time. Tylenol Sinus tablets always helped me when I had bad sinus/allergy. I don't want to move to a farm, no way but I would like to be able to grow a couple tomato plants.

Cat, I thought about you with the storm and glad your only getting rain. We are getting lots of rain but we need it. I love to have fresh herbs too, I have a lot of different kinds in claypots on our patio, I need to get new parsley, using that old fountain is a great idea....looks good.

Ann & Trish, good going on the weight loss....keep up the good work. Guess keeping up with kids helps!

Lynn, I need to get some fear I guess the way things are going here. Glad your getting your walk in that always helps the stress. Wow, I sure am glad your not teaching that class again, we miss you here.

Theresa, congrats on your weight loss.....way to go girl. I know your a bit sad leaving your people at the old job but try and think of it all as a new adventure and all the new friends you'll make plus more $ and closer to home, they will love you.

Hi Lori, you must be one busy lady with 5 children.....you adoped 4, how wonderful. I almost adopted once years ago, sometimes I wish I had....it's a great thing to do.

Linda D., you have such a great attitude. Owning your own business isn't the piece of cake everyone thinks. It's hard work, long hours and not many vacations....we have owned 2 businesses but I would do it all over again. Take your time and you'll make the right decision.

Hi Karen, I finally saw the deer in the picture you posted....took me long enough. How is the selling of the home going? We cleaned yesterday in hopes of getting a showing this week-end.........No ZOE...I wasn't at the pool!

Gayle, hope that little Maddy is doing well....I am sure no one is getting much sleep. Are you having to work much? Hope your not and getting to help with the new baby.

Joanne, hope your test results will be just fine. Sending up a prayer for you.
Keep in touch or we will have to send Zoe after you!

Hi to all I missed need to get some food....

Phyllis

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #283

A good Sat. morning everyone!

DH starts his vacation today. We had planned on going home, but due to some unexpected major expenses that came up, we decided to stay put. We have no special plans. There are a few things we have to do around the house that we've been putting off and this is a good time to do them. My best friend is flying into Ft Myers on Oct. 3rd. I have to pick her up at the airport. One day there will be a trial run to the airport so I'll know where I have to go.

We are going out for a late lunch with friends of our's later this afternoon. There is this Cajun/Creole restaurant not too far from here that has fantastic food.

Cat, sorry that you haven't been feeling well. Hope your tummy is feeling better now. I'm glad that the storm warning expired. I thought of you everytime I'd listen to our weather, hoping that you weren't in the path of that storm.

Ann, congratulations on your 4 lb. weight loss. You're really doing great.

Lynn, it sounds like you had a very busy week teaching your class. Hope you have a good day walking along the canal with your friend. Tampa is a pretty busy airport. I hope your dd & sil have a wonderful visit while in FL.

Hi Lori, nice to hear from you. It sounds like you've been very busy.

Trish, congratulations on your weight loss. I do like surprises like that.

Zoe, living in the country was one of the reasons DH & I moved to NH. It was so peaceful having woods on either side of you and not having neighbors living practically ontop of you.

Phyllis, we didn't get as much rain as you did and we need it badly. How is your foot? A couple months back I had plantar faciitis (sp?) in my right food. Thankfully it got better on its own. Hope your foot is feeling better.

Theresa, how did your last day of work go? The last day of work can get pretty emotional especially when you've made such dear friends. Now you have a new job to look forward to.

Hello to the rest of the Golden Girls that I've missed.
Enjoy your Sat. everyone.
Ali

Last edited by aleka; 09-22-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #284
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning again . . .

Still not feeling up to par . . . partly because my blood sugar levels are still being so erratic . . . hope it gets back in sync soon. At least our weather is still being really, really kind to us. Keep it coming Mama Nature.

Kittens (and cats) are being good. Eating is pretty good. Exercise (well ).

Have a great day gang . . . See you later . . .

Old 09-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #285

Phyllis, we were posting at the same time. Take heart, the snowbirds will be arriving shortly, some are already here, and you'll probably have more activity on your condo when the "season" starts.

Ali
Closed Thread