Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Katiam
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #197  
Homeschool Consultant

S/C/G: 335/273/150

Height: 5' 6"

PERSONAL:
Hello I'm Sandra, age 50. My husband and I are living in Texas after several years in Virginia Beach. VA. We moved back to Texas to be closer to my parents since my Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. My Dad, age 83 is in stage 6 of Alzheimer's (a form of Dementia). He does not remember who we (me and my siblings) are bit we know what is important is that we still have him in our lives.

My younger husband have been married for over 16 years. We have two sons (ages 8 and 14). We lost a baby daughter in 2008. We homeschool our sons and participate in a large homeschool support group that offers co-op courses. Between co-ops, field trips, sports and get togethers our children are enjoying life as homeschoolers.

I work at home as a voice over artist doing and enjoy doing it. When I am not doing voice over work, I earn extra income being a mural artist and also paint landscapes/portraits for clients.

My favorite hobbies are painting. drawing, making crafts, gardening and writing. My taste in movies varies but I mainly enjoy movies from the Marvel Movie franchise and anything that Tom Hiddleston is in. I am a huge fan of his. I enjoy working on paintings of him or other characters from the movies. I get most of my inspiration to paint from music or when I work on my husband's Loki costume as he is a cosplayer and dresses as Loki (even though he is a look a like for Andrew Lincoln).

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN:
My weight has gone up and down through the years. My highest weight was near 400 when I was in my late 20s. I am currently at 273. It is my hope to go down to 150. I have tried in the past Weight watchers, Atkins but my best success has been tracking calories, carbs and protein as well as daily exercise. I primarily used the glycemic index for the better part of the last several years since I am a diabetic (I was diagnosed at age 28) but since being gluten free, I used the My Fitness Pal app to track food and exercise.

SPECIAL HOPES/ASPIRATIONS/ACHIEVEMENTS/CHALLENGES:
In July of 2014 I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. I had suspicions for years something was wrong because I would get extremely sick after eating pasta, breads or other grains. It was terrible and I fought for months to convince my doctor to have me tested. Since then, I have gone strictly gluten free. I feel better and have more energy than I have had in years. It is costly but worth it because I am getting my health back so I can focus on exercising and eating healthy.

I am limited in what exercise equipment I can use due to a worn cart ledge and arthritis in my left knee (the same knee I had a meniscus tear (torn cartilage in) I am prohibited from using a stair master or bicycle because of the repeated bending of the knee, so it is my hope to try and dose more weight to help me knee. I can walk up to 1.5 miles before my knee gives so I try to do yoga and other exercises that do not place too much stress on my knee.

I want to enjoy my life with my young children and go places and do things that for years held me back.

Last edited by blue_meets_green; 05-30-2015 at 09:35 PM.
blue_meets_green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #198  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Hi Blue I am from Va too - just outside of Richmond. Lived here my whole life - just different houses. Lol.

I am doing South Beach which is sort of similar to Atkins. I have an autoimmune disease, too, and it really limits my mobility. My rheumatologist called it Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Last week, I strained my ankle just getting up from the couch! Still limping this week! I am trying to stay away from "nightshades" as I have read it can aggravate autoimmune diseases.

I applaud you homeschooling your kids. They will definitely have an edge up, knowing what they are trying to push on kids in public schools these days. No kids here, but I hear what is going on in the news.

I am trying to get to 150, also. I weighed that when I got married and haven't seen that on the scale in 20 years. I got up to 237 as my highest and I am down to 218 now. I got back on SB Diet May 5th. I really need to get this extra weight off my joints, too.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I'm Gail. Here's a quick rundown on me:
Turned 50 last November, married, no kids, one lazy old cat & in desperate need of dropping the extra pounds. I'm currently at 273, loosing 4 lbs. in the last 10 days or so. Not too bad of a start even if it might just be water weight...I had been consuming waaaay too much sodium.
Last fall I had to have an emergency hysterectomy, so that put me immediately into menopause. My incision didn't heal quite right, mostly because of my big belly, so I was laid up for nearly 4 months. Then the whole circus of trying to get my hormones in check...trust me, NO FUN!! I think that my gyno & I have finally found the right combination of meds to get me stable. THANK GOD!!! He did however tell me that I need to lose weight. Uh, DUH!!!
I was a member back about 2 yrs. ago, I think. I found that this was a great place for encouragement & support.
Let's see what else has gone on with me since I was here back when. My hubby, who I refer to as H, had a TIA almost 2 yrs. ago, so that was rough. But that's not all folks, he also was diagnosed with AFib, necessitating a pacemaker. All of these things combined with his HBP & diabetes he is on about 12 medications & 5 supplements. If it weren't for love, I'd probably ring his neck!
I'm glad to be back, feeling pretty healthy. I know I've got a lot of work, but I'm going to take it one meal/one meal/one excise at a time. I CAN DO THIS!!! I did it before, I can & will do it again! I'm kicking fat's butt & taking names! How bout you?
GOAL: loose 100+ pounds.

MINI GOAL: loose 20 or so pounds by my 51 birthday, Nov. 8th. The rest I'm still figuring out.

GAME PLAN: Eat healthy---no fast foods/no fried foods, eat more fruits/veggies. Cut back/out on soda---drink more H2O & healthy juices. Exercise---walk a min. of 45 minutes at least 6 times a week, stretching exercises & eventually some strengthening exercises.

Hope everyone reaches their goal!! We are in this together! We can do it!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:20 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 155/140/130

Default KJ's story

I used food to numb. I am tired of yoyo and my groups of clothes, especially pants. I am a pear shaped and I want to be more proportional so I can fit into one size of pants. I grew up fat because all I did was bake cakes, cookies. I baked myself into 180-200 lbs in my teenage years. I joined weight watchers and by drinking diet soda I dropped to 150's. I went to OA but never understood the powerlessness because I wanted control. My yoyo is 15 to 25 lbs. I yoyo because I react to emotional eating. I joined Taking Pounds Off Sensibly 6 weeks to go somewhere where I would be weighed once a week. I need the accountability. I joined this because I needed additional support. I need to be lighter. I have a lot to learn. I hope to learn from anyone with success.
karbearkjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 300/200/150

Height: 5'8"

PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Hi everyone! I'm Marian and I'm 60 years old. I'm married with 2 children: a son, 23 and a daughter, 20.....both still at home.
We have a toy poodle named Bitsy and 2 cats...Inky and Pepper.

I love fitness activities and currently do Zumba 3X weekly, Yoga 2X weekly and I walk 3.5 miles 3 or 4 times a week. I do hand weights sporadically and occasionally swim laps.
I also love to read.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN:

In he past year I have lost 100 pounds. I have changed literally everything I do. I don't consider this a diet. It is a way of life and I plan to do this for my remaining time here on this earth.

I came to the realization, when I had a physical and was diagnosed with high blood pressure and my sugar was getting high, that I had to make some big changes or I was heading for trouble.

I follow a low carb, low sodium and whole foods diet now. I don't eat any bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, any grains or sugar.

I NEVER eat junk foods. I don't eat anything out of a box, bag or can (except tomatoes)

I don't cheat. I don't take bites of my family's deserts. I eat this way always and I have become happy eating this way.

I DO eat, eggs, cheese, low fat meats, poultry and fish, nuts and seeds, chickpeas and beans and limited amount of fruit......and of course, tons of fresh vegetables.

SPECIAL HOPES/ASPIRATIONS/ACHIEVEMENTS/CHALLENGES:

My hope and reason for coming here is that I seem to be at a standstill and I have 50 more pounds to lose.

I am looking for something or someone to inspire me or to show me a new way to kickstart more weight loss so that I can reach my goal of a healthy, normal weight for my height.

Thanks for being here. I look forward to interacting with you all and learning from you!
tallgal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 192/192/155

Height: 5'5"

Cool Hello all

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I'll be 59 soon, so this is the last year that I can join My weight today is 192 and last week it was 196, the highest it has ever been. At this time last year I was 175. My goal is 155-160.

In the past 18 months I've separated from my husband of 11 years, changed residences, and gone through several job-related changes at work. I haven't been a healthy eater now that I'm on my own, and I've been using happy hours and nights out with good friends to cope with stress.

My health is good overall, and I work out with a personal trainer (weight training) twice a week, and usually walk 10,000 steps daily, and sometimes get a 2 mile run once or twice a week. But the lack of good eating habits has taken its toll and the pounds keep creeping up.

I'm happy to have found this resource. Looking forward to using it, learning more about it, and of course losing weight

Joy
aurora5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:08 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

I'd like to join you!

I turned 50 this year, and boy do I feel it. I weigh more than I ever have, I'm on blood pressure medication and a cholesterol pill, and I have arthritis in my knees. My mom has type 2 diabetes and Rheumatoid arthritis, and I DON'T WANT THOSE! I am committed to taking off weight this time, not necessarily for looks, but because my health is at stake. My plan is to do a modified 21 day fix (there's no way I'm ready for the exercise yet - I plan to just walk more). I also really need to quit my soda habit. I look forward to working with all of you!
Brandnewday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5'7"

Default New Member

Hello. I'm a 61 year old grandmother about to retire Jan. 1, 2016! Planning to stop yo-yo dieting and start making yo-yos to make a quilt. hahaha I've been married to my love for 42 years and we'll both be ready to travel in a couple of years. I have about 100 lbs to lose for health reasons. I have 10 grandchildren I want to see grown up and we have a trip planned to Ireland in a couple of years. I love to work out but had knee surgery a few months ago and have back slid. Ready to get going and needing some support, help, guidance to stay on point. I'm happy to have been pointed in this direction.
Granny060774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5'7"

Tallgirl60, Looks like I've found an inspiration. We're close in height, you were my size before losing 100 so I'll shoot for reaching your size. Your food plans look similar to what I've had success with before. I'm sort of a fruit nut but I'll work on it. Glad I read your profile.

Last edited by Granny060774; 10-11-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Granny060774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #206  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 232/212/147

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I am 54 and work in education. recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. time to get serious about this. will be coming back again and will post more. Looking forward to supporting others and getting some support. always nice to make new friends.
have lost 20 lb as of today. 65 to go. been on this about 5-6 weeks.
oregonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 120kg/96.6/80

Height: 158 cm

Smile

This is my first post so hope I am doing it right. I live in Australia and am 59, been married for 36 years and we have two grownup daughters and 3 grandchildren.

I need to lose 14kg - well I need to lose more than that but that is my first goal and I am going to concentrate on that then reassess after.

I am going to loosely follow the WW program, but can't afford to go to their classes so will just wing it

I will also move more - this will involve mostly walking.

Looking to the forums to help me stay on track
Sally906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #208  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi.
I'm in the UK, 60 years old, 5'2" and weigh just under 170lbs.
In 2002, I weighed 242lbs, and by mid 2004, I was down to 136.

In 2013 I was treated for Lymphoma with chemo and radiotherapy. Although that has been successful, it (unexpectedly, completely unexpectedly) impacted very heavily on my mental health, and I developed Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia. I was given early retirement at the end of February 2014 on those grounds, from my job as a Church of England Minister of Religion.

I moved house, love my new little bungalow, and resolved to start losing weight on June 1st 2015. And I did - however, a week later the Anxiety, Depression & Insomnia, which had virtually disappeared, came back as unexpectedly as the first time; while I was struggling with that, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.

Boy! It's been a rough summer! However, I persisted with the weightloss and exercised by walking as much as possible.
On June 1st, I weighed 238lbs, having regained a massive 102lbs from 2004.
On December 25th, I weighed 169.8lbs.
I have gained a little over Christmas. I enjoyed every mouthful - and it was also a big, big deal to me to discover that I could eat "normal" food without something dreadful happening to my mood or my sleep. It's helping the anxiety. Actually the Anxiety, Depression & Insomnia have retreated defeated again. So has the Diabetes, by the way. Not sure if we measure the same way in the UK as the US but my blood glucose was 61 in June, 33 in September, 30 in December: 47 is the cut off for Diabetes. Cholesterol down from 6.8 to 3.5 - though it might be the statin that's done that.

I am aiming for 138lbs in the first instance.
In the second instance, I'd like to try maintaining that for a couple of months. Maintenance is my greatest failing!
In the third instance, I'd like to get to around 120lbs, at least to see how I look. I don't think I want to be skinny.

I am single, no children. It's been quite a challenge finding things to do in a new place, new friendly people to meet. Getting there.
Long-term single, I was amazed to meet and click with a guy a couple of years younger than me, back in 2012. We didn't last long as a romantic couple but we are still very close - spent Christmas together - just we pursue other interests separately. His interests are mostly a lot more alternative than mine! It's fun. Also, the thinner/lighter I get, the more confident I get, and that works in our relationship too.

I had lots of great support from 3fc fora the first time (and the 2nd and the 3rd time), so looking forward to more support this, hopefully the last, time; and being able to give support back, hopefully.

Also, I talk a lot, rather, I type a lot. Sorry. It stops me from nibbling

ps I'm doing extremely low carb to shift the little Christmas weight I gained. Once that's beaten back into shape, I'll revert to what I've been doing since June - 1,300 calories; lowISH carbs; 10,000 steps a day ~ LOVE my Fitbit (Surge)

Last edited by Rosinante; 12-30-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well, this is by no means my first post, lol, but it has been a LONG time since I've posted on this or any other thread, so here goes. I am 66 years old, still working full-time, tho hoping, HOPING to be able to retire within a year. If I look at the retirement income vs. working income, it never makes sense, but . . . I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have been up and down the scale my entire life, and am currently around 182. Obviously need to lose weight, but my focus this next year is to rid my diet of all those nasty foods that taste so darn good, but which (or so I've read) wreak havoc with my arthritic joints. My shoulders, my knuckles, my knees -- you name it and it hurts! I haven't started the process of joint replacement yet -- even tho I need it -- but want to give diet and lifestyle a few more months to see if there is any improvement. I plan to eat lots of protein and veggies, no sugar substitutes for my coffee, eat no later than 7:00 -- in other words, back to the basics! Good luck to you all -- hope we all have a successful, healthier 2016!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 203/196/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Hi Everyone, My name is Dori. I am 59 and a soon to be retired engineer. I have been married for 32 years and have three sons, two on their own and one in college, and three grandchildren. I have a great 5 year old hound/pointer mix dog. I have a lot of varied interest: travel, camping, gardening, cooking, reading, bike riding, and watching movies.

I have been on prednisone (a drug that causes weight gain) for about 18 years for lupus. I weigh 196 after losing about 5 lbs with the Jenny Craig plan. I am 5'2" and can't even fit in my stretchiest clothes. I am weaning myself off of prednisone. I want to stay motivated to lose about 60 pounds.

My motivations are primarily health related. It's hard for me to move around and my joints ache. I have a lot of other lupus related problems that I can't do anything about so I want to tackle what should be possible-weight loss. Other motivations are about being able to fit into my clothes that fit me in the 175-185 lb range.

I want to be the person I want to be after I retire and don't have all the stress from the job. I am looking forward to going to the gym, swimming and walking after I retire.
doribe is offline   Reply With Quote