Old 11-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #181  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Nilouve ~ this thread probably seems quiet because it is more of a place for people to tell a little about themselves. The threads where support is given are down below the area where the sticky things are. Choose one of those and join in and you will get more support and responses to your posts.

Hope that helps.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 204/181/150

Height: 5'4"

Default 65+

Retired, loving life. Living in a large Fl. retirement community with lots of opportunites for exercise, social clubs, sports. My favorite activity is synchronize swimming. Our team consists of 15 ladies, ages 52-75 & practice twice a week for 2 hours. We perform twice a year. Never thought at this age that I would participate in this sport plus golf as well. Our social life is huge here as some weeks we eat our every night with friends. I have learned too be in control of my eating which is tough when life evolves around food and happy hour. Not for me though, hot tea & water and good choices. Lost 25 lbs since September and another 25 too go. I am on a mission and staying focus. Have had my share of knee replacements and no more for me. Hips were the next thing to go as I was weighing 206, 5'4", now 180.
Thrilled with my accomplishment, and enjoying the next 30 years.
ellenbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #183  

Height: 5' 2"

Also retired with newly retired husband. DD#2 daughter shares our home, and tasks with us.
I Love to garden, all aspects from planning to digging, to deadheading, to admiring, etc. Mom was gardener and Dad came from farming family. DH also enjoys being outside and yard work is fine with him, too.
We love to fish, be in the woods, mountains, or around streams. Used to square dance and weight was no problem. Now, with bum joints that fuss at me, I'm doing way too much sitting, TV watching and computer stuff. Weight is back up near highest ever and feeling frustrated.

Belong to a gym and go twice a week, love to work out and see progress.

Fun coming to this site to converse with others who work toward a healthier life and scale going down.

Still trying to remove some pounds but am at the same weight I was when I joined and it is now the 4th month. I see that I need to stop maintaining a high weight and begin doing what I know works to make me healthier even tho we are housebound in winter for too many days!!!

Last edited by love2garden; 02-17-2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: New thoughts
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! I am 57 years old and I have a goal of losing 137 pounds. I know that it can be done - but I truly believe this is the first time I have truly been committed to losing the weight. I work while DH is retired. Our only son is a freshmen in college. It is time to concentrate on me for a change. Looking forward to getting to know you all and give and receive help and support.
Indyanna57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 303 / 303 / 190

Height: 5' 3"

Default 64 year old needing to get serious

I'm 5'3" and 303 lbs., in-active diabetic with other health problems. The last 3-4 years I've playing with improving my eating and activity level but even though I'm retired and have the time can't seem to keep things going for more than couple of days before falling off the wagon.

Beyond that, I live with 4 dogs (1 Belgian Malinois and 3 Swedish Vallhunds) that I show in conformation and obedience. They also help keep me warm on the cooler nights here in Florida.

That's about it, not much excitement in my life. I'm hoping to get some accountability with my food and exercise and for at least a little improvement before my Dr. appt. next month.

Chris
tasha5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:53 AM   #186  

Hi,
I am 59 years old and quickly approaching 60. I will be officially retired in april, but have basically only been working part time for 3 years. I am 5'2" and 204lbs. I am border line everything so I need to make changes to be around for my 3 beautiful grandbabies.

I live MD, but travel often to NJ, Oh, and NY to visit family. When I am at home, I can keep on track, make healthy choices and exercise. When I am traveling all my resolve fades.

I am looking for suggestions, support and some motivation to keep me going.

Cynthy
beached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 167/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Default How To Post Bio

I only see a "Reply To Post." Is this where I would post my bio?
Thanks,
Candee
Candee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #188  
Want to feel better

Candee ~ there is a little box right below the replies ~ on the left ~ that says: post reply. That will open a window where you can type your bio info, then scroll down a bit and click on the thing that says submit reply ~ it will add our bio to the thread.

Hope that helps
Old 01-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #189  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

PERSONAL INFORMATION:Hello ladies! I'm just now getting to this thread as there are soooo many to read and keep track of! My name is Cindy but frawniemae was my mama's nickname for me up to the day she died at age 83 in 2006. I'm 55 (not sure at all how that happened), live in the same town I grew up in, married to the world's most patient man since 1985, mom of 2 grown kids (son 24, daughter 26) and meemaw to one beautiful grand daughter who'll be 3 in May. I'm retired from the local school district where I worked for 13 years in jobs ranging from subbing in the cafeteria and classroom to being a coordinator for an afterschool program that was funded by a federal grant. When that grant ran out, so did my job. But I was okay with that since I knew DD would be going back to work and I'd be helping take care of GD. Weight issues all my life but when the scale went over 300lbs my cardiologist suggested I look into the IP program. I'll have my first clinic visit Wednesday of this week. I wanted to know what I was getting into so when I googled IP, this forum showed up. So glad it did! I feel as if I am going in armed to the teeth with info and determination and ready to tackle this weight loss for real this time. Hubbie, who's semi retired, is very supportive and willing to change his eating habits, too so foods we normally have eaten will not be available anymore. We love to travel and have a 2 week trip to UT/AZ/CO planned for April. I hope to be 25 lbs lighter by then. I scrapbook, read a lot, am a huge Walking Dead (love Daryl!!) fan (no pun intended but there it is) and I love Survivor, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, ABC on Thursday night, Game of Thrones; obviously way too much tv watching goes on in my house.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I'm about 5'6" and have lost about 2 inches in height since my teens. Mama had osteoporosis along with many other health issues so I am careful with my calcium intake. I do not smoke nor drink alcohol now although both were very much a part of my life for many years (smoked for 14 years, quitting cold turkey when in my first trimester with DD, alcohol consumption from time I was 13 until about 35). I know how to eat healthy but I am a Carboholic. Pasta is my weakness. I can do without sweets but the pasta loss will be very hard to deal with. I know the IP diet will work for me. I have done low carb high protein on my own before and lost about 30 pounds. But I had no support, was doing it on my own and just plain got tired of trying to keep up with it all. I have bad knees but getting weight off will all but fix that. I love to walk but have trouble being motivated. I have a treadmill and recumbent bike that are collecting dust. I've done Curves but didn't like the new owner so quit going. I am always able to find an excuse not to exercise but I will start walking again. I have a goal weight of 175 pounds by April '16 in mind but just getting into Onderland will be awesome! One day at a time, one bite at a time, beating one craving at a time is my new motto.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES:
I want to be able to take my granddaughter to Disney and ride in the front car on the fastest, wildest, craziest roller coaster there! But first I want to just be able to get down in the floor and play with her without having to struggle to get back up. I want to be able to hike to the South Rim at Big Bend National Park. I want to be able to wear Levi button up jeans again!! I want to feel comfortable in public. I know there's a thinner me underneath all this fat and I want her to see daylight again.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:03 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

Default about me

I'm robyn,married,no kids,work in a high school cafeteria.Been overweight and stuggling with yo-yo dieting since in my late 20'sMY weight has vary between 150lbs-230lbs..I'm trying to eat healthier and get some daily form of exercise.I like walking& stationary bike best.I 'm trying to drink only water to make me feel full faster.I'm trying to stay away from sweets&junk foods which send me on HARD CORE binges.I'm working on not binging.I like watching tv;old tv shows,cop shows,mysteries,dancing w the stars,biggest .Alo likes;reading mysteries,diet books,chick lit,pigs,purple,foodwhich is why I have a weight problem.
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:12 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

I love ESTER WILLIAMS and her movies.I can watch water ballet all day
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi there - My name is Tracy and I am 55 years old and need to lose about 30 pounds. I've been a lifetime dieter and need some support/friends who are in my age group and facing similar issues. I lost weight with Jenny Craig back in 20111, but it was very expensive and once those blue boxes went away, so did my weight loss. I look forward to making friends, finding recipes and staying accountable with like-minded women.
polegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

Default This time it's going to be different!

I'm so happy to find a group of women in my own age group with which to share my weighty woes. Gone are the days when I would diet for a week or two to get back down to 110lbs and wear my skinny jeans. Now, my dream is to go from obese to overweight on that blasted BMI chart.

I quit smoking 20 years ago and ballooned up to 200lbs in less than a year. Since then I've lost and regained the same fifty pounds over and over. This time I'm going to try to keep my strategy simple enough to last a lifetime.

NO SWEETS

Yes, that's the whole program. You'll notice I didn't say "no sugar," because I'm not going to worry about the natural sugar in fruit or milk, I'm just going to eliminate the big ticket items like, candy, cookies, cake, donuts, desserts, pudding, pie, pastries. Forget them. They have no value, are not part of any healthy plan and they all set off my binge alarm like a fire engine.

Who am I? Just an average 68 year-old woman. One son, one husband, no grandchildren. I've been retired from working in a bank for several years and I love staying at home. Cleaning ( a little obsessive about that) cooking, laundry, and taking care of the pets take up part of the day, but I admit I spend hours on the internet.

Reading and my book club are my favorite pastimes. I also love doing jigsaw puzzles while listening to NPR and then, yes, I have lots of favorite TV shows. Turner Classic Movies gets a lot of my time. I seem to be nostalgic for a world I never experienced -- my parents' world of the 1930s and 40's. Bette Davis, Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford keep me mesmerized.

So of course I'm fat. Nothing goes with old movies and the internet like a big bowl of ice cream. But I know I can still enjoy those things without synchronized munching and the party has to end before real health problems get the best of me.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #194  
Want to feel better

Welcome Fluffy ~ you're welcome to join us on the Golden Girls thread ~ below the sticky area. We're not as big a group as we used to be, but there are still a few of us who post pretty regularly. Here is the link to find us if you want to.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...den-girls.html

Look forward to getting to know you
Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #195  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to stop in and say "hello". I am 57 and newly retired due to my mom's passing in 2013 and leaving me able to do so. I have been up and down with my weight, but in the past 20 years it has been more an up than down. I am heading back to the South Beach plan, which I had lost 40+ lbs in 2007. I gained that back plus more of course. I really need to lose it again because now that I am older the old joints can't take it anymore. My left knee sounds like velcro when I go down the stairs! I, also, have an autoimmune disease that limits my ability to do anything the least bit strenuous. I sprained my danged ankle making my bed! I don't have any kids, but I have my furry babies, 2 spoiled cats and 1 miniature schnauzer who will not be called a dog. lol Have been married for 20 years (2nd go round). We enjoy shopping (yes, he LIKES to shop), and going to our permanent trailer at a campground on the weekends. I am hoping with losing weight, we will be able to do more things together.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote