Old 07-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #166  

I'm new and just read your post.
It's been a month. How are you doing?
I hope great!
I swing up and down and am trying to stop that cycle.
Seems I do great all day and evenings just mess me up.
Eating out with friends - drinks - etc.
We just need to make our health a high priority!

I guess these don't line up with who I'm responding to. I'd better figure that out before posting more. LOL

Last edited by Krupski; 07-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Krupski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #167  

Default Looking for a health buddy

Hi...I'm Beth and have been looking for a pen-pal or someone to motivate me into turning around the effects of these last few years when I've torn a meniscus, turned 55 and am feeling like a slug. I know others out there have felt like this at some point. I do ride a stationary bike and have over 1400 miles in the last year but nothing has changed. I'm spiritual in my beliefs. If you might be interested in talking, I would appreciate hearing from you.
Bethm559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #168  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Beth ~ this site is a nice place. All kinds of different areas of people supporting each other on this journey to better health. Explore around and find an area that would meet your needs.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #169  

Thank you Gaye....today was extra hard emotionally as I woke up with lower back pain. I'm usually a very up person however, pain can suck the joy out of a day. Are those on here on any specific eating plan or their own and just come together for support?
Bethm559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #170  
Want to feel better

Hello again Beth. The area where I hang out the most is on the Golden Girls thread. Everyone kind of does what ever eating plan works for them and are supportive of each other. It is a group of women age 50 and above. There are other areas where the people who gather are all doing the same kind of way of eating.

I'm not very good at explaining, but if you go to the top and click on the thing that says ~ 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community ~ it will bring up a whole list of the different areas ~ scroll down and see what all there is. Read around in here and see what areas you might like.

Last edited by glynne; 09-07-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 145/145/124

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Hello everyone, I certainly qualify to be here at 60 soon to be 61. Married living in CT. Im a yoyo dieter losing and gaining the same 20-35 lbs. for the past 30 yrs. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting around these forums and then finding my way back in.
My goal is to lose at least 20 lbs in 3 months. I'm trying IP on my own and see how it goes? Haven't actually started yet just gaining all the info etc. Any info you can share is appreciated. Best - Maurita
mmmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #172  

Default Hoping 60 will be better than 50

Good morning,
I am 59 and trying to get ahold of things before I turn 60. I have been fighting a slowing metabolism since my 30's and menopause has not helped. I will be happy for the support of this group.
beached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Hello everyone. I am 56 but will be turning 57 in December. I am 5' 11 1/2" tall. I have been using a walker to walk with since a total hip replacement left me with a leg that is not fully functional.

My husband and I are the proud owners of a chihuahua named 'Peanut'. My exercise regimen includes walking Peanut when my health allows it. I do try to do other exercises to keep my core strong but lately I have been on a downhill slide. I find that I have a difficult time maintaining my enthusiasm for exercise the last while.

I like reading, watching movies, and listening to music. I have been changing the genre of books that I read from crime and true crime to humourous stories. I like funny movies or movies that have a believable plot line and are not gory or grosse. Jazz or classical music is what I enjoy listening to.

Due to my mobility issues I do not work outside the home. This may be one of the reasons I have difficulty staying focused on an exercise program--I become bored quickly with the day to day routine of being at home all day.

So this basically sums up who I am. I joined this website so that I would not feel like I was alone in my weight loss issue.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #174  
Want to feel better

Meandu ~ you definitely are not alone. Welcome. Join in one of the threads and enjoy.

Last edited by glynne; 10-19-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Hello all. I will soon be 54 and at around 185 I have never been this heavy. I am 5'1" so need to lose at least 60lbs. I have lost weight many, many times over the years with many different plans but I always gain it back and then some.

I am hoping to find support from people who know what I am going through and make my next weight loss journey the one that finally "sticks"
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #176  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

Default New here

Let's get started. I am turning 50 in a couple of weeks and I do not want to enter the 50's in the 190's.
So, here I am to start my weight-loss journey.

I am active, like to work out, a mother to 2 teenagers and I am going back to work soon. Lots of reasons to stay with the program. Right now, I am trying to exercise and stick to a calorie reduced diet. I find that age makes loosing weight so much more difficult.
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 189/189/115

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Unhappy Hello to all

Hello, all,
I have a tendency to ramble so I'll use your handy dandy set up:

PERSONAL INFORMATION: I'm an pr/editor/writer type working at a small college in Wisconsin. I'll be 60 in July and have a long and storied weight gain/loss history. I work at a desk all day and under a lot of pressure there with deadlines and such. After work I am overbusy involved in various volunteer and activist activities...always on the go but nothing physically active. I am not home a lot and end up eating out more than I should. I'm a stress eater and THAT really shows! When I do relax I find I watch tv, do stuff on the computer, knit...nothing that gets me up and moving. Never been into sports or anything like that although I do like aerobics and walking...afraid that's about it.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: UGH...here's the stats. I'm about 207 and only 5 feet, 3.5 inches. Got a BMI of 36.5! I want to lose about 90 lbs but would settle for 80. As a teen and young adult I was 100-107 lbs and I know I'll never be that but I would really like to get back to something around 115-125. At age 40, I did get down to 130 and could have lost a little more. I've done some dangerous diets in my 30s like Cambridge and some good ones like several times with Weight Watchers BUT what has worked best is just plain cutting the calories down and upping the activity.

Right now I'm trying to eat under 1500 a day, shooting for 1,000-1,200 but giving myself some leeway. I know I have to start small so my immediate goal is to lose first 50 by my birthday in July and to bring my A1C down from 6.1. I don't know to what but take it in the under 6 direction. I also want to create a habit of working out 3-4x/week.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES: All the weight I lost when I was 40 has come back and then some. I'm heavier and more out-of-shape than I've ever been. This new weight and inactivity has pushed me into early stage diabetes, back problems, the works. I keep trying to remember what it was that made me lose that weight at 40 not sure why I can't do it again and keep it off. Can't seem to stick with a diet or an exercise plan no matter what I try...need support and encouragement mostly.
getinwitdaprogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 189/189/115

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Default Sounds like a lot of us at a crossroads of early 60s

Hi, again,
Reading through all the bios I see I am certainly not alone in my age bracket. Lots of us younger boomers here...those in our late 50s and early 60s. Seems like the 60 mark is a wake-up call.

I know I'm odd but I've always wanted to live a loooong time...so long that reporters come to my door to interview me because I hit 100+.

However, I know, too, that I may not make that but if my health holds up, like most women, I can probably look for at least 20 more years. Well, I don't want to spend the next decade or two grousing about my weight, feeling ashamed and missing things because I'm overweight...and I know losing the weight will give me a much better shot of getting that interview than if I continue on the path I'm on now.

So, here's to a revolution in our 6th decades...let's be the best Golden Gals we can be.
getinwitdaprogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #179  
Want to feel better

Welcome ladies ~ read around in here and find a place that you feel you might enjoy and jump in. We look forward to getting to know you
Old 11-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

This thread has been kind of quiet lately, nice to see some activy! Let's keep each other motivated.
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote