3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Age 50+ Bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/117547-age-50-bios.html)

meandu 01-14-2013 04:23 PM

Just wanted to take a moment and welcome all the newcomers here.

vitaloca 01-17-2013 01:37 PM

Saying hello

Hi..My name is Joanne and I just turned 59 a few weeks ago. I've always had a problem with my weight and I just decided I was going to go for it and lose all the weight by the time I'm 60. I've already started and lost 6 1/2 pounds..I'm hoping to make new friends on this board and we can all reach our goals..

A little bit about myself..We recently moved from Missouri to Pennsylvania..We lived in a few other states because of my husband's company..but he took his last job here in Pennsylvania so we will stay in this house..I'm so happy not to have to move again..I stay at home and care for my mother who lives with us now..along with an adult son with Autism. Dieting is a challenge with all that I have going on but I'm determined to do this for me..:carrot:

I have three sons..You already know about the one above..I have two others..One is 37 and lives nearby...He is single..The other one was just married last June to a wonderful girl..My husband and I have been married for 38 years and are really enjoying this new home and area..We thought we would retire to NJ but wound up here and love it..

I'm glad I found this site and hope to get to know you all..

workinglikeadog 01-17-2013 02:25 PM

WELCOME TO THE SITE - Joanne

Sounds like you are a big caretaker, glad you are going to start putting more time into taking care of YOU. Check out Golden Girls thread, 1000 miles in 2013 thread and 2013 Challenge thread - that's where you will find me! :hug:

weight2lose 01-17-2013 03:23 PM

Hi,

My name is Robert and I'm a recent member here. I turned 52 in October and I'm trying to lose 35 to 40lbs. I lost 63 lbs ten years ago (probably closer to 12 years ago) and feel it's time for me to get back in shape. Now or never!

I have 10 year old twin boys and a 13 year old boy. I'm very involved with my boys and spend lots of time coaching them in various town sports. I'm also a musician, and play guitar, bass, a little synth, and vocals ( though struggling at vocals). I enjoy writing and recording music. When not dieting, I enjoy red wine, especially Shiraz.

I updated my introduction with a photo of me when I lost 43 lbs. I'm 173 in this photo:

http://s1300.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=Image17.jpg

I look forward to making friends here while losing weight.

Robert

workinglikeadog 01-20-2013 01:32 PM

Welcome Robert, hope you are finding your way around the site.

Here's a walking challenge I'm doing, check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post4594939

weight2lose 01-20-2013 02:06 PM

Hi Diana,

That looks like a great idea. When did the challenge begin?

Rob

Karen31 01-20-2013 03:22 PM

Hey Robert! Welcome! The 1000 miles in 2013 started the first of Janury but just jump in. Everything counts!

"and biking and hiking and wheel-chairing and swimming and surfing and mountain climbing and......and....and....."

This was a quote from the 2012 challenge so just jump in. the point is to just move.

Still trying to get back to it after that flu bug kicked my butt on New Year's Eve but think if I can start slow AGAIN I can get it done. Just need to get rid of this cough!!

weight2lose 01-20-2013 03:37 PM

Thanks, Karen. So I can use the distance on the eliptical, as well as coaching a basketball game? That sounds great.

Karen31 01-20-2013 09:37 PM

Everything works!! I had my hubby set up my Wii again tonight after we have moved. Finally figured out where I wanted it and have enough room for it. Now just have to start with the routine again! Determined to do it!

weight2lose 01-21-2013 04:09 PM

I have the kinnect for xbox, I should probably incorporate that into my workout plan.

workinglikeadog 01-21-2013 09:44 PM

That sounds good too Rob. I enjoy exercise DVD's in the morning and use my Striiv (pedometer +) to reach 10,000 steps a day. This is harder in the winter which is one reason why I got it, and love it for the accountability. :carrot:

weight2lose 01-22-2013 10:06 PM

10k a day is quite impressive! What does that equate to in distance?

workinglikeadog 01-23-2013 11:46 PM

about 4.5 miles :carrot:

TheWanderer 01-29-2013 10:44 AM

Today is the start of a new life!!!

I was just recently widowed for the second time. November 10 and my Mom died November 20th. Depression has a hold on me, but I am fighting it off. I gained 40 pounds when widowed the first time and don't want to gain any more. I've carried that 40 pounds for the past 20 years.

I'm 74 years old and don't exercise near enough. I do walk every evening because my two yorkies won't let me forget. They consider an evening walk a big treat. I love carbs and I'm sure I eat too many, especially bread.

I don't have any medical issues. I get a clean bill of health every time I go to the doctor. (except they always tell me I should lose weight) I don't feel my age. I actually feel about the same as I did over 50 years ago, except my knees are worn out. If I lose that 40 lbs, I'm sure the knees will feel much better. I was told about 5 years ago that I should have knee replacements, but they don't really hurt that much most of the time.

My sister, who was widowed a year ago has moved in with me and we've decided we need to get more healthy. She is two years younger than me, to the day. We share a birthday.

Today will be the start of a healthier lifestyle and hopefully weight loss.

glynne 01-29-2013 08:44 PM

Welcome Wanderer ~ come join one of the threads down below ~ Golden Girls is a good one. Very nice supportive people. I'm glad for you that your health is good so far and that your knees aren't too bad.