Golden Girls - Crab Recipe
Here is the crab recipe I mentioned - it is VERY DELICIOUS!
3 Sandwiches - each sandwich = 307 Calories, 19.3 fat, 27.5 Chol, 22.8 Carbs, 10.4 Protein
1/2 lb imitation crab meat
2 oz lo-fat cream cheese
some tomato slices
3 slices bacon - cooked
1/4 cup mayonnaise
some fresh chopped dill
3 small whole wheat pitas
Mix the dill & mayo in a bowl. Place crab meat & cream cheese in a skillet - warm of med heat until crab is warm and cheese is softened. Spread the dill mayo mixture on the pitas. Top each with 1/3 of the crab, 1 sl bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
NOTE: to reduce the Carbs, you can roll everything up in Romaine lettuce leaves.
Golden Girls - Eggplant Recipe
This one is VERY good & VERY easy -
Makes 2 servings - each serving = 229 Cals, 20 Fat, 6 Carbs, 7 Prot.
1 sm Italian eggplant
olive oil (2 Tbsp)
shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
grated parmesean cheese (2 Tbsp)
Slice, brush the slices with olive oil, and broil (or grill) the eggplant - I get 6 slices out of 1 small eggplant.
Mix the mozzarella and the parmesean cheese in a small bowl.
Put the broiled/grilled eggplant slices in a baking dish & put 1 or 2 slices of tomato on each slice of eggplant & put the cheese mixture on top of everything. Broil for 3-4 minutes - until cheese starts to get brown.
Here is my all-time favourite of the many recipes you may have seen around 3FC . . . it is so easy, it's almost sinful to call it a recipe . . . :lol:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
Whiz around in the blender or with a mixer until no longer lumpy. Spray pan with cooking spray and cook like any other pancake. Serve with NSA maple-flavoured syrup or stewed fruit compote.
I usually add about 1 Tbsp of Flaxseed Meal; 1 Tbsp of Natural Bran; and 1 to 2 Tbsp of water (to keep the consistency right) -- just to increase the fibre a bit.
Just :love: them -- don't imagine I'll ever eat an ordinary flour pancake again.
OOPS: Forgot the nutrition information . . . Makes one serving of two good sized pancakes for about 315 calories (not counting the syrup/topping); 5 grams of fat; 39 grams of carb (6 grams of Fibre); and 29 grams of protein.
Seems one can't get enough recipes to make salmon tasty....here is one I tried last night....company said it was delicious & licked the platter clean!
GRILLED SALMON WITH DILL SAUCE
1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
¼ cup fat-free plain yogurt
¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 green onion, chopped
1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh parsley
1 ½ teaspoons snipped fresh dill or ½ teaspoon dill weed
In a small bowl, combine the ginger, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne; rub over fillets. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over high heat for 5 – 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition: 1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce 235 cal.
(Hope this copy & paste works!!)
Fat: 4.1 g
This is a light salad that makes a great addition to an Italian dinner or perfect for lunch.
1 cup cooked, chopped asparagus
1 red ripe tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 cup fat free Italian dressing
10 jumbo black olives
2 oz mozzarella cheese, part skim milk, cut into cubes
Cook the asparagus to desired tenderness.
After asparagus is cooked take all ingredients and put together and mix.
Chill and serve
(If you like it warm it tastes good as well.)
Number of Servings: 4
TURKEY & SPINACH LASAGNA
Makes 12 (300 calorie) servings
Allow about 3 hours from start to eat!
8 whole wheat lasagna noodles (8 oz package)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper, any color
1-1/2 pounds ground hot Italian turkey sausage (I used sweet turkey sausage, and removed the casings)
6 garlic cloves, chopped
3-1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce (26 oz jar plus water to rince)
3 Cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (1-1/2 & 1-1/2)
1-1/2 cup part-skim ricotta (15 - 16 oz continer)
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (approx 3 oz)
2 cups chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained (I used one large bag of fresh spinach...microwaved 2 minutes)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup fresh oregano
** (I used 3 Tablespoons Italian seasoning)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven eo 350 degrees F
2. Bring several quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add noodles and cook until tender, 7 minutes. (Depends on type of noodle using...I used spelt noodles, required 11 minutes.) Remove from water and place on a towel-lined baking sheet.
3. Place the olive oil, onion, and bell pepper in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Sauti until the vegetables begin to sweat, 5 minutes.
4. Add sausage and garlic and stir to combine. Saute until sausage cooks through, 10 minutes. (I fried the sausage out first & drained excess fat)
5. Add pasta sauce to sausage mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups mozarella and remaining ingredients; set aside. (Don't forget to include the spinach)
7. To assemble: Spray a 13 X 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 Cup sausage mixture in the bottom of the dish and arrange 4 noodles over the turkey mixture; top with 1-1/2 cups sausage mixture. Spread half of the cheese mixture over sausage mixture. Repeat layers, ending with the remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned and the lasagna is hot and bubbly.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes. Cut the lasagna into 12 equal pieces. Serve each person one piece of lasagna and reserve the remainder for another meal!!
Sesame Asian Lamb Chops
Servings - 2
Each serving = 327 calories, 23 g fat, 28 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates
4 loin lamb chops
salt to taste (I didn't use any)
1 clove pressed or finely chopped garlic
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 Tbsp chopped scallions
1/2 Tbsp freshly grated gingerroot
1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Rub chops with garlic and sprinkle with salt.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the chops and brown on both sides until no longer pink in the inside; remove from skillet and keep warm.
Add the wine to the skillet scraping all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the scallions and gingerroot; cook and stir a bit longer.
Spoon sauce over the chops and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
I know I've mentioned the meatloaf (and meatballs) that I make with Fiber One cereal before, and Karen just asked me if she'd missed the recipe, but of course she didn't because I never got around to posting it, but here it is if you're interested. (It's very EASY; I like easy. :D )
2 lbs. 93% lean ground beef
3 cups of Fiber One cereal, swizzled to bread crumb consistency in blender
1/2 large onion diced
1 medium green pepper diced
1/2 cup ketchup
Then, I usually use those thin latex gloves and smoosh it all together with my hands until everything is mixed together thoroughly, form it into a loaf, and bake on 375 for about an hour and a half.
(Can also form it into meatballs, and when I do that, I drop the meatballs into a pasta sauce made from Healthy Choice traditional-style pasta sauce, a can of diced tomatoes well drained, and simmer over low heat for an hour and a half or so. Serve over your favorite wheat pasta.
And thas' aaaaallllllll, folks!
Milk, 80* F. --- ¾ cup plus 2 TBSP.
Egg Large --- One
Bread Flour -- 3 Cups
Sugar -- 3 TBSP. (I use Splenda)
Salt -- ½ tsp
Butter or Margarine -- 4 TBSP. ( I use ICBINB)
Active Dry Yeast 2 tsp. or Bread Machine Yeast 1 ½ tsp.
Butter or Margarine, softened -- 1/3 cup (I use ICBINB)
Sugar -- 1/3 cup (I use Splenda)
Ground Cinnamon -- 2 tsp.
Ground nutmeg -- ½ tsp.
Chopped nuts -- ½ cup
Bread Select Setting To Use:
1. Add warm milk and egg to pan
2. Add read flour, 3 TBSP sugar and salt to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Place butter into corners of pan
3. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
4. Program for dough. Start bread maker. When done, remove pan from bread maker. Place dough on floured surface. Knead dough about 1 minute, then let rest 15 minutes.
5. Roll dough into a rectangle, about 15 X 10 inches. Spread 13 cup softened butter over dough to within 1 inch of edges. Then sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped nuts evenly over dough. Roll dough up tightly on long side. Press edges to seal and form into a 12 inch long, evenly shaped roll. With a knife or 8 inch long piece of thread or dental floss, cut roll into 1 inch pieces. Place rolls into a greased 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise in warm draft free place until double in size. About 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 375*F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, then drizzle with powdered sugar icing made by combining 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 TBSP. Milk and ½ tsp vanilla. Blend until smooth. If to thick or to thin, add more powdered sugar or milk, respectively, until desired consistency is reached. Cut apart and remove from pan.
I don’t use the powdered sugar icing--- I just put one in the microwave with a bit of ICBINB on it and Yummy!!
This is a recipe that came with my bread maker and I have used it lots. If anyone knows how to tweak it more to make it even better be sure and let me know.
Bran Muffins - lo-carb
BRAN MUFFINS (for Diabetics)
Printed from COOKS.COM
Modified slightly by Lynn
3 c. ALL-BRAN1
1 c. hot water
3/4 c. Splenda
1/2 c. Wesson Oil
2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
½ tsp cinnamon
2 c. buttermilk
Combine All-Bran and hot water - let stand for 15 minutes to soak.
Add Splenda, oil and eggs. Mix well.
Sift together: flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Add dry mixture and 2 cups buttermilk to bran mixture.
Fill muffin pans 3/4 full.
Bake at 370 degrees for 11 minutes.
Makes 36 muffins.
1 Serving = 2 muffins
Each serving =138 calories
8 g. fat
17 g. carbs
4 g. fiber
4.5 g. protein
Better-Than-Ever Beef Enchiladas
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes: 4 servings
1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
2 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa, divided
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Cook meat and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Add 1 cup of the salsa; simmer 3 to 4 min. or until peppers are tender. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
SPREAD 1/4 cup of the salsa onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Brush dressing lightly over both sides of tortillas. Stack 4 of the tortillas on large sheet of waxed paper; wrap tortillas in waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or just until warm. Immediately spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture down center of each warm tortilla; roll up. Place, seam side down, in dish. Repeat with remaining 4 tortillas and remaining meat mixture. Spoon remaining 3/4 cup salsa evenly over filled tortillas; cover with foil.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with cilantro.
I add a pack of my fav taco season, there is almost no calories in it. about 20 per serving.
I skip the Italian dressing. By cooking the tortillas in the microwave… with a damp paper towel on top, they are soft and easy to roll.
I use the 2% cheddar cheese. And add extra salsa on top. My family loves them. I have made them with chicken too..mmmm
Try this made-over version of beef enchiladas that can save you 200 calories and 18 grams of fat per serving by decreasing the beef and using a leaner variety, adding peppers, and using KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese.
Corn tortillas are typically fried in oil to prevent cracking, but in this healthy version the tortillas are spread with dressing and warmed to minimize cracking.
2 Starch,2 Vegetable,2 Meat (VL),1 Fat
Nutrition (per serving)
Total fat 11g
Dietary fiber 5g
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 teaspoon molasses
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons SPLENDA®
No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
1 1/2 cups maple syrupServes: 6 Prep Time: 15 Min Cook Time: 5 MinDirections 1.Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; spray lightly with vegetable cooking spray. 2.Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Set aside. 3.Combine oil, molasses, pumpkin and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside. 4.Whisk together eggs and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated until blended. Add buttermilk mixture, whisking until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. 5.Pour batter into a hot waffle iron and bake approximately 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.
Mapel-Apple chicken Breasts
1 cup apple juice(i used sf hot cider mix and i cup water)
2 T. maple syrup(i used sf)
1/2 tsp thyme
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 granny smith apples peeled and sliced
1/4 tsp butter
1/8 tsp cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
Marinate chicken in the apple juice ,syrup, and spice for 30 mint(save marinade)
remove chicken and brown in skillet sprayed with pam till done
remove chicken and set aside
add butter to the pan and saute apples 4 min
add marinade and cinnamon salt and pepper to the apples and simmer till reduced
pour over chicken
makes 2 servings,6 ww pts per serving or 284 calories
Scallops Gratin - 2 Servings --
Each serving = 312 calories; 17g fat; 25g protein; 11g carbs
1 Tbsp Smart Balance Margarine
1 small onion thinly sliced
1/2 pound scallops cut in half - big sea scallops
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup half and half
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesean cheese
Preheat oven to 400
Melt the butter in skillet over medium heat; cook the onion while stirring until light brown. Add the scallops & cook until lightly browned on each side. Stir in the wine & cook uncovered until liquid evaporates. Add the nutmeg and cream - stir and remove from heat.
Put mixture into an oven-proof dish.
Combine the bread crumbs and cheese in a small bowl and sprinkle over the scallops.
Bake uncovered for 12 - 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
I served with Sweet potato and broccoli mixed with cauliflower.
NOTE: the nutrition info is for the scallops gratin alone - sides are extra.
Western Omlet - Slow Cooker Recipe
* 1 (2 pound) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (pre-seasoned work best) If not, add your own seasonings to taste
* 1 pound diced cooked ham (or substitute, I use TVP)
* 1 onion, diced
* 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 1 1/2 cups shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar cheese
* 12 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly grease a 4 quart or larger slow cooker. Place 1/3 of the hash brown potatoes in a layer on the bottom. Layer 1/3 of the ham, onion, green pepper, and Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers two more times. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the contents of the slow cooker.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. (or until done, depending upon your slow cooker)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2