3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~golden Girls~ July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/116584-%7Egolden-girls%7E-july.html)

ladyinweighting 07-05-2007 11:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Zoe, Hope your weather was OK for your cookout. It was pretty rainy here yesterday & is again today.

Hi Bobbi, I will send the address book (via email) as soon as I have everyone's information. See my post to Joanne about Paula's website.

Hi Joanne, I went back through April, May, and June. I found a reference that Paula made to her website, but I never found a link to it.
Do you have the info for making photos the right size to download? I have it saved - if you want it, let me know.

Hi Linda (Meowee), I can't get graphics (other than the ones on this site) into my posts either. I tried the copy and paste strategy - no luck.

Hi Phyllis, too hot for you to walk outside & too rainy for me to walk outside. I have to get back to the gym. According to the Dr., I can return next week. I am VERY happy about that.

Hi Theresa, See my note to Joanne about Paula's website - if she posted the link, I can't find it. Of course you can use that photo. I'll email you a couple of others - pick the one you like best.

Hi Margaret (Moxie), too bad we live so far apart. I spent yesterday alone also. Actually, I had a nice day - I made a new recipe, did some food shopping, took a nap, and watched some tv.

Hi Cat, you wrote, "ate ONE fried oyster off of my husband's plate...that really "set me off" last night and I was constantly standing in front of the fridge..."
Since I am eating so few carbs - no regular bread, no pasta/potatoes/rice, no sweets - I can't get over how NOT hungry I am. Before, I hardly ever felt comfortably full. I would be either hungy or stuffed.
I HAD to eat every 3 hours or I would be starving. Now, I hardly ever get hungry! I got up this morning at 7am and didn't get to have breakfast until 10:30. I can go for 5 hours or more between meals without getting hungry!
I wonder if the breading on the oyster set you off?

I was supposed to take my dd and sil out to a seafood buffet tonight. She just called and cancelled. She's sick (my Little Sister had a bad cold when we went to my sister's Dance Studio recital & my dd and I both got it & were sick through our vacations).
I'm pretty much over it, but my dd takes longer than I do to get rid of stuff. I made some "cauliflower rice" for dinner last night - just stick the cauliflower in a food processor & then steam the chopped up cauliflower & add seasonings - I liked it.
I also made a DELICIOUS imitation crab sandwich. I'll post a separate message with that recipe.

Today, I'm off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get a new food processor (mine died trying to chop up the cauliflower), go to Lens Crafters for a new pair of reading glasses (I just can't read comfortably with the pair of tri-focals I got recently), stop by to see my dd, come home and make a new lamb chop dinner.

Hope we all have a Healthy and Happy day,

Lynn

Jayjay55 07-05-2007 12:08 PM

Morning everyone another hot day here. I had trouble sleeping last night and after my sweetie was so kind and generous to me on Wed I ripped his face off for nothing today. I can't believe at this age with all the knowledge I have about myself I can't be better about communications. NEWSFLASH --- MEN CAN'T READ MINDS!! I Know its shocking but true -- at least I apologized and admitted my faults but not after being horrid to him and making him feel like a real s**t. Oh well one day I hope -- I keep trying to be better about communication but it falls off track when I get distracted by things in life.

Zoe -- I hope you enjoyed the shrimp -- its the one seafood I really enjoy. I am thinking of you as you say bye to your DS.

Phyllis -- I don't do WATP but with my bootcamp and other workouts I use 3 pounds weights -- I have been advised to NOT go higher. Any weight you add would be a benefit but as I am preached at all the time by my instructors just moving is the main thing -- anything we add is an asset. Should the weather be better in Oct for Disneyworld? We did California Disney last Oct and it was funnnnnn -- ok except when they loaded us up badly for Splash Mountain -- yep put the heavy lady (that be me) up front -- we had to go back to the hotel to change - wasted an hour waiting for shuttles etc.

Lynn -- thanks again for starting the e-mail database. I will try to find Paula's website. I tried yesterday but the computer kept freezing -- argghhh

Theresa -- I hope you had a lovely day with your hubby and enjoyed your sleepin -- but good for you to get off to Curves. I did two classes yesterday -- we had Latin Dance workout and I stayed to do the yogalaties class after. I had to leave after about 30 minutes though because I was getting famished. So it was a great 75 minute workout all together.

Moxie -- I am also avoiding the scales. Maybe today LOL. Funny thing I have never ever met my late husband's ex -- only once briefly and by accident. We were good friends with her brother and his wife -- they both came to his service and forwarded her condolences but I wouldn't know who she was if I ran over her.

Bobbi -- LOL funny thing is most people retire to the Island. Its not that small actually -- takes a couple of days to drive north to south. So nice to have a close internet friend though isn't it?

Cat - huge hugs for you missing your beautiful daughter. Put the "grazing" episode behind you and remember today is a new day. I look forward to hearing how she makes out in CA. Even in her pictures you can see she exudes confidence and a fabulous sense of humour.

This is my last day at work this week (love summer I only work 4 days a week). Sunday I have a baby shower for my sweetie's sister -- her first baby. I finished off my baby afghan for her last week and can hardly wait to give it to her. Its one crochet project I love to finish and give away - I tend to make afghans just to keep me from eating so I have tons that are just sitting in a trunk -- but I just can't give them away LOL.

ellabella 07-05-2007 01:28 PM

From Jo-annie: “I still feel he only has one father and if he doesn't reconnect in some small way there could be regrets in the future.” Hey, Jo-annie, connecting in some SMALL way ;)wouldn’t bother me a bit…. It’s this spending four days traveling with the no-good sunumagun, and couldn’t even wait to do THAT…hadda have ‘im at the same cookout as me that I’m not so thrilled about :mad:. And yes, Phyllis, stressful is a good word. A workable word. An APPLICABLE word, yes. Absolutely. And Moxie? Thanks to you, too, for permission to rant. :D I NEED to rant here….where else can I rant without having people find out that I’m not ALWAYS the kind and forgiving mother-earth type who is so at peace with herself that NOBODY can rattle her cage??? (Well, actually, I think they KNOW that, but we have this shared but unspoken (and not always kept) agreement to never discuss mother’s imperfections :o.
Theresa, you are a sweet, sweet woman. Thank you for saying that maybe I did something right, you know? (Mostly I’m irritated with DD because she seems to be irritated with me. But I’m rapidly reaching that “I just don’t care” point. Omigawd, Cat. YES. I miss that boy so danged much! We sat up, DH & I, with him until 11:30 last night just talking and laughing… he’s just so much fun to be with! We get him for ONE more evening – they’ll be back from Philadelphia on Sunday late afternoon, and then he flies back out to LA Monday at noontime. I’m at work today, yawning my eyes out :yawn:, and feeling teary :stress: when I think about DS heading back to Cali. I know EXACTLY how you feel about DD going. And incidentally, she really is a knock-out, isn’t she? Absolutely gorgeous. So’s my son. Actually, so are ALL my kids. I MUST get some pictures up. I really must. Which reminds me, we didn’t take a one this whole past week. I have to take some Sunday when he gets back.
And YOUR son is moving too, Phyllis! Why do they all have to MOVE, for pity sake :?:????
Yesterday’s cookout was fine & dandy, Lynn. Thanks for asking. I ate way too much :ink:, but I’m back on the wagon today, of course. DD still a little cool, but hey, that’s life! Ohmmmmmmm!!!!! Calm & Peaceful, that’s me.
Hiya Bobbi. Nice to see you. Yeah, the bald & fat thing was kewl. I wish it applied to MY ex….now THAT would make me quite joyful! Hiya Karen! Keep up the good work, you :D!
I should’ve taken today & tomorrow off, too. Coming in to work was a big mistake. I don’t feel like being here. But then, I NEVER feel like being here, so that’s no big deal. One real plus is that a LOT of people apparently DID take the rest of this week off, because driving in was a breeze! 40 minutes instead of the more typical hour and a half. Tomorrow should be an easy commute, too, and then two more days off. Not so shabby, eh?

Have a loverly day, all my GOLDEN GIRLIES, and if I missed anyone I am heartily sorry.

TTFN

Z :dizzy:

littlered 07-05-2007 03:00 PM

All right, another quickie ;)
this is for those that had an EX.
I thought and thought, do I dare put this on. Read it to my hubby and HE even laughed.
http://www.barricksinsurance.com/smileys/seesaw.gif

A WOMANS POEM

He didn't like the casserole
And he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard...
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.

Then I turned around and smacked the s**t out of him...
Like his mother used to do.

back later
hugs.

littlered 07-05-2007 03:05 PM

just a quick question, those of you that have tried your smilies...

if you go to advanced post...
under the post is 3 mis. options

make sure too uncheck the 3rd option. if thats not the issue I am stumped.

later ladies

http://www.barricksinsurance.com/smi...unglasses2.gif

Bobbolink 07-05-2007 03:13 PM

Thresa. you are too funny. I don't have a ex, been married since 1965. I love Brucie-Boy and wouldn't know what to do with-out him. We decide not to leave our acreage, will stay put. I was so dissappointed that all the new houses don't have kitchen cupboards. Geeeeeeeee, don't people cook anymore?

meowee 07-05-2007 04:17 PM

H there Gang . . . :grouphug: . . . Wow this is going to be a hard group to keep up with, it is so busy . . . don't get me wrong I love busy . . . but today has not been a good one for finding computer time and I'm way behind on all the things I need to be checking around here.

Would you believe . . . a bunch of relatives from Ontario just "popped" in unannounced this afternoon. Love to see them but wow, a little warning would have been nice. This is what happens when you live in a touristy-type of harbour town. At least nobody is staying with me tonight. So they are gone for the evening (I begged off dinner by promising to share lunch tomorrow).

I too have an Ex who has gone bald . . . but then, hey, I wasn't fat when I was married to him either so guess we are even. He was my second husband and father of my second son. He and I get along okay but his second wife and I . . . now that's a different story. ;) My first husband (and father of first son) was killed in a car accident when our son (now 44) was only a few months old. Now don't bother getting all weepy for me. In all honesty it is so long ago and we were married less than two years and I really don't have any remaining painful memories. I do often wonder if that one might have lasted. :shrug:

No kitchen cupboards? OMG, Bobbi. You know one of the reasons North Americans have become so overweight is because we all eat out too often. Afraid I love to cook and so I also love big kitchens.

Oh well, I'd better get going again . . . Must check out a few more places at 3FC and then get the feline menagerie (and myself) some dinner) . . . Hope I'll get more time around here tomorrow . . . See you all soon. :carrot:

ladyinweighting 07-05-2007 05:21 PM

A Test

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/crown-queen.gif

A test.

OK - I clicked on "insert image" icon, then, I put the url for the image in the address bar.

ladyinweighting 07-05-2007 05:40 PM

2 things -

1) I just noticed we have been "rated" with 5 stars. How did that happen?

2) I need names (including last name), addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers for:
Lily, Lyn, the 2 Lindas (LindaD & Meowee), Paula if we can find her, and Carla if you want to join us.

As soon as I have these, I'll send everyone the completed address directory.

Lynn

Karen31 07-05-2007 08:58 PM

Hello Girls!!! I just got this in an email and decided it was just to good not to share with y'all!! Hope everyone had a good 4th. We enjoyed a BBQ at my son's and I ate way to much! But today was right back on track!

I'll write more later or tomorrow-- we are having more lightening here tonight!! Take care, Karen

When I was married 25 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said,"
Honey, 25 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old blonde." "Now we have a nice house, nice car, king size bed and 48-inch plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50-year-old woman.
It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 25-year-old blonde, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10-inch black and white TV."

Aren't older women great? They really know how to solve your mid-life c rises.

grammpaula 07-05-2007 09:05 PM

Sorry to be mia!! My dad's still in the hospital and I'm still working to get him in a rest home so he can do is therapy closer to me. We are now waiting for a bed to open up.

I still have to use my grandson's computer. I got mine back, but it wasn't right. I'm going to have to have a new hard drive put in.

I haven't been reading the forum at all so I'm not up on what's been going on. I'll try and catch up someday.

My garden is growing nicely. My broccoli is almost ready to pick. It's almost as big as what you get in the stores. The cauliflower is getting big too. I had some cabbage moths out there and I've been picking off the cabbage worms. I read on line that if you put eggs shells in the garden the moths won't bother your plants. It seems to be working. My cucumbers are ready to pick. Since I planted bush plants they don't get big. My tomatoes are getting big. I can't wait to have ripe tomatoes to put in a salad or on a sandwich. YUM!!! I have peppers that are ready to pick. My hubby loves them with spaghetti. The beans are just coming on, but it doesn't take them long to be big enough to pick.

I just wanted everyone to know that I'm OK. Bobbi wrote today to ask about how I was doing. Thank you Bobbi for worrying about me. It's easier to get on here when you have your homepage the forums. I can't wait to get my own computer back.

ladyinweighting 07-06-2007 08:09 AM

Friday - July 6th

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Joanne, I can't wait to get back to my gym. I REALLY miss it. You sound like you are enjoying yours. 75 minutes WOW!

Hi Zoe, I know you told us you write proposals at work. Can you do from home or must you go into the office?

Hi Theresa, I giggled at your poem - really cute!

Hi Bobbi, Does this mean you are coming back to us? I hope so. What do you mean no kitchen cabinets? Just a few little ones or actually NO cabinets?

Hi Linda (Meowee), good luck with your unanticipated guests. Glad they decided on their own lodging.

Hi Karen, I love your joke - made me laugh. Here's one for you -
I had an accident on my way to work today
What a nightmare! I had a crash on the way to work today.
I rear-ended someone at the traffic light.
So the guy gets out of his car and he's a dwarf.
He says, "I'm not happy."
I said, "Then, which one are you?"
Hi Paula, we are SO GLAD to see you. I was just about to send out the National Guard! I'm looking forward to NJ tomato season. I plan to get mine each week when I go to south Jersey for scrapping.

Today is my scrapping day. I'm taking a break from my great-niece's scrapbook & am making some birthday cards. They're kind of fun to make - you can finish a couple in one sitting.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn

grammpaula 07-06-2007 08:35 AM

It's good to be back.

I was doing some research last night on swallowing therapy. I think this is the most important thing for my dad right now. I could survive if he couldn't walk again, but I know he wouldn't if he could never eat a good juicy steak again. I found a website that talks about a machine that they use to send shock waves to the swallowing muscles. It sounds like something that would help him. I then did a search for places around here that use this machine. I laid awake all night thinking about it. I think I'm going to visit the nearest place today and see if they think my dad would be a good candidate for it and if they have room for him. The rest home I want him to go to here doesn't have it and we are still waiting for a bed too.

femmecreole 07-06-2007 09:30 AM

Paula, I know it is so hard dealing with having to care for our parents. When my Daddy was sick for so many years it was so stressful because we only wanted the best for him. Your father is so blessed to have a caring daughter like you. It's very hard to see our parents not be the "same" parents we picture in our minds...the ones we grew up with. Now that my Dad is gone, I don't picture him as he was when he was old..just as he was when I was a little girl.
It is an icky rainy day here. We had planned to go to New Orleans today to a restaurant supply company. I wanted to get some of those big white pasta bowls and look for a brazier that will go from stovetop to oven. But, I got an email from a client who is going to be in N.O. for a few days and we might take he and his wife out in the French Quarter for a tour and drinks tomorrow so might not want to make the trip twice in 2 days.
It is a strange day because (so far) I'm all caught up with work, the house is clean, company is all gone and it is a little too quiet for me!

littlered 07-06-2007 10:13 AM

Hello, ladies
It defianetly is getting hard to get on here for more than a second. ;)

Hubby’s home for 2 weeks. and even though we are not GOING anywhere
like everyone. We just keep busy. Little things.
Today we are making a new thingy mabober for the furnace pipe into the ceiling.
Did that explain it? lol.

Then I have to clean house a little. and get ready for my one day off.
We are going to Olive garden Saturday. Then fire works in the evening. I hope to get my kids there too. I doubt my son will go. He is afraid the noise will scare Jessie. (dgd).

Paula,
I am so glad to hear from you. Your family is so lucky to have a person like you.
So many family’s just park their parent’s in a home and wave good bye.
You on the other hand are making such a wonderful effort to take care of
your dad.
Its great to hear your garden is doing so well too. Pretty soon you can make a really great meal from all those veggies. mmm. cabbage soup? Tomato and lettuce sandwich? What time is lunch?;)

Lynn,
I aim to put smiles on at least 2 faces a day. Glad to have had one extra today.
Oh…The rating… I put in a rating when I posted yesterday. its on the page where you post for advanced post.

Bobby
I don’t have an ex either. That joke just was too much like the conversations.
It made me and hubby laugh.
That is amazing that no one has cabinets in the kitchens anymore. Maybe Linda is right,
that’s why everyone is eating out. and getting plump.

Zoe,
It is wonderful to her women talk like that about the kids. I wish I could hear that more often in everyday life.

Lynn
Might just try that recipe today. I Love that kind of food.

Well hubby is asking for help.:dizzy:
later.
have a good day girls.