Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!! It's hard to believe that I'm 51...but I am. Just call me Trish--The Diet Cheater 'cause I celebrated Sunday with cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. I used up all of my WW points plus most of the weekly allowance with one swoop (or fork)

I've got some good news. My Step dad was released from the hospital yesterday. Is it normal for him to be so grouchy? He seems to complain about everything. I'm trying to be understanding but...he's not too pleasant to be around right now. He thinks that he can eat anything that he could not eat before he got his kidney transplant...trying to totally ignore his diabetes. It was real hard for me to Sunday. I'll just pray for My Mom and him---that's the best I can do right now. He's the first person in the family that has gone through something so serious---I know I've got to be a little more understanding. Maybe my frustration is because my DH and DS are both ill also and I'm a little stressed. [This just came to me as a possible source of my frustration. Writing things down sure does help]

I walked a mile today including climbing 7 flights of steps. I didn't update my counter 'cause it was already 1 mile over.

Paula Thank you for sharing the article on you MIL and SIL. What amazing women.

Phylis WOW your exercise mileage is something to shoot for. How long did it take to make 43 miles? I'm going to miss my goal by 4 points.---assuming that I get in 2 miles tomorrow. But that is OK. My weekly counts begin on Thursday which is also my weigh-in day. Lynn I just can't weigh in daily.

Gary is my brother's name. He is a Pastor and Part-time Professor in New York. Your posts remind me of him.

Well I'm going to turn in!! Hello to all the new GG and the ones that I didn't mention above!

Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:40 PM   #422  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #423  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigawd, I HATE it when I don’t get to post in the mornings...seems like I get so far behind! ANYWAY, I was really glad to hear from you, Theresa - I was a tad worried! I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better.
Last night my dd, sil and dgd (I know my abbreviations, folks!) came for dinner and to look at the bedroom set online that we’ve just bought for dgd...lovely little girl canopy bed with matching bureau, bedside table, armoire, desk with hutch and corner shelf unit. It’s very similar to the one dd had when she was a little girl, and I wanted her daughter to have the same. It’s being delivered next week, and the look on her little face when she saw the picture of it was absolutely priceless. Yanno, sometimes it just feels awfully good to make a little kid happy, eh? (I know you all spoil your grandbabies - if you have some - ridiculously, too - so don’t pretend otherwise! And if you don‘t have any yet, you will when you do!)
Today was busy, busy, busy at work, and then, after spending a veritable fortune at the grocery store on Saturday, I had to stop again on my way home, because I forgot to take something out of the freezer this morning for tonight’s supper! I forget more than I remember most days. My freezer is so full of meat and stuff because I buy fresh every other day that I couldn’t fit anything else in there with a crowbar! I told DH to REMIND me to take something out tomorrow morning, but he forgets, too. What a pair, eh?
Paula, that was quite an inspiring article and video about your mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I always feel very humbled when I see stories like that, because I don’t think I would be able to do it. And, eventually, you will have your sister-in-law with you, which will be very challenging, I’m sure. And yet, because you and your family obviously love her very much, it is, I suppose, the natural thing for you to do. It’s really quite wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.
PHYLLIS! 43.5 miles!!!!! Good grief, woman! Sounds like you’re training for the Olympics or sumpin’.... Good going, tho...actually, GREAT going! I’m so proud of you as a fellow scale-hater...
Rhonda? I seem to have missed you, and I do apologize if I failed to extend a welcome to you. (Unless I did, and forgot. This IS the 50+ area, you know...) Well, welcome anyway, and welcome again if I already said it.
Karen? Any updates on the house? (I think I’m getting almost as anxious as you are, here.)
Oh, Meowee-Linda! CHOCOLATE ice cream! It’s a good thing I just filled up on supper, or I’d be drooling over your post. Like Lynn, I haven’t had ice cream in forever! But, Lynn...I like your attitude. I think I’ve probably eaten enough sweets and ice cream and junk to last ME a lifetime, too. I must make that my mantra: “Zoe, you’ve had ENOUGH of that!” OH, and good thing the only BREAD I eat now is flatbread, eh? No metal-ridden Sara Lee for this chickie!
EZ? Hmmm. Why would I be driving in that rainstorm? Well, unlike you spoiled southern Californians, we New Englanders have learned that life goes on and things have to get done, weather or no weather! (Besides, it wasn’t raining when I left home.) Truthfully, though, it wasn’t the worst I’ve ever driven. I’ve come forty miles up the turnpike from Boston in the middle of blizzards when the snow was a foot and rising on the road and coming down so heavy and thick and sticky that I had to keep opening my window and sticking the scraper out to clear my front windshield because the wipers were overwhelmed and not even attempting to work anymore. I’d have to say I drive in that kind of mess at least three or four times every winter. I’m pretty intrepid, I am. (or stupid - is there a difference? ) OH! And did I mention I drove it barefoot? (And uphill BOTH ways!!!!) Ooops. That's my walking to school story. Sorry.
LindaD, I hadn’t even thought about a chiropractor!!!! I was thinking Reiki, or acupuncture or something, but never even THOUGHT about a chiropractor! I’ve had friends who have felt much better after seeing one, too. I’m going to ask around and see if I can get a good recommendation for one! THANKS!
Cuppa, your little boy is just precious! How lovely for you! It must be so hard - waiting for all the red tape to get unraveled. I guess we can’t help much with that, but we’ll cheer you on with your fitness routine and give you as much support as you need to get ready for that little sweetie.
Trish’s birthday? Omigosh! SO sorry if I missed it! Happy Birthday, you Gorgeous Golden Girl!!! (GGG...hey! Howabout GGGG? Gorgeous Golden Girls & Guy?) I hope you’ve had an astoundingly wonderful day!
Has anybody seen Lily?
Hiya Wunder...or should we call you “Pal”. maybe? And MOXIE! Where’s Moxie?
I know Jo-annie is off spoiling that new little nephew of hers...and Cat is busy, busy, busy....
Okay, over and out for another day! Sleep well, one and all..

TTFN,
Z
Old 08-01-2007, 12:20 AM   #424  

Hi ellabella, by all means call me Pal, it's alot shorter. Enjoyed your post.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #425  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default Omigawd! Nsv! Nsv! Nsv!

Okay. Just a quick (amazing!) announcement! When I was getting dressed for work this morning, I decided to wear a calf-length a-line skirt that I haven't worn since May. It has no waistband, and a side zipper. In MAY, it fit snugly. I could WEAR it, but it was a little on the snug side. When I put it on this morning, it quite literally slid right down my hips and off! Take THAT, you rotten scale, you!!! (Let's throw 'em out, Phyllis & JoAnnie - and anybody else who hates them like we do! )

Have a great day y'all!

Z!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

I missed a birthday too. Happy Birthday, Trish

Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Zoe,
I am so proud of you girl.
Can't wait till my clothes fall down like that!

Yeah, Scales really do need thrown away! Mine just keeps saying the same 2 pounds, 157-158. over and over again. I have to get back to the treadmill today. The therapist still wants me to stay away from the rest of my regular routine.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #428  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

OOPS . . . Sorry . . . looks like I missed your birthday too, TRISH. Hope it was just the greatest day you can ever remember.

Well everybody . . . it's that time again . . . here's a link to a new home for the month of AUGUST . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...71#post1798571

See you all over there . . .
Closed Thread