3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #316
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Nothing is on television tonight and I didn't feel like reading another book so I thought I'd post and then surf the internet.

Karen: Hang in there and try to get some rest. Congrats on the job. Nothing comes when it's convenient. It will all work out. Beatiful family photo.

Meowee: Thanks for the article. Wouldn't it be great to finally have a cure for melanoma? My friend's grandfather died from this type of cancer. He suffered so much.

Piano51: Nice to meet another 'PK'. My father paseed away about 3 years ago. He had alzheimers ( sp?). He didn't remember us when he was farther along with the disease but could still quote the Bible..sometimes chapter and verse. He was chosen by the staff to say grace before meals and pray at special events when he was well enough to participate. It was amazing that God continued to work through him to touch so many lives until he passed. I'm glad your stepfather is doing better. I know how you feel about the scale playing games with the mind. That's why I don't weigh very often. I try on jeans a couple sizes smaller than what I wear now to see if I've lost. My goal is to get them pulled up to my waist. When I accomplish that I'll focus on trying to zip them.

Z: Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you found your special man.

Well, its getting late so I think I'll get ready for bed. Pleasant dreams to all.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #317

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm sorry I won't be able to individualize my posts for a while - I spent 3 hours last night online at a mini-workshop and examination. This course that I'm taking is VERY intense. I wish I were not also teaching one at the same time.

Yesterday was just BEAUTIFUL here. I went to my new gym and spent 15 minutes on the Eliptical machine. I left and was on my way to my dietitian - I was early, so I stopped at a nearby park & walked (on a hilly walk) for 20 minutes. Last night, I ate too much - 2 lamb chops, a whole sweet potato, and veggies. This morning, I'm back up to 166. This is 25 days with a 2-lb loss. Oh well, it could be a gain.

Today I go to my old gym (for the last time) where they will weigh me and take my measurements.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn
Old 07-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #318

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good Morning girls
Thanks for your positive thoughts for me and Daughter in law.

Well I met my Physical therapist yesterday. He has not seen the MRI’S yet. But his diagnosis so far is Sciatica.
I am waiting to hear back from my doctor still.
For now I won’t be going to work out at home or at curves. So I am going to have to be VERY good at my eating.

I am going to try the treadmill at home. If I go slow and don’t twist, it should be ok. For the last 2 weeks my hip has been feeling like its popping out. The therapist said that’s the sciatica.

I have a board under the mattress, and sleep with a pillow under my knees. That is helping some. Last night I slept from 9:30 till 7 am today! Guess I needed to do some catching up!
Nights are the hardest, as soon as I lay down it gets worse.
My Son’s wife is about the same, not sure what is being do except meds and bed rest. My son has taken off the week to take care of her.

Ok, Enough of MY crying. HOW’S it going ladies?

I agree with everyone else,
Ella,
I wish I had your talent as a writer. In fact before you ladies, anyone was lucky to get 2 lines in an email from me. Never have like to write letters. And look at me now. Ella, you need to finish that novel soon… That way I can say I know HER! When the book comes out. Really your family would be proud to share it with you now…not later.

Joanne,
Yes, I am surprised how the insurance works; it WILL pay for all the testing, therapy, meds and doctors…no chiro’s. Is that crazy?
I am on that slow list of loser’s here.
I have not been moving my ticker much either. But, It’s because I have lain off the workouts more and more.
My scale bounces between the 157 and 158 lbs. Anyone want an ounce or two? I am sharing… If fact, I will pay you to take 5 pounds... 10 pounds!

Lyn,
sounds like you know how to have fun…golf, motor cycles, Sam Adam’s, Bear, BBQ Ribs, and Site seeing from a bike! You could teach me how to have fun, that’s for sure. You DO Enjoy life…lucky girl.

Paula,
I am sending prayers for you and your dad. and lots of hugs.

You are so right about The Auction’s. I worked for an Auction house last yr. Its amazing what people will sell, and even more amazing what someone will buy! We Totally emptied WHOLE homes. and sold anything that could not walk.

Karen,
Congrats on selling the boat, and tractor, AND for getting your job. Good luck with the house.
You will be visiting here after the move I hope.

LindaD
I can’t even think about dating again! God bless you…

Lynn,
teaching a course and taking one at the same time. Wow! You are a talented lady.

Lily,
I have a TANITA scale, It weighs in ounces. I bought this scales at Bed and Bath. for about $30.

Moxie,
I love that challenge with your family. I wish mine would get more interested. My dd has completely stopped Curves and watching what she eats.
but… my son is doing more everyday. He takes his little one out on the bike most days. and is growing a veggie garden, his first!

Linda
thanks for the link on the hair. it is lots of good info.
Ok,
my son is on his way over with my granddaughter. So he can get some work done and take care of mommy. so I will be back later.
have a sunny, not hot day!

Start date: March 1 st. 2007 184 lbs

Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #319
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hi Ladies...I am WAY behind on posts...the last few days have been kind of hectic...too much work, but not complaining..better than no work!

Theresa, I can really sympathize with the back problems...I had back surgury years ago and I so remember how hard life was before that...just trying to brush my teeth was so painful! I still sleep with a pillow between my knees too! After the surgury, the dr. told me to take 4 nuprin whenever it "kicked up" again and it really worked...but I can't find nuprin anymore. At the time of the surgury, I had a one year old and the dr. told me never to lift anything heavier than 5 lbs the rest of my life. I asked him what I should do about the one year old...tie a rope on his ankle and drag him around? Needless to say I do pick up stuff, but learned to use my legs instead of my back to do so. It has been acting up the last couple of days, so I need to be careful at the gym to make sure that is not causing it. I just could have "slept funny" or watched too much tv propped up in bed on my back..that will do it sometimes.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #320

S/C/G: 188/176/150

You girls that are cleaning out your bad food are awesome. You've almost got me inspired to do the same thing. LOL

Tomorrow is my 38th wedding anniversary. Guess where we are going? To Mansfield where "Shawshank Redemption" was filmed. We are not going to tour the prison. We are going to go to http://www.kingwoodcenter.org/gardens.html and then to eat dinner. The prison is where my daughters are going in August for an all night ghost hunt.

My dad was so proud of himself again yesterday. The first words out of his mouth when we walked in was that he had walked 4 steps in therapy. Poor little guy. I can't wait to talk to the therapist to see how he's really doing. The nurse said that they said they worked him really hard and that he did very well.

Lynn- I got another whale costume order yesterday so that's 2 I'm working on both size 5/6. One is going to CA and one is going to CO. It's getting about that time that I will start getting Halloween costume orders. Whales, dolphins, sharks and bananas are usually the best sellers.

So you enjoyed "Hairspray"? We are suppose to go as a Red Hat group to see it. I'm just waiting to hear what date is best for everyone.

I feel for you on the 2 pound loss. You sound just like me. I keep losing those same pounds over and over again. Of course eating KFC at 9:00 last night didn't help either. Hubby bought dinner on his way home from golf. I was planning on eating with my daughter on the way home from visiting my dad and she started getting a migraine so we just came home instead so I had hubby get me food when he got his. Bad... very bad!!

Lily- No hot weather here yet. It's actually been on the cool side. Plus we've had rain everyday. Of course I knew we would get rain this week, because the boys are at Boy Scout camp and it rains every year when they go to camp. The forecast is rain everyday until Saturday. They are due back... you guessed it ... SATURDAY.

Heidi- Since you are so close to my stats I will use you as an inspiration to keep going. I managed to walk 30 minutes yesterday. Boy am I ever out of shape. I haven't walked since my dad had his stroke in May. It felt good to get out and the dog was so happy too.

Lyn- : Good work on the pound loss.

Phyllis- Good luck getting those new added pounds off. It sure does make a person wonder why it's so hard to lose them when it's so easy to gain them.

LindaD- My dad's name is Emmet Moul. Thank you for the extra prayers. He can use all he can get right now.

Linda- Glad Jazz is doing better.

Trish- I'm glad to hear that your step-father is doing well. I know how it is with him wanting to get up and go. My dad was VERY active before the stroke and it's just about killing him to just lay there waiting for someone to do things for him.

Karen- Good Luck with the sale of your home.
What a lovely photo. They all seem very happy. Well, except TJ. LOL

OK, time to make my oatmeal for breakfast and then get my shower. I have the whales cut out, but have to start sewing them today plus wash and fold the new pjs and t-shirts I bought for my dad. I plan on walking between my soap operas again today. My hopes are to be at goal by Christmas and I will have to really work hard to get to that goal.

Longterm goal

Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #321
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Back again with my coffee and bag-o-fiber. Okay, ‘nuff said about the writing, okay? I don’t want to have to start editing my posts and concerning myself with sentence structure and all that happy garbage…here is where I can goof off and write incomplete sentences, and even make no sense at all, if you know what I mean? I REALLY appreciate your compliments, but I appreciate even more getting to know all of you, hearing about your lives, and sharing our weight frustrations – and our weight successes! I am loving what YOU ALL write!
And LindaD, giving advice is a sure symptom of advanced age. I HATE it when I do that! If it happens again, kindly tell me to stifle it.
OMG, Jo-annie! Biscotti is the ONE thing that lured me off the wagon about a month ago! The ones with that little dark chocolate edge are to DIE for! Luckily for me, when I was grazing through my cabinets looking for fodder, there were only 3 Biscotti left in the box. Otherwise, I would’ve done exactly what you did. (I just wouldn't have exercised as much to burn off the danged calories!)
DH has perfect freaking teeth! It really annoys the crapola out of me. I have more crowns and caps and bonding and fillings than I have teeth, and there’s always some damnable thing that needs taking care of, but him? OH, NO. Uh-uh. He goes for his cleaning the other day and comes home whining because he has one teeny tiny little stupid cavity that he’s got to go back to have filled. I’m like, “Oh, what a shame!” If he only realized that half my mouth is freaking corrective and cosmetic dentistry (and I could STILL have a better looking set of choppers if I just had the whole lot of them yanked and replaced with pretend ones) he’d probably fall over in a dead faint. Tsk. Maybe if I live to hit seventy, I’ll have all these thousands of dollars worth of lousy teeth out, and get myself a nice set of dentures that I can keep in a glass by my bed. Hey! I’ll even keep ‘em in a goblet! Or a brandy snifter! Now, that’s class!
That was an interesting article about hair, Meowee-Linda. I knew about the drug testing uses, but some of the other stuff was really interesting – like the part about graying hair. I always WANTED my hair to get gray. There were a few women in my family whose hair turned the most beautiful shade of silver, and stayed very thick and full their whole lives. They were always admired for their beautiful hair. Now of course, I have a few strikes against me on that front – first of all, my hair is definitely NOT of the thick and dense variety. I have a lot of it, but it’s thin and fine. I use volume-boosting shampoos & conditioners all the time, and still don’t exactly have a big bushy headful of hair. And, of course, it refuses to go uniformly gray. My REAL color (which I don’t think it’s been since I was in my teens) is brown. Not chestnut, not auburn, not anything with any pizzazz – just plain mud brown. And the gray comes in sporadically on the sides above my ears and a few strands on the top. So, I just frost the whole head heavily, and let the grays mix right in if they feel like it. They get lost in the light blonde strands, so it seems to be the best solution for me. I always hoped that as an old lady, I could have a long silver braid down my back. Right. If I don’t keep it trimmed above my shoulders, it gets full of split ends (even though I never blow dry it!) and hangs like a flag at half-mast.
And yes, Trish, mild walking is SOMETHING. Every little bit helps. It really does.
Karen! What a nice picture of your son and his family! You said his wife was a sweetheart (or something like that) and she really IS a lovely-looking lady, isn’t she? The kids are just the cutest!
Good grief, Lynn! I don’t know how you manage to keep any weight on you at all, with all the running around you do! And TAKING as well as teaching a course! I can definitely tell you that MY course-taking days are over! And I wouldn’t have the energy - or the patience - to be teaching one, either; I had a few college interns working under me last year, and thought I’d lose my mind! They’re so danged YOUNG! Of course nowadays, everybody seems obscenely young to me – police officers, doctors, and of course teachers, to name just a few. I mean the idea of some KID writing me a traffic ticket or sticking his or her hand up under MY Johnny isn’t my idea of the way things are supposed to be. Never mind that if they were sufficiently older than me to be doing those jobs, they’d be in their nineties! So, lynn, m'dear, you may be a few months older than me, but methinks I'm a LOT older (and crankier) than you mentally!
Lyn, I took a ride on the back of a motorcycle ONCE. Yeah. It was pretty neat. Neater than I expected it to be, to tell you the truth. And, I rode motor bikes (scooters?) when in Bermuda & Jamaica and they were fun. Of course, that was long ago and far away. Now, I think it's best if I stick with a motor-free mountain bike. For the sake of my own safety and everybody else's as well.
Theresa, my doctor thinks I have Sciatica too. That’s why I can’t walk for any length of time. It doesn’t bother me at all when I’m sitting, which is why bike riding works so well for me. I should have physical therapy (she says) but frankly, I have NO time for running back and forth for that stuff. I figure I’m doing okay with my bike, and since I’ve been riding, I haven’t been having much pain when I get into bed at night anymore. I’m a great one for self-prescribing and treating. Not always the best of ideas, but it’s what I do, and probably what I’ll continue to do because I really dislike having people poke and prod around on me. My doctor just throws up her hands, because I go in once a year so she’ll write my prescription for my blood pressure meds (although I may start to wean myself off those, too, because now that I’ve been eating better, losing some weight, exercising and not smoking, my BP is actually LOW. Took it at home a couple of night ago, and it was 100/68.) So, the doc alwys orders tests for this, and tests for that...and the dreaded mammogram...and I always smile, and say okay, and then I just don't go for the tests. Theresa, I’m also glad that we’ve caused you to be writing more, though. I always enjoy your posts!
Jo-annie, I’m glad that that treatment seems to be helping your mother. I’m glad that you’re such a good daughter to her. I wasn’t to mine, and I’m sorry now that it’s too late.

Well, thas’ all for now, folks!
Have a great day, GG’s!!!!

Z

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #322
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Phyllis! Where are you, lady???? Give us a hoot from sunny Flawridder!!!!

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 07-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #323
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone -- busy times here and there. I only have two more days at work and of course all **** broke loose on our roads yesterday. From where I live and where we work there are two highways and one freeway - numerous silly back roads for commuting. We take one of the highways and yesterday a construction crew hit an oil pipeline (attached is a video -- its horrible). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYjIitKnKk At least I know most of the back roads so I got us home in not horrible time and the highway is still closed this morning -- so I took us other back roads to get in this morning. Just listening to the traffic reports and its backup everywhere. Its a horrible environmental disaster and just below the highway is our beautiful inlet -- they have the booms in place but the damage was done. My son lives a block away from the site and he said it was just a zoo to get near his house (thank goodness he has a 4x4). Reminded me of a time many years ago when my husband worked on the pipeline and one of the engineers insisted he open up a valve -- it was mostly instinct but my husband wasn't really positive he should follow orders -- sure enough he was forced to open the valve and sure enough he ended up covered in oil -- I can remember the smell to this day. I had to go into the office and bring him clean clothes. The smell in this neighbourhood must be just rank.

Well I finally did it and jumped onto the scale -- I also changed my number to reflect my weight as of today. Not sure if its good news or not -- when I weighed myself last I was 233.2 and yesterday I was 231.8 -- so down but not as low as I have been this year. This really is the year of the 230's for me -- BLECH!!! I just need to get through that 230 and I know I will start a downhill trend. Not sure how much more I can do -- I exercise at least 3 days a week (Hello -- go to 4 or 5 days a week). I eat between 1700 - 2000 calories a day (gee maybe lower that a bit!!!) Anyway as we have said its just not frikken easy.

Zoe - as you can see I hear and live your frustration with this whole losing weight thing. I let loose with rants as much as possible in my blogs. I am the spouse with the good teeth -- my poor sweetie has tetracycline teeth (he almost died before he was one because of pneumonia). So his teeth are discoloured and short of veneers he doesn't have the healthiest looking teeth. Anyone have any extra $$$ hanging around for our veneer fund??

LindaD - I am off to continue with my tune up next week. I had my blood work done on the weekend and see what my results are. Maybe I need to up my thyroid meds - that might help my weight loss. I also get to be a weinie with my mammogram. I have a mass in one breast that they are watching -- when they said it was due to blunt force trauma the only blunt force trauma I have had was the damn mammograms. So I get to go to a specialty clinic where they do a very gentle job -- they even keep a heating pad on the machine so its warm.

Lynn - sounds like you are busy enough for three people. Glad you are finding time for the gym - we will keep the home fires buring here and your spot of honour will never go away.

Linda -- thanks for the interesting article. I try to keep my hair coloured so that I can't see how much grey I have - hmmmm

Trish -- WOW that is great time for reading that size of a book. I really need to catch up - I only read the first three and loved them. Loved the movies too.

Karen - congrats on the new job

Theresa - that's too bad about the sciatica -- my mom had that a couple of years ago and I hate to tell you -- our chiropractor had her cured and walking within a day or two. She was so bad we had visions of calling the fire department to bring her downstairs from her bedroom. Just take care and get better -- sounds like you are doing the right thing.

Cat -- Hi - busy is good!!

Paula -- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! very cool about the gardens and they look beautiful - ENJOY!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #324
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Default Eureka!!

WOW O WOW MAN O MAN
My scales finally budged, I can say I made goal this month....5 pounds down! I don't wait 2 days to make sure it really will stick.....I just don't weigh myself for a while...long enough to be REAL sure!

LYNN:This helped me....Hope it helps you too.

Theresa: I'm glad you like the idea of the challenge....it should help keep me motivated to move....and hopefully motivate my dil to do the same. I'm thinking it should be $2.00 a day....1 for exercise and 1 for staying on program. I know sometimes I eat more than I would like to, not because I really am hungry, just because....just because!

PAULA: You never know what a person wants at an auction. I used to go to them often, the last one I went to, I saw some angel food pans (the old fashioned kind) and really wanted them. They were in a box with a lot of other stuff.... I bid for a while, and then decided to let them go.....After the auction I was looking around and lo and behold those angel food pans were still there. The person bidding against me didn't want the pans, they were after something else. I asked the "owners" about them, and they were happy to get rid of them.

PAULA: Halloween costumes....wow, that sounds like fun. I used to like sewing, but I probably won't do any more of it. For starters, I would have to buy a new sewing machine!!!

LILY: I CAN'T KEEP THE HEAT HERE!!!! (I'm dying already!!!) Another scorcher today....hopefully after this week the nights will at least cool off some. I keep telling myself the heat is good for the corn, and good for the tomatoes! (It certainly isn't good for me!!)

Hello to the rest of the Golden Girls.... and a bunch of to us all!!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #325
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

O....I forgot....Zoe....

I think that the reason why you don't gain when you eat more from time to time is because all the dieting has caused the metabolism to slow down, the "refueling" gives it a chance to reset itself so when you do diet again, you can lose weight.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #326

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I've answered all the posts in both courses - the one I'm taking is over at the end of the week - so I'm dropping by. By the weekend, I should have time to read all your posts - I'm sure that they're MUCH more interesting than what I've been reading - and "chat."

This morning, I went to my old gym for weighing & measuring. Since October, I lost 11 lbs and 8.25 inches. I also decreased my body fat from 41.3% to 38.3%.

Hope everyone is well,

I miss you,

Lynn
Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #327
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Hello Golden Girls:

Today I packed and labeled boxes for the movers. Tomorrow is the last day at my office. I'll begin the final chapter on the wind down at my company. I finally got the incentive email I was waiting for. The company is offering me a raise and a bonus of 190 paid hours (4.75 weeks) if I stay until December 31. It is a pretty good offer. I was hoping I could keep my job until the end of March and there still is a tiny possibility that could happen. The money will help a lot until I find another job.

I try to stay on a healthy eating plan most days but yesterday wasn't one of those days. I had TWO blueberry muffins. Eeeek! I also ate 2 Healthy Choice fudge bars and made speghetti for dinner. At least I did exercise. I'm trying to be good today. It seems once I taste the bad stuff it's hard to move on. I'm drinking a lot of water and green tea and I still have to exercise when I'm done here.

Moxie:
Way to go on the 5 pound loss!

JoAnne: It looks like the oil is hitting some houses. How do you clean oil off of a house? How awful!! It's good that you know the back roads. Yeah!!!! Almost out of the 230's. Congratulations!

Z: I like your advice. Look at my past.....I need all the help I can get.

Paula: Have fun visiting Mansfield. Thanks for your father's name. Please keep us informed as to how he is doing.

Lynn: You go girl!! Teaching a class and taking a class. I don't think I could do that. Whew!

I was in the Home Goods store yesterday and they were putting out all the Holloween decorations. By the time the holiday rolls around I'm usually sick of it. I see all the decorations and get tired of them fast.

Have a nice evening everyone. Talk to you soon.

Last edited by LindaD; 07-25-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #328
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

I decided to "lurk" over here to see what is going on. My wife, Angie, is always telling me to act my age. I usually hang out in the Christian Encouragers thread...and from time to time the Support thread...but I have been know to stir things up a bit from time to time in General Chatter.

Just wanted to say HI oh, by the way I am 53!

Gary
Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #329
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning Ladies and Gary!
Another hot humid day is on the way and I'm trying to get myself ready to face the day and glancing over at the stability ball and telling myself to get going on it.

I got a new dvd in yesterday that calls for weights. So yesterday afternoon I asked my husband to go to sears with me to get some. There is a mall pretty close to my house. They are in the process of tearing it down to build a new one and Sears is about the only store where I could get them (other than Walli-World and I would rather eat dirt than go there and try to park!)...
So, we got the weights and a new exercise mat and on the way home pass the new Stone Cold Creamery..uh oh. Terry wanted a strawberry shake and I was "good" and got a sinless "ice cream" (ok, it is cold and in some ways resembles ice cream, but is pretty tasteless) so I got them to add some roasted almonds and it wasn't too bad. The point of that long rambling story is that if you find yourself at a Stone Cold, there is a choice...a very small choice, but a choice.

Stayed up much too late watching "Big Brother After Dark"...my Husband has been watching it some (for some reason we are Big Brother fans) and suggested I would love it. I tried to like it but couldn't..what a waste of time. 2 girls laying in a hammock eating cookies into the microphone insanely babbling. The coversation went something like this:
(Girl One bites cookie..slurp, crunch, crunch, chews with mouth open while talking, cookie crumbs falling onto her chest)
Girl One: "And he goes...blah blah blah"
other girl "uh huh"
Girl One: "And I go...blah blah blah"
slurp, crunch on cookie, runs fingers through hair
"And he goes...blah blah blah"
other girl "uh huh"
Girl One: "And I go...blah blah blah"
slurp, crunch on cookie, flip hair, wipe away cookie crumbs.
other girl "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh"

Since when did the word "goes" replace the words "say" and "said"? It was like ice picks being forced into my ears. And now I'm tired this morning and have a bunch of work to do. I'm grumpy.

Now, my inner voice "goes"...quit complaining and get to work!!..

Ya'll have a good one..

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-26-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #330

Good morning everyone,
It's overcast here again today and we had quite a bit of fog this morning. I love my early morning walks when everything is all shrouded in fog and it's so quiet you can hear people talking a block away.

Paula - Maybe we can be an inspiration to each other - it helps so much to have a motivater.

Not too much going on around here today. My big outing will be to get the BBQ propane tank filled. After that, I have to resign myself to ironing for a couple of hours. It's the most dreaded job I have and I put off until I can't think of any more excuses. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Heidi
Closed Thread