Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #16  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Had a terribly restless night last night . . . got to stop having afternoon coffee. Anyway, I did pretty well in the food department yesterday evening . . . ate tons and tons (well almost a pound) of lightly seared Scallops with a light salad and some fresh fruit for dessert . . . but I did manage to stay away from all the heavy side dishes and the homemade desserts and the ice cream . . . YAY ME!

Another day of Lobster Carnival (it's an annual event in my little town) fun and games today . . . hopefully I'll be able to continue the good stuff

Other than that . . . SOSDD . . . Hope everybody has great moving and shaking things planned . . . see you soon . . .
Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Another day of Lobster Carnival (it's an annual event in my little town) fun and games today . . . hopefully I'll be able to continue the good stuff.
Yummy! Lobster is such a treat. We don't get it too often here in the prairies. Hmmm....I guess that's not too suprizing.

Not too much happening here. Having dinner with my family tonight. My sister is barbequing chicken breast and I'm bringing a salad so I hope I can stay on board even though I know my Mom is bringing dessert. She's one of those who comment on your weight and yet push food on you!?!? I guess because she's always been slim she just doesn't get it. I still love her.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #18  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Afraid that is definitely true SETTIE . . . "fresh" and "seafood" are mutually exclusive terms in the Prairies . . . actually anywhere without Ocean Coast. Sorry.

Actually . . . We had another nasty little thunderstorm late yesterday afternoon. Only minor light-flickering but it did manage to rain out the children's Lobster Carnival parade. I stayed home and had salmon and salad for dinner instead of going out for lobster so, naturally the sun came out again about 8:30 pm. This morning is looking pretty good. Hope it lasts for the wind-up of the local festivities.

Boy . . . I really think I'm going to have to change my official weigh-in day to Sunday. Nice 226.6 this morning. Wonder where it will be by Wednesday. I'd almost be willing to bet money it will be higher . . . again.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, everybody. See you soon . . .
Old 07-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #19  

Quote:
Boy . . . I really think I'm going to have to change my official weigh-in day to Sunday. Nice 226.6 this morning. Wonder where it will be by Wednesday. I'd almost be willing to bet money it will be higher . . . again.
Isn't it odd how that works. I too often have a nice 'dip' during the week only to go up on weigh in day.

Too bad about your parade. The kids must have been disappointed. We're having a beautiful weekend and it's our big Folk Festival which more than not seems to get rained out.

Just working around the yard today. Not much new.

Talk soon,
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #20  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another dull and cool day shaping up here in Atlantic Canada . . . the Lobster Carnival has been put to bed for another year and, as usual, the weather was less than kind. Hope the rest of you managed to hang onto good weather for the weekend.

Just posted a little blurb in the "Hints" Sticky about the age old "Butter vs Margarine" debate. Which one do you use? For me -- the answer is, more or less, neither -- I like my veggies unadulterated and I seldom eat any bread (sometimes a Tortilla wrap). Actually, I have a small container of reduced fat margarine in the fridge that has been there for over a year now. Glad I thought of it . . . think it is probably time to pitch it.

Well gang . . . lots of stuff to do and places to go around 3FC and then out for some groceries. Hope everybody has a really great day. See you later.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #21  

Good morning all,

I'm having a One-derful day! 199 this morning. It's been a looooong time since I've seen that number.

I use low-fat margarine when I use anything. Like meowee I hardly do. I mostly go 'au natural' or I use olive oil. The one exception is Christmas baking. I have to use butter in those goodies.

We're having a very nice few days - sunny, not too hot. Just like I like it.

Well I must go do my workout and then see what the rest of the day brings. Probably a bit of yard work. Like house cleaning and dust, the weeds never seem to stay away. Although I much more enjoy yard work to house work.

Have a great day everyone. Talk soon,
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Just posted a little blurb in the "Hints" Sticky about the age old "Butter vs Margarine" debate. Which one do you use?

meowee I don't use much of either, pretty much as you said...I don't eat bread and most veggies I like just they way they are. I do use salt however to season.

My doc did recommend to **me** that I just use butter, but sparingly. I've also used a product sold here in the US called Smart Balance (maybe they sell in CAN too?) I thought it was good.

Hy
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

YAY DENISE . . . YAY DENISE . . . YAY DENISE

And I agree . . . you cannot make Shortbread without BUTTER.

HI HY . . .

Think I've seen Smart Balance in the stores . . . not sure since spreads are not high on my shopping lists.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by settie View Post
I'm having a One-derful day! 199 this morning. It's been a looooong time since I've seen that number.

WOW Denise What wonderful news!!

Hy
Old 07-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

I finally got my computer back and have had a chance to get caught up on all of your posts. Of course when I wanted to post, my information had been kicked out because of the computer tech's cleaning up some of my files. Suppose I will find all kinds of glitches as I travel around to my favorite sites. Oh well, at least I feel like I'm back in the groove again.
I'mat my scale. I tried to be sooo good this week with the holiday and all. I managed to walk 5.5 miles this week and it said I had gained 3 lbs. I was just blown away and depressed all weekend. Guess there were some hidden calories that I forgot to account for somewhere. I'm really going to have to work hard this week to make any headway at all now.I walked a little over a mile yesterday morning before it got so hot and humid. We got almost 2" of rain overnight so I probably won't walk outside today even tho it is going to be a little cooler. Had a patient using the gym this morning as soon as I got to work so I haven't had time to get in there myself. I will before noon tho I promise.

CHERYL: Did you get your painting done over the weekend? What a big job that sounds like. It is so much work to get ready to move. Yes my daughter made it here for the 4th. We went up to the rodeo grounds and watched my grandson compete in mutton busting. He did pretty well. They don't have a winner, each contestant gets a dollar. He thought he was pretty hot stuff out there, it was really fun to watch. He's done it before where they live but never here.

MEOWEE: Sure hope you are feeling better and that you have your blood sugars back where they need to be. Does the stress of unexpected company have anything to do with it? Butter or Margarine ? When I use it I use a product called Promise and have for years.

HY: I hope you are finding ways to keep cool !@!! I can't believe your temps there. I think it is unbearable at 90 here.

SETTIE: I agree about the mid week dips in weight. That is why I was so surprised at mine. On Thursday it said 143.2 and on Sunday 147 ? I just keep telling myself it is just a number, but one I don't like.LOL While I was previewing my post I see you got in ahead of me and I'm so glad so I can sayon your loss, that is fabulous to be in onderland.

Guess I had better get busy the dryer just went off and I will have another load done to go in.
Hope everyone has a great day and something good happens to you.

Don't ask for an easier life:ask to be a stronger person

DONNA
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #26  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Sorry for the 'fly-by' . . . back later . . .
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #27  

Good Morning(almost afternoon) all,

I don't know where the day goes.

Donna - Isn't it amazing when your computer is gone for a while. I don't know how we ever got along without one!?!?

Not much new here. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Talk soon,
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #28  

Hi Ladies...I tried posting twice lastnight, but lost it. By then, I was so tired and frustrated, I just gave up and went to bed.

Donna...Never got the painting started on the outside of the house or out buildings, but did get the garage scraped and most of the house pressured washed and scraped. We plan on painting all of the outside buildings next Tuesday thru Thursday if the weather holds out. Saturday, it was 103 here, too hot to do anything but stay inside.

Denise... on reaching onederland!! I'm so happy and excited for you.

Linda...Lobster fest sounds so yummy and so does having salmon. Love them both way too much!! Hope you have your blood sugars under control. My hubby is having a real hard time trying to keep his under control. The meds are just not working, and the doctor wants to start him on insulin and he doesn't want that. I told him that maybe he should start insulin for health reasons.

Hy...Hope you are finding some place to stay cool, like in front of your air conditioner with your feet proped up sipping a nice cool drink.

Well girl's with all of this packing and going back and forth to the storage unit, I've been doing great staying on program. Tomorrow is weigh-in day so will let you know if there is a loss for the week. I'll try to check back in later.

Cheryl
Old 07-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . I'm back . . .

I'm having a really strange day . . . a bit 'out of sorts' . . . probably a knee-jerk-reaction to my life suddenly calming down again. My weight creeping back up as we approach WWI (Wednesday Weigh In) isn't helping either. But, not to worry, nothing keeps me down for long so I'm sure I'll be back to normal (or whatever passes for 'normal') soon.

Oh DONNA . . . sorry about your gain, too. Don't we all just hate that old scale-? Oh well, hang in there . . . nowhere to go but down, I hope.

Hi DENISE . . .

Thanks CHERYL . . . my BGL is still a bit erratic but it'll get there. I think I know how your DH feels, I remember being extremely upset when I had to start using insulin . . . you kind of feel like you've failed or something. If only I had been just a little better and tried just a little harder with the diet and exercise, it wouldn't have come to this. Well give him a little pep-talk from me . . . this is a progressive disease and unfortunately most of us will get to the insulin stage . . . but once you get over the initial shock of it all, it really does make control easier . . . it's still a constant battle, but it is a little easier. And . . . the insulin needles don't hurt as much as the testing lancets in the fingers. . . . for you both.

Anyway gang, I posted a new article from D:Life in the "Hints" Sticky about that lovely Stress/Weight connection we all know and love (hate) so much. Interesting reading if you've got a couple of minutes.

Must get going again. Hope you all have a great evening planned. See you tomorrow . . .
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Remember the Tortoise . . . Remember the Tortoise . . . Remember the Tortoise . . . Hardly a day goes by that I don't say that to someone around 3FC.

Guess I just have to keep telling myself the same thing . . . especially every Wednesday as I watch my weight on my "official" day of the week sit about 2 pounds higher than it was the Sunday before . . . but, at least it is a magnificent 0.2 lower than it was last Wednesday. Oh well . . . the general direction is encouraging and the things I've learned and the good habits I've formed in the past year and a half are also encouraging.

Oh yeah . . . Good Morning everybody . . . . . . Looks like we are going to have a hot and humid day for a change . . . but also very overcast.

Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . See you later . . .
Closed Thread