Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 04:30 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hello ladies,

Sorry I have been m.i.a. lately. I have just been busy.

I just got home from a CPR class, given by Curves… to their employees. They had an extra spot open.
I wanted to take it incase something were to happen with my dgd.
It will help me feel more confident taking care of a physically challenged baby. ( I hope).

Dgd is having physical therapy now with other kids too. She is loving it. She just recently has become aware of OTHER children, and is enthralled. When her parents get back to take her home, she just chatters up a storm. No words that are understood yet… but the excitement is abound.

I don’t think I have ever seen so many problems with the electrical systems in a home as this week is showing.

Ella,
thanks for the hug, here is one back at ya

One of my first questions is… have you recently added a new item to be plugged in on the same circuit?
We had that problem a few yrs ago. When we moved the microwave to a different circuit, the problem stopped. We had too much pulling from one circuit. I think the reason we noticed it was because the microwave gets used so much. That and His coffee pot.
I hope you are enjoying your family. Enjoy every second you can. Life is so short.
My kids do not watch tv to sleep… but they do listen to music. Not the rap crap either. My dd has been doing Frank Senatra and others like that. My son is now doing the music from the early 70’s. and some 60’s. One day he and my daughter were listening to the Ink spots. Have you ever heard of them… 1930-40’s. To funny.

Karen,
Congrats on 2 pounds.

Phyllis
Congrats on the 4 pounds this month.
4 pounds is so much better than a gain. Keep up what ever you are doing.
I hope you don’t get to much rain. That is a lot of rain. My sister lives south of Jacksonville. She said they need it very bad still.

Joanne,
Is Canada day like our Forth of July?
I have never heard of it. I hope you enjoy you 3 day week end. Not enough of them is there.

I thought of you coming home from work Thursday. The car in front of me was from Canada. I have never seen one here before.

It must have been exciting to see your sons work on the news. You definitely should be proud of you son.

Well I have decided you need to give me a kick in the pants.
until this month I have been loosing at least 6 or more pounds a month. This month I only lost 4 pounds.
I guess I have to just work harder.

Well, Girls I am off to see the dgd. later. enjoy your weekends.
hugs to all.

Last edited by littlered; 06-30-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #302  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Just checking in to say hey and share a recipe. Having a great weekend with my daughter and sweet Mother in law. (If you don't have anything better to do, here's some pictures of her "farewell party from work before she leaves on Wednesday) (excuse the butt picture..it was a joke..she has no problem with doing goofy things in public.)

Everyone just loved this dish that I fixed today and it is totally SB friendly, so may work with other "diets":
I adapted it from a dish I saw on the food network.

you'll need:
Boneless Pork chops (lean)
pearl onions (fresh or frozen..if fresh, peel them..use about a cup)
dijon mustard
Herbs de Provence (I found that in the dry spice section)
chicken stock (low fat, low sodium)

Spray a roasting pan with pam and put chops in pan
Brush the pork chops with mustard and sprinkle with Herbs de Provence.
Put in 400 degree oven till brown..

the sauce:
Put onions and a half cup of chicken stock in a sauce pan, reduce on stove top till it is reduced by about half. Then add a sprinkle of Herbs de Provence and 1/4 cup of dijon mustard and let it thicken a bit.

Serve the sauce over the chops...
it was great and tres fancy!

I also served ww pasta with olive oil, garlic, parsley and parm cheese,
and an avocado salad and a broccoli and cauliflour medley.

My MIL said "this is DIET food??"..
Old 07-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #303  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Golden Girls . . .

Just noticed that FloridaRusty opened a new thread for July . . . so here is a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116584 . . . and I'll just close this one to avoid confusion.

Hope everybody has a great day . . .
Closed Thread