Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #166  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday!!! Its been a busy couple of days here. We both had Friday off so got some badly needed shopping done (it was payday LOL). Both vehicles went in for service and I sent my sweetie off for a badly needed haircut. In the late afternoon my little loaner dog went home - -funny even after three days I miss her. Saturday morning we were up and out early to help my sister-in-law and her husband move. Tons of guys were helping but she was alone working in the kitchen when I got there (she is 5 month pregnant). I ended up going out to buy her some staples for a kitchen - she didn't own any storage containers for her dry goods and just two weeks earlier had to throw everything out due to meal worms - nasty creatures. I had to give her the "I love Tupperware" talk LOL. It was just as well I was able to buy her a combination housewarming/first anniversary gift.

So am going to do a couple of walks today - get my laundry done - -I have precooked some chicken for myself because tomorrow is my first day at BOOTCAMP - YIKES. On our schedule one of the first things they do is fitness assesment - timed run (I hope she brings a calendar to time me) sit ups etc etc. I will let you know how it goes -- if I can do as many sit ups as my waist measurement I will be surprised LOL. I guess a goal is to trade the two numbers by the end -- although I guess a 15" waist is beyond impossible.

To all my fabulous GOLDEN GIRLS - -
Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #167  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Hi gals

I am back from a 500 mile round trip. When I drive for so long I make a stop so that I can get a little stretching and a small walk.....this time I went to Wal-mart......walk around their parking lot 3 times (that was a mile) you should have seen the employees look at me!!

Ok...I am trying to be knowledgeable and alll....but I finallly have to break down and admit ignorance......what is a Flat Out???

Thanks for the up date with the Red Hat party. We were waiting for the final update....glad you make it through.

Health eating......if you're not doing it....seems you can't appreciate it....but one day will come when they will be forced to the same route, and then they will appreciate that YOU did it, so it will give them an idea on how to do it too!

Bike::: I am getting reallyl jealous reading about the biking already, I may be forced to get my bike working soon....eventually I will have to post a picture as the bike is at least 50 years old.....got to see if I can get it to work.

Welcome to the new comers.
Hugs to all....thanks for the updates.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday's visit to the Boehm factory was REALLY great. We saw each step of how the porcelains are made. Amazing number of steps - no wonder they are so expensive.

This evening, the scrapbooking store where we go to scrap is having an anniversary to celebrate the current owner's first year. My 2 scrapping friends and I are invited and will attend.

Yesterday, I thought I was eating right - and I walked after lunch - but this morning I'm up a pound. Will try to do better today. I'm off to the gym now. Will check back later.

Lynn
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies- I'm going to the store today and get some good stuff to put in my frig. I'm completely out of fruit and all I have that counts as a veggie is broccoli and cauliflower. I was just reading a thread about what to put on a salad and I have a lot of good ideas to work with.

Joanne- How did the Boot Camp go?

Margaret- Flat Out is a flat bread you can use several different ways.

Lynn- Don't fret over the weight gain. I gain every Monday. The weekends are terrible for me.

OK, I'm off to the shower so I can get to WalMart to do my shopping.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #170  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Cool Happy Monday

..At least it's sunny here...had a good weekend, but slipped up yesterday a bit. There was a contest at church to pick a winning apple crisp recipe for our Apple Fest planned for the fall. About 10 people baked a pan of the yummy stuff and then, of course, you had to try each one in order to vote. Then I had the left-over of my entry for dessert. (Mine did not win, and in fact got no votes...oh well...I liked it ((too much)).

I did yard work most of the afternoon with my DH and walked about 4 miles on Saturday so maybe the scale will be kind tonite. I weigh in weekly on Monday nights at TOPs. I'll let you know

Flat Out is a flat bread that has very high fiber and low carbs. Our supermarket finnaly got it in this week, so I bought some yesterday and will be trying it out this week.

Soo, I'm at work and need to get back on the ball here...

Later all..

Lyn
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #171  
Lifetime Loser

Hi,

Don't worry Lynn, we know the lbs. will drop if we just stay on course. I think I finally dropped that 1/2 lb. I've been fighting with all week.

Lyn, I bet your applecrisp was excellent and I don't blame you for testing the others....sounds yummy.

Paula, I need to go shopping today myself. Almost out of fresh fruit, one apple left I think and I will have to fight my dh for that! lol

Moxie, good for you walking around Walmarts parking lot......I bet you did get some stares. I walked 6 miles last week with my WTPO dvd and ready to do my first mile for this week in a few minutes.

Back later, Phyllis
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #172  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Gals!
I finally changed my goal weigh ticker, I had it set for 135 because I thought I'd be lucky to get down that far. I'm going to get down to 130 and then keep it there, last week I only lost .50 pound but I'll take it. Like I said to Wanda, better than nuttin'.

Wanda… Congrats on the .75 lbs. loss, better than nuttin’
Wulfcwen…
Quote:
Fish oil to lower cholesterol! that sounds interesting. I take a pill very day to keep mine down but if it could be lowered by taking fish oil that would be great.
Just be aware of the calories, 2 Fish Oil soft gels have 25 calories and I take 4 a day (50 calories) and one Salmon oil softgel (10 calories)
Ella… I’m brilliant in my own mind too! I actually think having a great image of yourself is very healthy.
Quote:
I’m rather enjoying it as my “alone” time. I even imagine myself as a great athlete - sometimes when I’m pedaling along furiously (just prior, in most cases, to coasting just as furiously) I imagine myself to be “in the zone”. Yesterday morning I was humming “We Are The Champions”.

Theresa… Interesting article on the benefits of Omega-3. I was especially interested in the Arthritis and less stiffness by taking it. DH has mild depression and I have him on the omega-3 also.
Phyllis… Do you have your own private pool and when can we all camp out around it? Let’s party!
Lynn… Good idea to write it on notepad, I’m doing that right now. Congrats on the 2 lbs. loss.
Paula… Yah, tell me about it, DH has spent a small fortune on all his Old West clothes, jeans, dusters, etc.
Quote:
Bobbi- Thank you for your compliment on my sewing. I am always amazed to see how much people are willing to pay for items sight unseen. An there is no way I would pay what I charge for a costume to be worn in a school play, but I'm glad some people don't have a problem with it.

Karen… There’s always the farmer market for fresh vegies. Why are you taking your ticker off for the month. Will you not be checking in? I just hope that doesn’t back fire on you, the ticker keeps us motivated. You’ve already lost 24 pounds and we’d all hate to see you undo the great success you’ve had so far.
JayJay… I can’t wait until you fill us in on what you did today at Boot Camp. I was thinking you’d go away (stay there), but evidently it’s a day camp?
Moxie… Flat Out is not actually a bread, it’s a flat wrap. A large oval shape (7 X 10 inch), have “Light” and regular and a couple of flavors. The original light has 90 calories/ 9 grams of fiber and make excellent wraps for sandwich meat, eggs, etc. I like to toast them in a toaster oven until crisp, then top with FF/SF pudding and cool whip. You can sprinkle with Cinnamon and Splenda, then toast until crisp for a tasty little snack. I love Applesauce and cool whip on them too. The Light Italian makes great pizza’s.
Lynn... Why didn't you do like the wine tasters do, taste and spit! I've actually done that before. When I bake cookies for my grandkids I'll take a bit, taste it and spit it out, no kidding!
Hi everyone I missed!
P.S. Tomorrow I'll start a new May ~Golden Girls~ thread as this one is getting pretty lengthy. I'm so glad we have so many gals our age contributing.
Have a great day, bobbi
Old 04-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm back from the store. I bought some of the flat out bread. They had a big display with the bread. I got the orginial and the Italian. I'm making a turkey pepperoni pizza with on of the Italian ones.

Lyn- Don't eat too much of that Apple Crisp. Give it to a neighbor. Can't wait to hear how much weight you've lost this week.

Phyllis : I'm glad that 1/2 pound is finally gone. You've made it over the hurdle.

Bobbi- : Good News on the 1/2 pounds. I'll take a half pound at a time. At least it's a loss.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Question A Challenge?

I have found (from my experience on other threads) that challenges are inspirational to me. Is anyone interested in a 4th of July challenge?

Lynn
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #175  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Ok finally got a chance to get caught up with everyone. Geesh we are one busy group with so many varied activities - well named us GOLDEN GIRLS!!! I promise to have a full report tomorrow after my first night at bootcamp.

Time to get caught up before we start the May thread (great idea Bobbi!!)

Cheryl - congrats on the 3" lost

Ella -- as always a joy to see your posts!!! You have bike clothes -- well I just bought my second "sports" bra -- not easy to find in a 40D. I also sense a theme with "Queen" Bicycle Races and now We are the Champions!!! Great group with fabulous songs!!!

Luflic - congrats on 4 weeks "sober"

Thriftywife -

Paula - your Red Hat groups sounds like a blast. What is the average age - -my mom's chapter is all in late 60's to 80 something. For that reason they meet in the day time. Although we were at a charity fashion show last month and there were two groups there -- well behaved too I might add LOL.

Wulfcwen - congrats on 3 pounds gone

Bobbi - your garden is only something I ever dreamed of. One of my problems is that unless I can do something full out I don't really enjoy. I was limited for many reasons about many things -- gardening was one of them. So I can vicariously garden through you and your DH

Phyllis - Bobbi's article about Plateaus was part of my inspiration to join the fitness bootcamp. Doing a lot of walking is great but its good to mix things up. Can you incorporate some sort of strength training -- all you need is 3 - 5 pounds weights. My strength training classes have done wonders for me in many ways.

Lynn - congrats on the 2 pounds gone The factory tour sounds so lovely. We don't have any factories here -- ok there are some really dull ones and we do have an incredible chocolate factory but that is the last tour I need to partake in LOL. Depends on the challenge -- as long as I doesn't mean weighing in I might be in. We are off on vaction for some of June. Ok I was going to be a bratty Canadian and ask why July 4th -- but I can't even pull off that with a straight face. Actually July 4, 2004 was when I met my sweet darling.

Lyn - apple crisp is one of my many weaknesses I am sure yours was lovely. Any chance you can freeze it into manageable portions -- I don't think that frozen apple crisp is that good -- unlike cookie dough (experience talking here LOL)

Hi to Wanda, Theresa, Flutterby and Moxie and to anyone else I may have missed.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Ladies,
Gosh it seems like I have been busy all day today and not got near as much doen as I wantd too! But I got my laptop computer all updated with anti-virus and have it all ready to go on our trip.

Bobbi, I was thinking about what you said and maybe I should put up an exercise goal for May. I know it won't be close to what I have been doing since I will be setting in the truck for at least 1o days travel time. But having some type of goal to work towards will maybe keep me somewhat on track while I'm gone. I will be checking in everytime that I have an internet connection though!! We stay in State Parks while traveling but one we get to my Dad's or Tim's Dad's I can get the internet there.

We're still finishing up some projects around here and will have the neighbor keep an eye on things while we are gone. We did have soem people come and look at the 5th wheel trailer that we have for sale but never called or came back. So I guess if we don't sell it we will take it and then advertise it again when we get back.

Lynn- I'd like to participate in a 4th of July challenge... I'm going to have to give some thought as to just what I would feel comfortable to aim for but it sounds good! I'll bet that apple crunch was fantastic too!

Yea Phyllis!! You just had to show that 1/2 pound who was boss!!! I hate being such good friends with these pounds that like to stick around!!

Moxiesd--- I'll have to remember that walking around the Walmart parking lot while we are traveling!! That sounds like a good idea.

Jayjay--- I'm looking forward to hearing about your bootcamp.. I'll bet it gets intense too.

Anybody have any good ideas for snacks on this trip that I have coming up??? It's about 4500 miles round trip so there is a lot of time just being on the road!

Guess I'd better get back to finishing up dinner. Sorry to you that I missed and I'll catch you after a bit. Have a good evening. Karen
Old 05-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #177  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Please go to new
~Golden Girls~ May~ post!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #178  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi All!

Have been working in the garage and out in the yard for the last several days! Whew! There's ALMOST room for one car in our garage now! Woo! Hoo!

I planted three hydrangea bushes out back and also put in a scalloped brick edging for my new rock garden. I've been wanting to clear out that area out back FOR YEARS! Ain't retirement wonderful?

My abs were sore for several days after my double workout. THEN I was lifting those brick edgings and digging the holes for those bushes. My body said, "Hey, Cheryl! What ARE you doing to me?!" I just take my two Arthritis Strength Tylenol, wait about twenty minutes, and my body thinks everything is good again!

Oh, and I have been worrying about my VERY unsightly spider veins and purple bruise marks and bumpy balled veins in my legs. Ugh! I bought Banana Boat Light to Medium self-tanning lotion and tried it yesterday. The veins and bumps and purple blotches are there, but they don't stand out quite so much now. I can wear my capri pants to the track meet today without being so embarassed about the looks of my poor legs!

Cheryl
Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #179  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Please go to new
~Golden Girls~ May~ post!
Hey Cheryl -- Maybe you'd like to repost -- over here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111350 . . .
Closed Thread