Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #31  

Good Morning Ladies...Just a quick post this morning. I'm doing good food wise this week, but it hasn't been easy. FD gave the computer a virus, so I won't be back till Monday if I'm lucky. The computer is soooooooooooo slow and takes forever to boot up, then it freezes. Very frustrating!!!!!! Needless to say, she will not be allowed on it again. Weather wise, it has been beautiful and the snow has been melting till today. Winter just wants to hang on and not give Spring her chance to shine. It is snowing and blowing, and ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Have a good weekend and to you all.

Cheryl
Old 03-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Cheryl, for you pc. there are 2 little programs you can run anytime you want to. they both remove cookies and bad adaware.

this is a link to both. I run both daily
http://www.lavasoft.de/products/ad-a...e_personal.php

http://www.ccleaner.com/

You were talking about the weather. Boy has it been strange here.
2 days ago it was sunny and 71 . last night we had like 2 inches of rain and a TORNADO just the next town over. SNOW again this morning. its nuts!
There is a saying about our area. If you don't like the weather.... wait 10 min. it will change. lol its true.

Hy, I HAVE shrunk 2 inches and I am only 49! Osteoporosis. whole family has it. I can not afford to shrink more, at 5 ft.

thanks for the willpower dust. needed it.
I went to CURVES my 3 times too. and walked the tread mill last night for 50 min.

I joined a thing at curves last night. have to work 3 times a week at curves. work out somewhere else on off nights. and loose 10 pounds in 10 weeks.

well its been along day, take care.
see you soon.
Theresa
Old 03-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 208/197/128

Height: 5'6"

Theresa sounds like you are doing great. 10 pounds in 10 weeks is very possible. Does that mean you take no days off from exercise for 10 weeks. You definitely will loose those 10 pounds and possibly more.
Sorry to hear about your PC problems. I think there is a free virus detection removal program....maybe try pctools.com. Hope you get it cleared up.
Oh I remember weather just like you are describing. Can't say I miss it. If I remember correctly everybody gets sick with that changeable weather. I've had a really bad day so I am going to turn in and read a little bit. Jen
Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna72664 View Post
THERESA: Good for you joining Curves just be really careful about those exercises that hurt your knee. I work for a physical therapist and we have to tell some patients that Curves is good for them but some of those machines are not. Be sure you check with your doctor when you go, the last thing you want to do is hurt your knees permantly.

DONNA

Donna, I agree bigtime with your comments to Theresa concerning Curves. NOT bashing it in the least but I have been working out with a trainer since 1998 and am at this point pretty familiar with machines and proper form and such. A couple years ago a new Curves opened in my town and I thought I'd check it out - it never hurts to "mix it up" a bit when it comes to exercise.

At the Curves I visited (which may not have been the norm) I definitely saw a lot of bad form, mostly due to how that equipment worked - the repetitions people did were very fast and jerky and hello??? That does NOT help any joints. I appreciate that women need a safe and nuturing place to work out and I do very much like that part of the concept of Curves.

Still it's a dilema, as you need to do something to get in your exercise, but I think you have to be very careful with these hydraulic pieces of exercise equipment so you don't end up creating a joint problem. JMO however.

Hy
Old 03-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
I have medical conditions that make me want to do It all gradual.Theresa

Theresa this is the ONLY way to do it!! Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. You have started on the path to a bright future by understanding your conditions and having a game plan. I'm confident you'll reach your goal.

Many of your medical issues may improve a lot after a few months, so that of course is incentive to keep on the program that works for you.

BTW, I loved your "4 feet, 12 inches" LOL!!!!!

Hy
Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna72664 View Post
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]HY: I think I'm going to go to the library and check on the web about your diet. My trip to the Dr. didn't turn out all that fantastic. My thyroid is doing really good on the new medicine I started on last year, much better than it was. It is my cholesterol I really expected it to be much better this time. I exercise most days and my eating is better than a year ago, but it went up again. My good is really good and my triglycerides are great but my bad got worse. Now what is up with that ? My Dr. said she will give me 3 months to get it better with diet and exercise, if it doesn't she wants me on meds. I DON'T WANT TO GO ON MEDS!!!!!! DONNA

Donna the low-carb eating programs are helpful for the lowering cholesterol deal. Not the cure-all, but low-carb definitely helps with the high LDL and Tri's. (I know as I have the good SUPER high HDL but high LDL also - fortunately Tri's are OK) The low-carb lowered my LDL number.

Anyway, I'm glad you're reading the books and investigating a bit - as you said before, these type of diets just may not be for you, but at least you're willing to check out what they are and what they purport to accomplish.

Understand your hesitancy about going onto meds - I know there are indeed some wonderful medicines available these days but everyone should weigh those decisions carefully, I think.

Hugs
Hy
Old 03-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijude View Post
Hy can you tell me about your thyroid....I have a thyroid issue and am on a small dose of synthryoid that I guess I will be on for life now. Jude

Jude I've been both Hyper- and Hypo- in my adult life (it seems to swing back a forth and from what I understand that's pretty typical.) Right now I take Armour Thyroid for Hypo and my blood works show that this is keeping all in a normal range. So in other words, it's working for me

It was also discovered last year that I had nodules in my thyroid, being of the size and type that I had to have biopsies (ugh) and eventually have gone onto a treatment protocol that seems to have effectively caused them to shrink according to my latest ultrasound.

I've been seen by excellent Endos and Endos that I personally feel were quacks - I'm not sure why Thyroid issues seem to attract such extremes - lol!!

Oh I'm going to have to finish another time, my older cardiac-patient dog is having a coughing fit! HOPE it it not heart-related - please say a prayer?

Hy
Old 03-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #38  

Quote:
Oh I'm going to have to finish another time, my older cardiac-patient dog is having a coughing fit! HOPE it it not heart-related - please say a prayer?

Hy

Whew, she must have just swallowed something wrong? This is the life I lead with 2 older dogs that are cardiac patients and their vet cardiologist (yes, there are those - lol!) pretty much says that you just never know...well thanks for that helpful insight!! Nah, I'm glad she was OK, it's just kind of worrisome to never know if it's something serious or just a burp, cough or whatever.

She was coughing and spitting up water, tried to take a drink on her own and spit that up also, but just petting her got her quieted down.

Sorry if I scared anyone!

Hy
Old 03-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #39  

Cheryl just wanted to say that I was sorry to hear that you had some issues with your eye and have an upcoming surgery. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

And a computer virus - yuk! Hope you can get back to the group soon.

Hy
Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #40  

Hi all,
I have been busy and keep forgetting to see how everyone is. Sounds like everyone has been busy

I have been working out almost everyday. took off Friday.

Hy , glad your dog is OK. Dogs are wonderful to have around, even if they make a furry mess.

Cheryl Good luck with your surgery, will think of you in my prayers.

Donna, The women at curves know about my bad knee, and have been helping me. it feels better, Thanks.

Fridays are my crazy day.

Son and family comes over for the afternoon.
Including that little girl in the pic.
Jessie is the sweetest baby in the world. NOOOO!! I am not prejudiced

She will be 2 in July. Just under 20 pounds. Not walking just yet. probably will be quite awhile. She has cerable palsy. Not severe.
Anyway Fridays, keep me busy. playing with her, cooking, etc. love my Fridays.

I have been keeping my average calories about 1400. with fat and carbs averaging about 1/4 of that each.

I have to find something I can do and stick with, to loose more. Seems like I am always eating. and drinking WATER!!!!.
I don't think I have lost any more weight yet. Its depressing. Maybe I need to step up the treadmill. Its less work on my knees.

I do want to thank all of you for the support you share with each other and me. It makes such a difference to have someone that knows what you are going through.

DD is acting like she might be getting into this a little more. She has been kind of lazy about. Letting me decide what we eat. and eating junk in between. Worries me to death. Its a good thing she is eating what I provide for dinner and lunch. That helps some.
WELL GOING back to the treadmill.

have A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

Theresa
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #41  

HI, Good Morning! Hope all are well today.

I have a question.
If you look at my Fitday. Can you see a reason for little to none on the weight loss?
I feel like I am eating none stop. And still can't hardly make my self eat 1600 cal. (without junk )

I do workout about 30 min. or more 6 days a week.
Why I am Not loosing????

Theresa
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #42  

Hi everyone...

As most of you know, I started the South Beach Diet at a friend's request (she wanted a buddy) March 01 and am now at day 18. Unfortunately my friend had some medical issues come up so she decided to drop out of the SBD for now, maybe to try again later. But I decided to stick with it.

I've been on a low-carb eating program for a few years now with some indulgences (lol!) along the way but I had committed to doing SB so have done it strickly. I did weigh myself last weekend and again today and I've lost 2.5 pounds for the week. That made me feel pretty good

Have to say that it does require pre-planning and sometime seems a bit boring but that is what I need :-) One thing that's great for me when it comes to low-carb is that I can eat until I feel satisfied. Getting the right proteins and fats do make you feel fuller more quickly, imo. And it's a process; the first days I ate quite a bit, but within the "allowed" food list only. Now I can see my overall appetite is not as great as that first week. So you have to give these programs time (more than a few days or even weeks!!) to do their thing

NOT pushing low-carb or SBD, just sharing what seems to be working for me.

Hy
Old 03-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #43  

Quote:
I have a question.
If you look at my Fitday. Can you see a reason for little to none on the weight loss?
I feel like I am eating none stop. And still can't hardly make my self eat 1600 cal. (without junk )

I do workout about 30 min. or more 6 days a week.
Why I am Not loosing????

Theresa

Theresa first let me say that I'm not an expert but I can give you a couple things to consider...

One, if you are working out then you may be building muscle and that will screw up the numbers on the scales a bit - meaning that you may be losing inches and gaining muscle (and muscle is heavier in weight than fat) so your scales will just sit there at the same number...for awhile anyway.

The other possibility is that you aren't getting enough calories (of the right kind) and that kicks your metabolism into a starvation mode - I know it sounds so weird, but Google it and you can read all kinds of medical papers on this deal.

It's helps so much mentally and emotionally to see a loss on the scales but sometimes the scales don't reflect the work you've put in for that week. Try not to get discouraged, see what happens next week and if you're still not getting any results within a couple more weeks, then perhaps it is time to start investigating a different program.

Hope this helps a bit! Hugs

Hy
Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #44  

Quote:
Son and family comes over for the afternoon.
Including that little girl in the pic.
Jessie is the sweetest baby in the world. NOOOO!! I am not prejudiced

She will be 2 in July. Just under 20 pounds. Not walking just yet. probably will be quite awhile. She has cerable palsy. Not severe.

Theresa

She is an absolute doll!! Love her picture, I noticed right away before I even read your post.

Hy
Old 03-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

HY: Thanks for your support, sounds like you are doing really great with the SBD.2.5 lbs is a wonderful loss. Congrats!!!! I am impressed by how the Dr. explains how your body works with the kinds of foods you eat, it makes more sense than just telling you what or what not to eat. I am going to go out on a limb and say I am willing to give it a try but can't promise I can follow it to the letter. I believe it really can work but I'm not sure I can really give up good carbs and fruits for 2 full weeks. I already eat only the good carbs with a few exceptions on occassion, but I'll try really hard.
Donna
Closed Thread