Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-21-2017, 02:09 AM   #1  

Default Weight gain, depression and husbands

I was diagnosed with polycysctic ovarian syndrome almost 3 years ago. Since puberty, over 15 years ago, i have been on a steady weight incline. Pcos causes hormonal imbalances, trouble processing cetain types of foods and weight gain among many other symptoms. I have also been diagnosed with adhd, anxiety, and depression.
For over a year i was working out 1-2 hours 5 days a week with a trainer, eating a pcos proper diet with a dietician and not losing any weight at all. After an injury on my porch steps i couldnt work out for a little while. The gym habit faded and in 3 months i gained am additional 20 pounds. My eating habits never changed; i continued my pcos diet.
I havr alsways fat shamed myself. Always thinking i look disgusting in anything i wear amd dressing to cover. My depression has gotten worse lately since realizing that my husband is not turned on by me laying on his chest and touching his chest and stomach. We still are intimate amd i feel his love whem he kisses me, bit i just dont feel as if he sees me as truly sexy anymore. I feel more disgusting now than i have ever have and i want to just stop eating. Supervised diet and excersie dont help me lose weight and if i dont excercise vigorously, i gain weight rapidly. I just dont know what to do about it anymore. I hate feeling this way about myself. I hate looking in the mirror. I hate that cant keep up with my children. I hate that my husband doesnt find me sexy. All i do is cry about my weight

Last edited by Rfenton411; 08-21-2017 at 02:16 AM.
Rfenton411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

This has to be really hard for you, but I think you have posted in the right spot. It sounds like, right now, the issue is not about weight so much as it about depression. Why do you think your husband is no longer turned on by you laying on his chest? Has he said so? Or is it depression lying to you? If you're not in therapy, you might consider it. Maybe once the depression eases a bit, you can start figuring out how to make the weight loss work. PCOS creates lots of additional challenges, but I know that there are treatments that might aid. It sounds like you have adopted some of them. Maybe you can work with different health professionals to find a strategy that works better for you?

Good luck working through this. It sounds like your husband is on your side? If so, he can make a fantastic ally if you allow him to be.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
This has to be really hard for you, but I think you have posted in the right spot. It sounds like, right now, the issue is not about weight so much as it about depression. Why do you think your husband is no longer turned on by you laying on his chest? Has he said so? Or is it depression lying to you? If you're not in therapy, you might consider it. Maybe once the depression eases a bit, you can start figuring out how to make the weight loss work. PCOS creates lots of additional challenges, but I know that there are treatments that might aid. It sounds like you have adopted some of them. Maybe you can work with different health professionals to find a strategy that works better for you?

Good luck working through this. It sounds like your husband is on your side? If so, he can make a fantastic ally if you allow him to be.
Thank you for your response. He is an excellent support and always has been. Im not sure what it is but ill address the depression at this point
Rfenton411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:29 AM   #4  

Default Pcos diet

Sorry things aren't going well. I hope by now you are feeling less insecure about your husband. It's hard to understand someone can be attracted to you when you don't like what you see in the mirror.

What kind of pcos diet are you following? I have heard of a couple. If you are going to the gym that much you might be changing shape but not losing weight. Maybe include measuring hips, waist, arms, thighs. Sometimes oral meds can be given for pre-diabetics to level out insulin and also sometimes the thyroid isn't working well.

My weight changes throughout the month depending on hormones. Maybe some of the weight is water that will fall off easily.

Good luck to us all !
Tothestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:10 AM   #5  

what is your current diet?
Alex74874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #6  

Perhaps much of what you think of your husband is your own biased projection.
Mrs. Fat is offline   Reply With Quote