South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Beach Chat, Weekend August 19-20

Good morning! Coffee is on! That's about it, so far
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, Debbie! I love a hot cup on a Saturday when I have no responsibilities and can sit and enjoy it!

Not really sure what is on the agenda today. Mix up hummingbird food. Pick tomatoes and cukes. Maybe a walk. Guess I should assess the laundry....Real exciting life I lead. lol

Have a good morning chicks and I'll BBL.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

OK. I've had a cuppa coffee and I'm waking up now. I have an hour to get the car packed up and meet my friend at the pool. I will leave right from there. My girlfriend on the other side said they striped the road yesterday and opened it. It will be a unique experience to park in front of my house and have traffic again.

My original plan for yesterday was to do nothing LOL but I went to an AA meeting then called the little girlfriend who I had help through chemotherapy. I had actually contacted her earlier in the day. She needed some help with her knitting. I had given her the initial lesson on making prayer shawls but she had got goofed up somehow. When I got over to her house, I couldn't quite figure out what she had done. Eventually I figured that somehow she had gotten many extra stitches on her needles. The shawl had started out with 62 and she had almost 200 stitches on the needle. The only solution was to pull it all out. I finally pulled it out to within 2 inches and got the original back on. I knit a couple of rows then handed over to her. As suspected, at the beginning of each row she was going into the stitch below so actually adding a stitch on the each end every time she completed a row. That took all afternoon but I'm glad I took the time. It means a lot to her because she has so much time on her hands. I'm hoping now she can get back to a good start.

OK, well I do best get moving. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-19-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in, the concert was great last night and best part DD1 made breakfast when she got in from work so all I needed to do was make my tea. Looks to be a beautiful, what to do. DD1 will be sleeping since she worked all night, DD2 spent the night at a friends house and DH went to a baseball game and has some kind of 80's tour with some of his buddies. I have the day to myself lol. I do need to clean house but laundry is pretty much caught up.

Debbie glad you were able to help your friend out, when I used to knit I always ended up with more stitches as well probably doing the same thing. Whehwoo for the project being completed.

Beth enjoy your day, I love Saturdays.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Saturday. We've been up and at it for a while since I had to leave early to pick up the bread for sale at the Mill. Not too hard to drive through beautiful green fields and meadows dotted with black and white cattle! There already were folk at the Mill waiting for me although we don't open until 10.

My wonderful man has just finished lugging buckets of water for me so I can water the outside plants and baskets which are finally looking good. We have sliding glass doors in one wall of our bedroom which open onto the deck and that area is now our favourite place for morning coffee. I'm about to do that and then pull some of the weeds from my raised veggie bed. No sense planting anything now but it'll be cleaned up for spring. After that laundry, a shower and get into period dress to do some tours at the Mill - big Village Open Doors thing happening today. Tonight our book club meets down at the Lake - along with 100 mosquitoes per person.

Enjoy the weekend girlfriends.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth I would have coffee there every morning.

Debbie I've done that too. Now when I attempt to knit I watch a you tube video as a reminder

Beth my life is just as exciting as yours. Hey the less drama the better. Scales, mine included, get stuck in summer. I blame it on the humidity.

Pearlrose what a nice way to wake up. Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Been running more like driving since my day began at 5. I actually spent time in 5 different counties today while working. Glad to be off for two days. Came home ravenous and lucky me found a Chinese food menu in my mailbox. As tempting as it was I elected to make a single serve pizza. I found this great gluten free flat bread which is the perfect size for a pizza for 1. The crust does not count as vegetarian since there is Parmesan cheese in the ingredient. Hit the spot. Now its time for laundry and some food prep. I hope to go riding tomorrow. Pain in the butt and all lol.

Enjoy your evening

Last edited by jekel383; 08-19-2017 at 05:11 PM.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning....so I played a game with myself this week and did not check my weight. LOL well I am up a pound from last Sunday. I'm good with this since it shows me I don't always have to be diligent with logging my food choices. I am looking forward to spending time with my son next weekend. Sunday will be cut short so I can get on the road and hopefullly get a few hours in before it gets dark. I am going to try and find some things to do in the area. Even if its only mini golf or bowling. He has to back Saturday by 7:30 (his request as he cannot be late for their evening muster at 8:45). The hotel has a gym and a pool which I plan on taking advantage of.

Heading to Joe's in a few hours. I made a chickpea and avocado salad which we will have over spinach for lunch. He wants to try a new steakhouse that opended for dinner. I'm sure I can find something suitable for me.

Have a great day
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Jennifer, what an exciting weekend you have coming up! Your chickpea and avocado salad sounds really good! I haven't been that creative lately LOL

It's time for me to get moving. I need to leave in the next 15 minutes. I hope work is busy today. It was too dark to look in the greenhouse this morning but maybe I can begin before I leave. I've gathered things to make refrigerator Dillpickle's when I get home from work. That is, if I feel like it. It looks like a beautiful day here although it's getting a little chilly at night. Oh well. The seasons pass.

I'm feeling a little left out since I'm so close to the viewing area for the total eclipse. There wasn't a lot of traffic heading west yesterday. It seems everyone is heading north. I work and don't have any glasses so I guess my best viewing will be on the TV which is OK.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Jennifer, enjoy your day off and dinner with Joe. I am sure you are excited about your trip coming up!

Debbie, we are WAY off the viewing path so I will watch the eclipse on TV too. I actually heard some expert say that was the best way to do it since you would get the best view and not have to worry about burning out your eyes. Hope work is the right amount of busy.

Ruth, hope you enjoyed book club and it wasn't too hot to give tours in period dress. Enjoy the day.

Pearlrose, what did you end up doing with your free time?

Yesterday ended up being a walk and a BJs run. I got a pork loin and will make pulled pork in the crock pot in the next day or two. Today I may talk DH into a drive into the mountains.

Have a good day all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday I ended up a doing complete cleaning of the house including dusting . Picked up DD2 at around 1 p.m. and we went grocery shopping, exciting right... I made cauliflower crust pizza last night for dinner so good and have left overs for the a couple of meals. Today not sure what is on agenda we will probably go out for lunch and catch a matinee movie.

Jekel sounds like you have a wonderful weekend coming up with DS enjoy.

Debbie we are in the path of totality. Where we live it's only 99 % I would have to go about 30 minutes west to get 100%. I don't want to deal with the traffic, we bought glasses and I work from home so I will go outside and see what I can see.

Beth your day yesterday was about the same as mine

Ruth hope you enjoyed your book club and did not get to many bug bites.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:43 AM   #11  

Ty guys!
nickvoz is offline   Reply With Quote