Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #1  
Raven

Location: I live in a very small dog mushing community in the heart of interior Alaska.

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Overweight, shy and new here

Hello out there! My name is Raven. I am a 62 year old fat grandma who quit smoking after 40 years and gained almost 50 pounds. I would really, REALLY love to have a weight loss buddy to connect with on a daily basis...someone who needs encouragement too. I'm sorta shy but I'm reaching my hand out to those of you reading this
AlaskaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Raven, good to see you. My aunt used to have a home in Alaska for a long time. I want to lose about 50 pounds too, and would be happy to buddy up with you. Congratulations on quitting smoking! I know the pounds may seem like it wasn't such a good deal, but my mother smoked for many years and ended up not being able to cross the room. You can take the weight off!
mygoalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #3  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Raven, and welcome!

I, too, am a fat grandma! I have also gained 50 pounds, partly after quitting smoking in 2006 and then the rest after starting 2nd shift a couple of years later.

I have decided to make healthy choices and not to stress too much about it. I recently read an article about how bad it is to worry about being out of shape! It makes sense to me, because I tend to become laser focused and obsessive...not a good way to feel. I'm going to be 55 in a little over a year, and I'd like to lose around 45 pounds by then. I should be able to do that without too much craziness! What kind of time goal are you looking at?
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:10 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi, Raven! I'm a 62 year old too, a fat spinster! I haven't given up smoking (never started), so have nothing to blame apart from overeating, dieting but not persisting - but this time, determined!

Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Raven and welcome! I'm a fellow Alaskan, down in Eagle River.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote