South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-24-2017, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 7/24-7/28

WOW I just realized I have a century bike ride in 13 days!!!! Oh boy I don't know if I am ready for this one. I've been slacking in the consistency department. Fortunately I do know the route and it is fairly flat which should help.

Just found out my brother from England will be here in August. Lots of family drama with this one. I'll be nice and see him, but we are definitely not close at all.

It is cool and rainy here today which is really a nice change. I actually slept without the AC and have the windows open. I do need a few things from the grocery store, but I'll wait until later to go.

I took everything out of the half bath. Drained the water from the potty (that was fun lol). I did manage purge a lot of expired and not used stuff. Everything fit in one plastic tote. Today I will make some calls to schedule estimates. I did make a wish list on Home Depot. The only thing I am undecided on is the floor.

Oh well time for coffee. Anyone care to join me?
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Jennifer and chicks to come!

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started this morning! I guess you have a busy week ahead. LOL. Glad the right route Is flat you will do fine!

I am having my final cup of coffee before heading into work. Got a few chores done this morning I think I am ready for the day!

Have a great start to the week everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday. We are drowning here with rain pouring all night and huge flashes of lightening and almost sonic booms. Some of the fair rigs came in overnight so it was a noisy night. Have not seen a storm like this in years!

Trying to get back to a relatively normal lifestyle this week despite the Fair just down the street. Weight has stayed the same despite all the stress, sadness and poor food choices - sometimes there were no GOOD food choices. We'll see how the week goes. Bruce has to judge the pies contest/auction at the Fair and wants me to help. I am insisting that I will do only the visual parts. This being a parson's wife is not easy!

Right now we are getting ready to go for Monday morning coffee at the Church. I will be taking a big plate of leftover cookies from the freezer stash and that should get rid of the remains of the wedding goodies. he cake was demolished first - "best wedding cake ever" was the concensus.

Enjoy the tip of the week.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:41 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a sunny day here so far not to bad out there. DD2 has guard camp for band this week, wasn't too hard to get her up today Yesterday's food choices were not good and the scale reflects that today. Today is back to Phase 1.5 to continue until cruise in a couple of weeks.

Jekel glad you got everything picked up in your bathroom, I hope you receive good estimates for doing.

Debbie hope the electrician is able to fix the oven today

Ruth that is great news that your weight stayed stable over the stressful weeks. We had a boomer of a storm but I think most of us slept thru it on Saturday night. It blew a lot of stuff over on my back deck. Is it fair week or this weekend?

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks. Had to work this morning, although it is pretty low-stress for a summer class. (The kids are doing a self-paced program so I am more like a tutor than teaching a class of 20 kids.) We are also having crazy down pours all day so it will be exercise inside and then I am going to test a new lasagna recipe. DH ordered some noodles made from lentils that he wants to try and I have a zucchini ready to pick in the garden so I think I will split the pan and make half and half. (Let me just say that the specialty groceries on Amazon are amazing!)

Ruth, good to see you back and it's awesome you were able to keep your weight steady. Be kind to yourself this week.

Pearlrose, can't believe DD is already at band camp but the summer is moving right along. I looked at sneakers this weekend but decided to wait until the back to school sales; they should be starting up any time!

Debbie, hope work goes smoothly today. Did the oven get fixed?

Jennifer, I would love to finish our bathroom re-do. We did the floor and toilet a while ago but now I would like to get rid of the mauve tub and sink! Hope you can get an affordable estimate.

Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:12 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

A quick hello as I hit the snooze alarm more than once this morning. I am enjoying a last cup of coffee, though.

The oven is still not fixed. He identified the issue with the wiring and is coming at noon. My friend will let the doggies out and put them in the upstairs bedroom. Hopefully they will still be here by the time I get home so we can see if the oven will work. In the end, this fix may cost as much as a Oven but the wiring issue will be resolved. It was a huge danger. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

OK, I've got to run! Have a great day everyone!

PS still eating on plan with no snacking at work. The scale moves down.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:39 AM   #7  

Morning, chicks.

I'm off to school this morning; it's still raining this morning so at least I won't be wishing I was in the garden instead. We'll see if it clears up enough to be outside this afternoon.

Debbie, the oven project must seem never-ending but you are right; it is important to get the wiring straightened out. Sounds like a potential fire hazard!

Have a good day, chicks. I need to fill my coffee and get moving.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #8  

Good morning,

It was quite nice this morning, but it will be heating up this afternoon as long as it's not muggy I am good with it. Tonight DH and I have concert tickets to see Nickelback. Friend from work is coming along with us so should be fun. Completed first day of op and the scale moved down this morning, need to stay focused.

Debbie, we had a similiar things about 10 years ago, water pipe burst in the bathroom and caused major ceiling damage in the kitchen below so we were replacing the ceiling and the person found melted wires from old wiring and said if it wasn't for the water you could have had a huge fire. They replaced that wiring to the kitchen ceiling fan, the rest of the wires had been replaced.

Beth hope it stops raining soon for you.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Beth, we are in the same deluge. Our sump pump ran most of the night and I am dreading going down into the cellar to check out any damage. Bruce is off putting finishing touches on closing up his flat. He did get rid of lots of stuff but we do have a full 5-drawer filing cabinet yet to come - full of sheets of music and texts of sermons from 1955!

I am going over to the Fair ground exhibit hall to put finishing touches on the schoolwork display and clean up my work area so baking and preserves can be set up in there tomorrow afternoon. The fairground track is under 6" of water as is the horse ring. Tomorrow the workers set up the rides - sure hope they can set up the rides OK in the waterlogged clay soil.

The kitchen is slowly adjusting to my skinny man's new style of eating. So far the scale has stayed at wedding weight. No foodie events are scheduled for the rest of this week which is a relief. The chicken BBQ at the Fair on Saturday is the only challenge - grilled chicken is OK but rice, potato and pasta salad is not! Sunday we have a 3rd birthday party for Maeve, my 3 year old great grandaughter, cute as a button and calls me "Great Roo"! BBQ burgers and birthday cake!

Please make the rain stop! Lake Sheridan has returned to the dogyard and the dogs get soaking wet even with a quick pit-stop.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #10  

Good morning, chicks!

I'm just waiting for the coffee to finish and then it will be off to school. The rain finally stopped yesterday and DH and I were able to take a walk We measure 3 1/2" between Sunday evening and yesterday morning. This afternoon I need to pick blueberries and maybe do a little bit of weeding.

Ruth, I hope things get a chance to dry out a little before the weekend. Good job on maintaining the weight.

Debbie, did the oven get fixed?

Pearlrose, hope you are continuing to get a break from the heat!

Got to fly! Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

The oven is up and running! Woo hoo! As a celebration gesture, I cleaned it this morning without using the nasty chemicals. It's been a long haul, but I'm grateful that I didn't have to throw this oven in the landfill and that the electrical issue is resolved.

Today I take mother for her eye appointment in Denver. I need to leave in about half an hour. I had one more project I wanted to accomplish but decided I'd rather not have to rush around. The good thing about projects is they always wait patiently for the next opportunity. LOL

Ruth and Beth, sorry you are getting so much rain. Hope it slows down.

Rose, I was the concert?

OK, I'd best get moving. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:46 AM   #12  

Good morning,

it is going to get hot again today, DH and DS and his GF are going to a concert that starts at 1 p.m. Van Warped tour, glad I am not going. DD2 is off to guard camp again today and I have lots of conference calls and PT appt today.

Beth glad the rain stopped so you could go for a walk outside

Debbie glad the oven is fixed. The concert was great, got even better once the sun went down and there was a breeze going

Ruth hope your sump pumps keep up and lake Sheridan goes down

Jekel I am sure you are ready for the century ride that is coming up.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Rainy day here but it brought cooler temps for the rest of the week, highs will be in the 80's whewhoo. Food has been op all week so far and scale is slowly moving on back down. Today nothing on the agenda other than DD2 has guard camp. DH is going to Guns n Roses concert tonight, I opted out not my cup of tea.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Rose, glad you're having a cool down! Yep, guns and roses not my thing either. I get a chuckle at your DH and all the concerts.

Yesterday was busy. I went to Denver twice. I think I'm going to day twice as well. T-Mobile is offering a great deal on a new iPhone 7. I think I'm going to do that since I am almost out of memory on mine. They open at nine it seems best to get there right after They open. . My mom and I will go down later to meet my sister for early dinner.. She is flying in from Portland. Until then, projects. I'm going out right now to try and change the electric eye on my outdoor lamp. I'm tired of it being pitch black in the morning. It will be better when they put the street lights up. We haven't had any since Project started last August.

Food remains OP with an occasional dip to phase 3. Will have phase 3 dinner tonight then right back at it. The scale is being kind when I do that.

OK I did better go out and disassemble this lamp before I lose interest. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good Thursday morning from Drippy Delta. Today will be only "intermittant rain" - an improvement from the past days of deluge.

The Fair opens this morning and I am going over shortly to welcome the large group of Homecraft judges. The schoolwork display is all done and the long west wall of the exhibit hall looks great! I have the prize list to post and that will be "it" until it's time to take down the display after the Fair and get the prize envelopes ready for the return of the schoolwork which won't happen until late September. Whew! Made it!

My darling husband made a little speech at dinner last night to tell me how much he appreciates the variety of what we have been eating. His first wife was a plain but good cook and he appreciates the change. When he was on his own, things were VERY simple - breakfast was sausage sliced up in a glass (for ease of stirring) with milk and corn flakes! Things have changed!

Right now, the sun is shining - I still recognize it! - and I'm about to hie me off to the Fair and do my thing! Catch y'all later.