Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #1  

Smile Slim Fast, anyone?

Hello there!

I didn't want to dredge up old threads from a year or two ago, so thought I'd create a new one.

I am currently using Slim Fast (actually the generic knock-off brand, Equate, which is from Walmart and much cheaper, but essentially the same stuff) to lose weight.

It's working well for me. I started on July 21st, 2017, and today is July 23rd, 2017, and I have lost four pounds in three days. Wow! I wasn't expecting for my weight to go down so quickly, but I'll definitely take it.

I am 40 years old, 5'4". My starting weight was 180 and my current weight is 176. I'd like to get down around 120-130 lbs, maybe a little less if my body decides it likes it there.

I'm looking for other people who are also doing Slim Fast (or a generic brand) to be support buddies with. Anyone out there?
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:39 PM   #2  

Just posting what I ate for today...

For breakfast I had 2 cups of decaf coffee with sugar and cream, a large fuji apple, and a strawberry shake.
For lunch I had a pita bread with hummus, and a french vanilla shake.

For dinner I plan on having chicken and potatoes, with a portion of yogurt covered pretzels for dessert.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #3  

Yesterday I had...

Breakfast: A cup of decaf coffee with cream and sugar, a strawberry shake, and an apple.
Lunch: Herbal tea, a whole wheat pita with hummus, and a vanilla shake
Dinner: Butter chicken with rice, and naan. I kept the portion smaller than usual, but even so I wasn't able to finish everything on my plate and gave the rest to my husband.

The scale has actually gone up a pound. That's okay, though. Weight fluctuates every day for one reason or another, so I'll be doing an official weigh in on Sunday.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

A few years back, I lost 20 lbs on Slim Fast. It can work. I basically used it just like they said, "a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a sensible dinner" and the pounds dropped off.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 5'4"

I plan on purchasing my shakes this weekend and starting my new diet on Sunday. I also need to put a new battery in my scale! So I can actually keep track and be accountable to myself. In the past I used to weight myself every morning and that really helped me to watch my food intake that day. But the battery died and I got lazy and today I am paying for it.
Do you exercise regularly?
sunsetbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:46 AM   #6  

Dee, that's great! Were you able to keep the 20 lbs off? I know some people have issues with that, but I think that's true of any diet if people don't make changes to their lifestyle when it comes to eating.

Sunsetbeach, I don't really exercise on purpose. I have a very active job as a grocery checker where I am on my feet for my entire shift. A lot of times I am lifting cases of water, pop, beer, bags of dogfood, giant cans... And then I also fill the milk and eggs, so I lift crates full of 4 gallons of milk. Add that to walking briskly around the store, going up and down a very long flight of stairs several times a day, and running outside to push shopping carts, and I'd say I'm pretty active. My arm muscles have gotten stronger, at least.

I also have three young children at home, all boys. So I do a lot with chasing them around, playing with them, lifting them, and cleaning up after them, lol. I don't really have time for working out, but they are definitely a workout! lol!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
Dee, that's great! Were you able to keep the 20 lbs off? I know some people have issues with that, but I think that's true of any diet if people don't make changes to their lifestyle when it comes to eating.
For a few years, yes, then my thyroid tanked and I gained 90 lbs which is what I've been working off here. I don't think the weight gain was a rebound due to using Slimfast, though.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #8  

Well, I received my monthly visitor yesterday, so I won't be stepping on the scale until it's gone. That scale can really mess with your head. Plus I think that due to hormones I've been eating things that I shouldn't be and basically sabotaging myself. So I'm going to try to not let the hormones take over my brain, and stick to my diet.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #9  

Well I am giving up on the slim fast idea. After about 2-3 days of doing well and losing a few pounds, I just started eating everything. So I'm going to try something else. And yes, I gained the weight back, but I didn't go over my original weight.