South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Weekend, July 22-23

Good morning!

I went to bed early last night after a day of mild frustration. Sometimes it really helps me to Stay on plan, especially when I could use the rest. That meant I woke up early and refreshed. I got a lot of stuff done this morning. I'm working on the mild declutter my house needs since i've been spending so much time outside doing other things.

After I got back from Glenwood yesterday my girlfriend and I moved a bunch of pavers from her garage to her backyard. That's her next project. I knew I would get exercise and she would come over and help me with my oven project once we were finished. Update: After I got the part for my oven back, it worked once then the second time I turned it on there was a bad smell and it quit working. When we were in Glenwood we decided we should be able to fix it. So we pulled it out of the cabinet and started investigating. What we found was that there hadbeen an event in the electrical box on the wall behind the oven. It was obvious that wires had touched that weren't supposed to and one of the wires had melted through. The good news is I think this will resolve the oven issue once it's fixed. Bad news is I need an electrician. Good news is an electrician comes in for breakfast every morning at the restaurant so I called him and he will come Monday. He was so sweet. He said we will get your oven working I'm sure. I think he's right. I hope he's right. Lol The original wiring when I bought the oven was done by my neighbor, a licensed electrician. Unfortunately, I found out years later he drinks a little bit too much and is often unreliable. A little scary.

I work today and get Sunday off. That will be nice for a change. We got rain again last night so everything is watered. It's a bit brisk out here this morning. I wish I could share with some of you having such hot weather. Have a great start to the weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-22-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

grrrr.....just lost my post.....trying again!

Good morning, Debbie and chicks to come!

Debbie, that was a bad news-good news type of day but I am glad your oven may finally get fixed! (I bet you are too, although maybe no oven in the summer isn't that bad?) Glad you got a good rest and hope work is smooth.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. I might go shopping and look for some new sneakers.

Have a good day, chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is already hot outside so no walk for me outdoors. It will be over 100 degrees again today, I think it is time for a weather shift Not sure what we are doing since it is so hot kinda of limits us. I do need to clean the house, got grocery shopping done yesterday.

Debbie I hope you are able to get your oven fixed, hope works goes by quickly for you today.

Beth enjoy your shopping trip.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Been a little MIA the last few days, just long days at work. Yesterday my shift started at 3am. Bedtime was 8:15 last night lol. My toilet in the half bath must have a crack as I had quite a mess to contend with. I'm taking it as a sign as for years I have wanted to redo that room. It's literally 4x7 so it should not be too costly. Thankful I have a full bathroom upstairs. Wounded Warrior ride was an incredible experience as it is every year. Food has been OP I gained 1 pound from last week but not worried as I am still under goal. I would like to go for an outdoor ride, but humidity is high and it really looks like rain.

Debbie you are giving me motivation to tackle at least the demo of my bathroom. I give you so much credit. Glad you found the source of the problem.

Beth did you get new sneakers. I find when I get new workout clothes I am more inclined to work out.

Pearlrose I hope the heat breaks soon. My son and mom are feeling it too in VA. My friend lives in PA. She went to goat yoga yesterday. It really looks like a lot of fun. Thought maybe you and DD would like to try it when the weather cools off. I told my friend we should plan a girls weekend by her and do it.

Well time to pay the bills and start the day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It rained overnight, much needed rain. I think we only get in the mid 90's today so that is a bit better. Today is DD1 birthday, she worked last night so we are going out for a family dinner tonight, her choice.

Jekel I had to look up goat yoga, that sounds interesting, I know DD2 would like it. Glad you have a second bathroom while you deal with the other bathroom. Seems like it is always one thing after another when you own a house. I haven't been able to finish the back deck since it has been so hot, waiting for it to get a bit cooler.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A wonderful Sunday not to go to work. LOL. I've already done an hour outside. Taking some old soil and grass clippings to the dumpster down the road and starting on some weeding. Now I'm going to move into the house for an hour. Get some things accomplished there. Then I will try for another hour in the yard. It seems like an interesting way to get some things accomplished in both areas. Since the electrician is coming tomorrow I need to go to the basement and move some things around. I have a feeling he will need to go down there, too. I have a cheapo shelf that collapsed in the spring. I guess it's a good time to deal with it.

Beth, did you find some sneakers? I got three pair of shoes last week. They are my favorite style and they are being discontinued. I got three different colors

Jennifer, ouch on the small bathroom. I've been thinking it's time to get mine done too. I Think mine is close to the same size. Should be easy. Right?

Rose, I'm glad it's going to be a bit cooler today. Have a wonderful birthday dinner!

OK, back to it. Happy Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-23-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote