Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2017, 10:19 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up July 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-31-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, July already Thanks for getting us started Diana!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Wow, July already Thanks for getting us started Diana!
Welcome back! It's great to see you!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! A brand new month!

So DH wanted to go to this farm place today for lunch. It's a farm to table. BUFFET! This man is killing me. You would think they would have a salad since it's Summer. They also have a menu but I'm not sure if they have that at lunch or only the buffet. Not a lot of info online about it. Again, we'll see. DH also has a cooler with ice so he can bring back some stuff. They have fresh sausage, all kinds of beans, etc. When we get back home this afternoon, my friend and I are going to the gym. I have really enjoyed going swimming at the gym. It really feels like a treat for myself, like a spa type thing. Or maybe like a recharge your system type thing. Know what I mean? It's not like I'm actually working out.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 179.2 (3rd day)
No Change

I ate quite a few peanuts, when I had my weak moment the other day. I have always known that peanuts were not good for my system, for some reason. It takes a couple days to get back to normal. My Mom could eat peanuts and have to go to the restroom but I feel constipated. Way TMI, but the truth.

Have a wonderful day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 1

Proverbs 2:10-11, 20
When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

Knowing what is right and doing what is right are completely different matters. Jessica knew she should lose weight, and she knew the way to do that was to cut back on what she was eating. The problem was that she didn't want to give up any of the foods she loved. She just wasn't committed enough. A friend of hers told her that she had all the knowledge she needed in her head, but none of it was in her heart. The reason she couldn't stick to her diet was that she didn't want to lose weight badly enough. When we find ourselves lacking the proper desire, we need to turn to the Lord, to ask His strength for doing what we know to be right.

Today's thought: Dieting is more than a matter of the mind. It's a matter o f the heart!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Welcome back! It's great to see you!
Thank you! I am elated and quite shocked to say I am now in the single digits to go until goal!

9 more! I never thought this day would come
Old 07-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Thank you! I am elated and quite shocked to say I am now in the single digits to go until goal!

9 more! I never thought this day would come
Awesome!
Old 07-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Happy July!

Ideal - omg!! That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you. WTG.

I just checked and I lost 5 lbs in June. Not great, but better than not losing anything. I still have 22 to go, 5 lbs a month seems pretty doable, but I want it done faster. Not sure if I'm willing to put the extra in to go faster.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Diana for starting the thread this month!

Ideal what an awesome feeling to be so close to goal

msgooch....wow 5lbs a month is awesome

WI this am down to 160.4 and I even had thin crust veggie pizza last night.......what is wrong with my body? Sheesh It makes me crazy. So I started a new 'Log Book" today to record my weight and feelings. I started one back in October when I first started this journey and it has some pretty good and mean thoughts LOL. I think mentally I am in a better place even though I am no longer really losing weight I am exercising regularly (except for last week missed 2 days because of my heel) I have a more positive outlook regarding weight loss .... so I am giving myself

to all the rest of the chickies as you check in this month
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #9  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Congrats, Ideal!
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Diana! Thanks for keeping this thread going.

I will be joining in for the month of July.

Today's menu
B: scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, one whole avocado with sea salt, coffee with a little dollop of coconut oil and half and half
L: 4oz grilled salmon, cabbage and collard green slaw, Brussels sprouts
S: 1/4 c. of Macadamia nuts, walnuts, pistachios, and one banana
D: homemade chicken soup

Exercise is going really well. Today is a cardio day, so exercise will be a one and a half mile walk this evening.

Have a great day everybody!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! Welcome back!

The farm to table restaurant was more difficult than I anticipated. There was no salad, regular veggies, or grilled protein. I did eat in moderation, but I don't know the calorie counts.

Practiced moderation, calories unknown

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (unknown calories)
moderation

Dinner (865 calories)
8 ounce filet mignon 400 calories
4 ounce Maine lobster tail w/smidge butter 125 calories
Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
watermelon chunks 100 calories

Exercise
1 hour swim

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-01-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #12  

Thank you Diana, msgooch, Nancy and Chunkah!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:43 AM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Tonight our church will have a cookout. The church behind us is putting on a fireworks display on our property. It's nice that we can come together like this, they have tons of money to pay for a professional fireworks display, but no property. We have property but no money for fireworks. I went last year and it was the best fireworks show I have ever been to. Anyways, I have decided to bring a grilled chicken salad. Hoping to stay on track as much as possible. Wish me luck.

It was late and I forgot to stretch last night.
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 179.6
Up: .4

Have a great day!

Today's devotion speaks very loudly to me.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 2

Luke 21:19
'In your patience possess ye your souls.'

Arlene asked the Lord for just a little more patience. She looked at the clock. She had eaten lunch just three hours before, and now her stomach was telling her to eat again. She knew she really couldn't need food again so soon. She concentrated all her attention on the project she was working on and repeated again and again that she wasn't hungry. Before she knew it, she was finishing the project, her hunger had died down, and it was almost five o'clock. Quickly, Arlene thanked God for helping her hang on awhile. It wasn't nearly as hard to get by with God giving her strength and support.

Today's thought: Decide to control your stomach instead of letting it control you!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-02-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #14  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

quick hi to you all! took my 2nd CPA exam yesterday...leaving for VEGAS on tuesday! Get to relax a few days then on to studying for the next section.

I'm staying around 156 still...need to get serious again after Vegas to drop the remaining pounds I want to drop. Haven't eaten today yet, just coffee...we are going shopping for Vegas essentials and then hiking later today. I hope you all have a wonderful 4th! It's our 11th wedding anniversary
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!
WI still same 160.4
Just got back from our 5 mile hike/walk it was a beautiful morning, temp in the mid 50's for the entire hike. It really is a great park that have soft trails made of dirt and pine needles. We got so close on two separate occasions to baby deer just eating I even took pictures of them. This afternoon we are having a BBQ at my sisters with my mom. She wanted to get together for the 4th of July but is not comfortable around people she does not know.

So I made another batch of cold brew coffee, truly this may be addicting with unsweetened almond milk and two packets of stevia in the raw. Of course I am still drinking lots of water. When I started the new job last week I warned them I drink a lot of water and since my desk in in the room that is also the 'unofficial' break room for the crew of guys before they leave (this is a gutter installation company) The crew saw me bring in a gallon of water and then surprised the next day when I brought in a second gallon and put the empty on back in my bag. This does not count the glasses of water I drink before I left in the morning

Ok off to make a salad to contribute to the picnic
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote