Old 06-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default TV and binge-eating

Hi everyone, I'm new here and English is my second language, sorry if I can't make myself clear sometimes.

Allright, I think one of my biggest obstacles is the fact that I can't watch something unless I'm binge-eating. Even while writing this, I want to go ahead and eat snacks watching my favourite TV show. I'm sure there are many out there like me, so how do you cope with this? I try knitting sometimes to keep my hands busy, but at this time of the year it is just impossible considering the temperatures.

If you have any advice or thoughts, or if there is something you do for these situations, please share with me.
radionor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes I find myself in a similar situation, where I really crave something to snack on while I watch TV or a movie. I try to stick to the foods I can fit into my calorie budget; fresh veggies, air popped popcorn, greek yogurt... Something satisfying, but healthy, and in a set quantity. Take your time, eat it mindfully, and let yourself enjoy it. If you're in control of the food, it can't control you.
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

I have the same problem, but with reading, and I love to read. My solution for that is to read nonfiction. For some reason that doesn't trigger the binge urges. Have you tried knitting socks? That's what I knit during hot weather.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #4  

Sencha, now that you mention that, I realize I do that while reading as well (unfortunately can't find time to read these days). I can try knitting socks, thanks for the advice!
radionor is offline   Reply With Quote