Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #1  

Default What type of exercise is best for our muscles?

Hello guys! I want to make my muscles more strong. So what type of exercise is more beneficial for me and also diet?

Last edited by Kevfoley11; 05-30-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Kevfoley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:10 PM   #2  
mjf

To make your muscles stronger, you should do weightlifting. If you want to be efficient, then I'd suggest doing mostly compound exercises (exercises that work several different muscles). Some good ones are squat, bench press, bent over row, overhead press, deadlift, and pullup. Deadlift is probably the one that builds the most muscle, but I'd suggest doing at least a few different exercises.

The best diet for building muscle is similar to the best diet for losing fat (the main difference being how much you eat). If you're trying to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, aim for either a small calorie deficit or maintenance. If you're just trying to build muscle but not lose fat, aim for a calorie surplus. If you're just trying to lose fat, aim for a larger calorie deficit (which would make it more difficult to build muscle).

I posted some diet tips in another thread so I'll just copy/paste them here:
Avoid sweets (or anything with added sugar), refined carbs, deep fried foods, and highly processed foods.
The majority of your diet should be vegetables, protein (e.g. eggs, fish, lean meats), and (if you're not on a low-carb diet) whole grains (e.g. brown rice, quinoa).
Some other healthy foods that you can eat are fruit, nuts, beans, and greek yogurt.

Since you want to get stronger, getting enough protein is especially important. I'd suggest aiming for around 0.6-1.2g protein per lb of body weight. In my experience I've found that having a protein shake right after weightlifting helps. Getting enough fat is also important (good sources of fat are nuts, avocado, olive oil, and some types of fish).

Last edited by mjf; 05-31-2017 at 05:47 PM.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:39 AM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

This might sound silly, but the best type of exercise is what you will do.

I've found through trial and error that I will do a set of 10 each of a variety of stretches and exercises, but if I do 2 sets, I feel like it takes too long and I end up quitting. So I feel like doing something is better than nothing, so I just do what I will do, what works for me.

That being said, I do some crunches and stretches and try to do cardio (walking) every day and am trying to get a strength training routine going, starting off with light weights and planning on increasing the weight a little bit instead of the number of reps, because I know me...

Best of luck, try different things and find what is sustainable for you.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:23 AM   #4  

Thanks for giving wonderful reply on my post. It really helps me in future also. Thanks once again.
Kevfoley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #5  

You have to good diet and exercises, create a table of exercises for every day.
YolaLendres is offline   Reply With Quote