South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-29-2017, 07:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Week of May 29th to June 2

Good morning and welcome to one of those straddle weeks. No more fooling around, Weatherman! June is supposed to be here soon so where is my summer? We are in for a rainy week and it's already cranked up out there.

Incredibly busy weekend with Bruce's huge party (500+ people) and then the most impressive ordination all day yesterday. A salad supper felt great last night with just two people and two dogs.

Have not checked our schedule with Bruce yet but think we have only one event this week. Whew! Maybe I can get some stuff done. Right now I need to get dressed for the day and go to the UC coffee hour - keeping it to one hour today no matter what. I need to sort out my head and my house and deal with some "stuff" like a toilet tank problem and portable phone set that does not recharge!

I see Jennifer checked in already. I'll move her post in here if I can remember how.

Have a good day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Ruth - I'm assuming you aren't cooking yourself for 500!

It's been fun, but we've been out every day at various dinners and parties. I told hubby he had to now keep track of my eating at parties and restaurants! I am up a little, though it is coming down again. I've been unfocused and giving myself a ton of excuses.

A trainer was at our gathering yesterday so I got to pick his brain a bit. I'm going to follow his advice and see how it goes. His belief is 60 minutes on say the treadmill or stationary bike starts burning muscle. I started doing hiit on my indoor bike and he said that with weights is all you need. So he suggested I do mwf of the 30 minute hiit on the peloton, and 2 days with weights hitting every muscle group and doing compound groups - not just one. So bicep curls are a waste he says. We're just talking fat burning here as I'm trying to get these last 20 something pounds off. But it would be nice to not dedicate so much time to exercising. However, hiit is exhausting, I came home and fell over asleep at 9pm.

I leave for Myrtle Beach in the morning. Traveling for work is the worst for my diet, though I'm going with hubby and my daughter so it should be fun. I'm packing a few bathing suits as we're staying on the beach so in the off time we can have some fun. Just not too much fun.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Jekel's Post copied from the Weekend thread

JEKEL posted this morning....

Isa wow that's hot no matter where you live. Great job getting walking in.

My day turned out great! I elected to stay home and just take it easy. Coconut begrudgingly got his teeth brushed, a mani pedi, shaved and bathed. Then I used my little foot spa and did the home version for myself. Ate super clean yet again which does make me feel better. The best part of the day was 25 fulll minutes of texting with my son. He said it was too loud to hear. Plus he can multi text a few people with his limited time. He is doing really well.

Spoke to my mom last night. My nephew Jake wants to enlist! College is turning out not to be his thing. Like me, he is their only child so I can relate to Charlene's upset with his decision. I'm sure we will be speaking soon lol. Also, even bigger news my parents are putting their house on the market when my mom gets back from Georgia. They want to move closer to Charlene (North Carolina) My mom really misses being by family (yeah that one is tough on me too). She made a comment yesterday that I will revisit Soto. She said if something were to happen to her (my mom), my step dad wouldn't be able to function by himself in VA (which is true) I just hope she is not keeping something from me. Although I don't think so I cant help but worry a little. She is 72 and he is 79. They have already packed the garage and the quilt room, met with their VA realtor and one in NC.

Time to crank up the day. Going to Joe's but want to be home early as I have work tomorrow (albeit a half day whoo hoo).

Thinking of our military personnel who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well I managed to get my chores done yesterday and went grocery shopping as well. Eating has been really clean and I am feeling great, headaches all gone. Now to keep the momentum going. Today DH is going to 6 Flags to the water park, I will not be going so not sure if DD2 will want to go so we might go to the mall or something. DD1 has to work today. I did get my walk and yoga in this morning it is beautiful here.

Jekel have fun today and glad you were able to text your DS. Hopefully your mom is just wanting to move closer to relatives

Ruth glad your week is going to be calmer.

Amy have fun in Myrtle beach

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We had 2 sunny days this weekend and apparently that is all we can ask for. Today it is pouring. DH and I decided to put off the grocery run until this afternoon (when they claim we will have a break in the rain) and I have spent the morning cleaning. I also made some of the rhubarb-with-SF-jello dessert. It is not a day for a parade or outdoor service that is sure.

Ruth, enjoy the coffee and hope this week is calmer.

Amy, sounds like some useful information from the trainer.

Jennifer, hope you have a good day.

Pearlrose, have an enjoyable day and hope the finger feels better.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Beth19; 05-29-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks for moving my post Ruth. Guess I should look at a calendar once in a while lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Hello chicks,

Today was another good day, I managed to make good choices and avoid the ice cream and chips the boys have in the house We went to the gym this morning and the boys used the pool, the weather here is way to hot, I can imagine how the Summer will be this year

Ruth- glad that you are having more free time, I hope you enjoyed your coffee hour.
Amy- That is a great advice. I usually do cardio 3 or 2 days and the 2 days strength training, but lately I been doing HIIT cardio daily.
Pearlrose- I hope you enjoyed your day with DD2
smooch- have a nice time in Myrtle Beach
Beth- that dessert sound delicious! I have never eaten rhubarb before, is it sweet?

Have a good night you all!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning,

I'm getting ready to head out, I just wanted to check in. I set the alarm for 5:30 (ouch) and did a 20 min hiit on the bike. Holy smokes - that was intense. Interestingly, yesterday I didn't exercise at all, but I burned a ton of calories. I guess that whole after burn is really a thing.

I weighed in at 180.2 this morning. sigh I really want to get below 180 and it's like life keeps saying, not yet, not yet. I'll be gone until Friday night. It's not like I go crazy while I'm gone, but it's hard to really keep it together when you're eating out 3 times a day and not able to exercise like normal.

Beth - my mom used to make strawberry rhubarb when I was a kid, I sure miss that!

Sounds like everyone is really sticking to it! Congrats to all of us!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from "chance of showers" Delta. I still have not made the switch to summer clothes and it looks like that won't happen until mid June! Lots of rain in the forecast which is really cramping my style for gardening - I usually have all my baskets and planters done by now and the veggies half planted. It'll happen or it won't. I'll focus on flowers and buy veggies from out local farmers markets!

Hit the scale this a.m. and actually lost 2 pounds this month despite all the foodie events. I want to make some asparagus soup and maybe something from my rhubarb which is calling me. Stewed rhubarb works well with strawberry sf Jello! (By the way, Muffin, rhubarb is definitely NOT sweet. It needs Splenda!)

I am sending B to town with a load of things for the thrift shops and have threatened to kill him if he buys anything. I'll spend my "free" afternoon on firming up the guest list which seems to keep growing, "We shall overcome some day!"

Happy Tuesday, Beachies.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #10  

Good morning,

WFH day for me, getting ready for first conference call. Thinking about leaving off the padding off my finger today for a bit, we shall see when I undress it. Today is just work and then I need to run to Kohls to exchange a dress for a smaller size that I bought for the cruise.

Amy as long as you don't go crazy the most that will happen is water weight and you will get it off when you get back. What is Hiit?

Ruth I wish DH would stop hitting the thrift stores he always comes back with something we don't need.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks. I'm pretty much feeling better but I came home and did an easier than normal workout since I haven't done anything in a week. Work was fine and the sprint to the end is here!

Pearlrose, hope the finger is doing well. Hiit is "high intensity interval training" and I guess I should be looking into it also. Maybe next winter I will look for a few sessions with a trainer.

Amy, hope you have a good trip and just do the best you can!

Ruth, the last house we lived in had a HUGE asparagus patch and I always miss it at this time of year. And yes, I stewed the rhubarb and mixed it into the jello.

Isa, sounds like you need some SF popsicles or fudgsicles in the freezer! I like that peanut butter cup dessert in the summer.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dess...-i-onward.html

We had pouring rain earlier but now the sun is peeking out. Secretly I don't mind if it rains the last week of school when I am trying to review for the state exams!

Last edited by Beth19; 05-30-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:39 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Lovely clear sunrise which usually bodes well but ... I never really trusted the weatherguy and now I distrust the morning sky!

Yesterday's plans fell apart when Paul my contractor showed up to do odd jobs. I was all set to sew for a while - prom dress shortening deadline - but the lads had to remove shelves from the closet in that room and then patch the walls, mud and sand. Everything had to stop dead. Not in my plan but I did spend a productive day. Today the construction continues if it's still too wet for the guys to do outside jobs.

Bruce came home after the town trip with a huge bag of cherries for me and a very unripe pineapple - more training needed in carb choices but still good food. Tonight we are going out for an early supper since I have a 7PM Mill meeting re an important dinner this month. Sure hope it's a short meeting.

Another coffee, today's list to firm up (and edit), asparagus soup to make for lunch and maybe I'll make a sugarfree rhubarb Jello to test the recipe I have hidden in the back of my brain.

May we all have a productive day.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:16 AM   #13  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work have a busy day of meetings ahead of me. Already did my walk and some back exercises. Finger is still swollen and black and blue and the nail is cracked in the middle such a pretty sight, I wrapped it up for work today, Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Ruth not sure if I should wish for the construction to continue or not

Old 05-31-2017, 07:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning, yesterday was another insane hot day...my car was reading 101F

I'm getting ready to drop the boys for their last day of school and then will be heading to the gym. No much plan for the day, I do need to buy some veggies and fruits, I feel like I'm grocery shopping twice a week. I just don't like old veggies and fruit. This past few day I been retaining lots of liquid and I feel very bloated. I read that this is normal when you are starting to burn fat instead of sugar for energy, so I guess is something good, will see. I do feel I have lots of energy and I don't have the need of a cup of coffee in the afternoon.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Coming up for air. It's another crazy week! The cousin talked my husband into staying in Alaska so for the moment, he's not coming home. After getting used to the fact that he wasn't going to be here, I adjusted to his coming home, now I am re-adjusting to the fact that I need to take care of everything myself. I have one day, today, to deal with a lot of stuff and as I take my mom to medical appointments tomorrow and looks like we are going to Glenwood for an overnighter which requires fixing a broken pipe in addition to having some fun.

The stonework is finished on my new garden bed and I drove to Cosco after work and brought home nine huge bags of garden soil. My friend was here and She talked the neighbor boys into hauling them up the steps. That was sure a help.

So I start today one project at a time. I bought a plethora of marigolds Sunday after work. They need to go in and I need a water source for them while I am away. The tomatoes need to go in the greenhouse and they, too, need a water source. Then I'm going to work on getting the new flower bed ready. That requires bringing the little Rototiller up from the basement and cleaning some rocks out of the bottom layer of soil the guys put in. Somewhere in between I will mow the lawn. Hoping I can go down to my noon meeting in Denver Which helps keep me sane.

Right now I must tend to some morning stuff. A huge huge semi is rolling through the project with a huge span of concrete which I believe is one of the girders for the new bridge. I expect more of the Same. Must get my vehicle out of the project. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote