South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Weekly Chat, May 22-26

Good Morning!

Fell asleep early and now I'm up. I'm going to take a shower, make a batch of my favorite salad dressing then head back to bed for awhile. It's raining out which is far better than snow. Lol we have another hard freeze tonight so my many plants will have to stay inside one more night. Good news is I don't have to go far for tonight's salad. Last nights was quite yummy! Kirks daughter is coming again, mainly to go camping with the cousins over the holiday weekend, but will spend Thirsday night here. I guess I will do some hunting for something OP and delicious for dinner while she is here.

That's my boring news to start the week but OP so all is good.

Have a great start to this week everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie and chicks to come. Thanks for starting us off this week. Debbie your life is anything but boring! Lol It is nice that Kirk's daughter is spending a night with you.

Pearlrose I hope you get some relief soon. I had tennis elbow, be very patient if it is as it takes quite a long time to heal. I had a cortisone injection last year for it before my ride. I needed the "instant" relief. My ortho told me it could take almost a year before it fully goes away. In November I went to an acupuncturist for it. I had one treatment. By January it seemed to be gone.

Horsechick I concur with Beth and Pearlrose. Please make sure you are getting enough calories in. I wear a fit bit and log my food. I've often eaten either way too little or way too much lol. I have a much better balance now. I even log when I'm a naughty eater just to keep myself accounatable.

Ruth good luck with your reminders to Bruce.

Beth what type of job is DS trying for?

As for me, went to Joe's yesterday. We rode from his house to his parents in Catskill. On the way back he got a flat on the bridge. Not a good spot for it, so he walked and met me on the other side. I can change a bike tire, albeit slow, but this bugger was giving me such a hard time we had his DS come to get him. I elected to finish the ride as I was a little annoyed. In hindsight Joe was only trying to help, but he has a way of taking projects over. Trust me a bike flat is a one person operation lol. I took the wheel home with me to bring to me guy. However the determined girl in me started over and had it done in under 10 minutes. I will return the wheel to Joe Wednesday after work and he can bring my my jacket I left at the house.

Today is just odds and ends. With the exception of dinner last night I have been staying OP and plan to again this week. Hope everyone has a great day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kind of chilly and drippy out there today so I'm glad I got some gardening done over he weekend. Today is a stat holiday up here and I intend to try to keep the emphasis on the holiday part!

Weight held the same over the weekend which was a miracle and we did get lots done besides the crazy social stuff. This will be another scary food week because we have a repeat of the aborted dinner last week, a lunch meeting, Bruce's big birthday party Saturday and then a "must attend" ordination on Saturday. I need to fit in a few slots for getting our marriage license, meeting with the florist and working with my sister to finish the studio packing. A Fair Board and a Quilting meeting are in there somewhere.

Enough griping! I'm off to the Monday morning coffee meeting shortly to welcome back some of our summer visitors and get the week rolling slowly.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Starting from home today, did back exercises this morning, I think back is slowly getting better, but between my back and my arm, I am retaining water like a beast. The scale is up 4 lbs today so I know it's not from eating. I am drinking green tea today and really watching food so it will go back down. MRI is scheduled for 11 a.m. so i have exercise clothes on and am taking a bag of clothes with me to change into after I am done as I have a meeting at work I need to go to and can't show up in exercise clothes.

Debbie that is great that you don't have far to go to pick your salad

Jekel I would have opted to continue the ride home as well

Ruth glad your weight is holding sounds like you are making the best choices you can

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning chicks!

I started the morning with tea instead of coffee. I want to stop drinking/eating dairy, I have noticed my allergies and asthma getting worse lately so I want to see if dairy make any difference. I went to the gym with DH this morning and now we are back home. I need to do some laundry and clean around the house. No much in my schedule today besides DS2 swim team and maybe grocery shopping.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks. Long day at work; there was a never-ending meeting afterwards. I woke up with a sore throat and seem to be fighting a cold so I will try to go to bed early tonight.

That's my news. Looking forward to Tuesday.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:06 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good Tuesday morning! The sunrise looks clear which bodes well for a decent Spring Day.

Since yesterday was a stat holiday, this feels like Monday. Despite being a holiday, yesterday sure felt like a work day although Bruce and I managed time for a peaceful and late dinner. I hit the bed as soon as he went home and "slept in" until 4 a.m.

Sister Joan is not coming until 11 to continue the purge and move of my studio and I'm hoping she is late. (I ended up having to print out school stuff for Delta Fair since email had major problems again. As soon as the school bus goes by this morning, I will take off on my rounds to deliver the missing info to six schools. that the traffic cops are resting up at home after the first long weekend of the spring/summer season.)

This is shaping up as an extremely stressful week but I will survive. There's lots of good carbs and salad stuff in the larder.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Another early day here. For some reason I am all organized and ready to go still have 20 minutes for more coffee. Yesterday was a crazy day at work. I was training a new girl and she's very chatty. Today we are on our own I may have to say something nicely. Work first talk later. Amidst all the work crazy Kirk kept calling me he had too important meet ups that he needed help with, and Mom and my friend showed up trying to discuss medical appointments. It was nice to get home and take it easy. Since it's just the new girl and I today I'm going to have to stay late. Oh well. I don't have to work tomorrow .

Ruth, I hope Joanie shows up late.

Rose, I'm glad your back is getting better!

Isa, I don't do much dairy, either. I like cottage cheese occasionally and put feta cheese in my salad, occasionally, too. I only buy organic. I always wonder if the hormones have something to do with it in the nonorganic .

Jennifer, I got a real chuckle out of Joe trying to take over on the bike tire. It's definitely a guy thing. When Kirk and I get on a project together he starts grabbing the tool out of my hand. Drives me crazy

Beth, ouch for a long meetings, especially after a full workday. I hope today goes by quicker!

if you love! Have a great Tuesday!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-23-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The rest of the week should be wfh for me so I am doing a strict clean eating plan this week and switching to green tea. My back is slowly getting better, hopefully back to normal in a couple of days. They rescheduled my MRI for Thursday was kind of glad not having to get into the machine with my back acting up.

Ruth glad you have healthy choices in your fridge and have a good day

Debbie one of my workers likes to talk and I have to rain him back in as he likes to get off topic and I am more lets get the work done type of person.

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Morning chicks,

yesterday, had the worst headaches ever, I'm not sure if it had to do with not drinking coffee in the morning or my workout because the headache started just after the gym. I drank a cup of black coffee in the afternoon and I also had two Tylenols. The headache got better but didn't went away. This morning I wake up feeling much better, I went to the gym and so far no headaches, will see how it goes the rest of the day. I didn't go grocery shopping yesterday, so I needs to happen today if I want to have dinner (have no veggies left in the fridge)

Debbie, hope everything goes well today with the new girl.

Pearlrose, glad your back is getting better.

Ruth, I hope you were able to deliver the missing info to the schools in time.

Beth, get some rest and hope you feel better tomorrow.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon!

I thought I posted this morning, but I realize I must have gotten interrupted.

Beth - hope you fight that sickness off!

Muffin - caffeine withdrawal is real, maybe instead of cold turkey you try and wean yourself off over the course of a week or two? Those headaches can be nasty!

Pearl - hope the mri goes well, not my favorite way to spend an hour, but it's amazing what they can see.

Ruth - hope you can quasi stick to the plan, while still enjoying and celebrating.

I'm up 2 lbs from the weekend, I'm amazed it isn't more. Plane travel, eating out every meal - not my friend. But I am back on plan. My daughter came home from school a little "fluffy" and she has decided she wants to lose weight as well - so since it's her 21st birthday in June we agreed a shopping trip can be her present. She wants time to lose 10 lbs first.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks. I don't feel that awful but am losing my voice. I came home right after school today, skipped the workout and am sipping some SF hot cider. DH says the first 3 days of a cold are the worst so by tomorrow I should start feeling better, no? Anyway I didn't have much of an appetite yesterday and drank so much extra water that I dropped over 2 lbs of water weight in 1 day. I have not been successful moving down this month so I am (again) re-focusing on my eating.

Debbie, hopefully the new worker finds the balance between chat and work!

Ruth, hope the purge is going well and that you got the fair information delivered.

Isa, I think if I ever quit drinking coffee cold turkey I would have a massive headache!!

Pearlrose, glad the back is showing a little improvement.

Amy, it is nice to have a SB buddy...besides all of us, of course! Eating is hard when you travel so you just do the best you can.

Tonight I'm going to make chicken stir fry for dinner and then relax. Hope everyone had a good day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:21 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from non-spring-like Delta. Aside from the trees being green, it feels like fall out there.

Well, Sister Joan and I worked hard from when I got back from delivering school stuff until nearly 5 PM and all the stuff except for the furniture is cleared from the studio room and lugged upstairs. We can't complete the move until the dresser and single bed up there are removed (sold?) and the big sewing machine table and large chest of drawers are moved upstairs. *Sigh* I need staff! Bruce took us both out for fish and chips - not a good supper choice since sister Joan and I went to the chip truck for lunch. Shhhh!

Today should be an easier day physically. I do have running around to do but discovered we can get our marriage licence at the Township office which means no trip to town. I'll get the dog licences while we are there and deliver some schoolwork tags at the same time. Tonight we go back to dinner at Claire's place. I thought it was just the four of us but have since discovered it's a larger group as Bruce's "kids" (all over 50) will also be there. A huge village celebration of his 90th birthday is also planned for Saturday - I find it hard to believe he is that old and in such great shape but ...

Since we have stuff on the calendar right through to Sunday evening, I may as well just sit back and enjoy the ride. (I'm afraid to make a list of what needs to be done!)

Have a good day and TGIF and don't worry if I'm not in here until Monday when I may come up for air!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Beth - hope you get better quickly.
Ruth - I get tired just reading about everything you do!

Yesterday may be an all time favorite day of mine. I do believe my son who just graduated Sunday got a job where he interned last summer. Apparently there was a little communications issue between him and his former (hopefully future) boss. Apparently the job is his if he wants it, which he does. Now he needs to go meet with them, find out details of the position, etc. Phew! He was in shock - could it really be this easy? It's not terribly far from us, he'd be in Northern Va. Close enough to meet him for dinner, or him to come home occasionally.

I'm .6 from being at Friday's low weight, so I think I can get that off quickly and move on down to the next decade.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Work went smoothly yesterday so I got off early, took a nap and got a second wind. At 6:30 we left here and my mom and I went to two places to try out our lift chairs. Hers is given up and it's her lifeline. We got home at 10 but found one. I will order it today and I think pick it up Friday. Otherwise it is 7 to 10 days for delivery. On the other hand, I might just wait and have it delivered.

Today my mom is going to an appointment my friend will take her. I'm going to try to get some things done in the yard then head down to my Wednesday meet up. I was feeling a little guilty which is probably why we went to get the chair last night. But I recognize I need my time, too.

Amy, congratulations to your son and his new job. I do hope all the details work out for him.

Beth , I do hope you continue to feel better.

Ruth, we always know you will be back! Good luck with all the items on your list.

OK. Time for a cup of coffee and I need to get organized here.