Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #1  
celeste

S/C/G: 245/220/180

Height: 5"5

Thumbs up Hi! I'm new.

Hi, I'm new but I've actually been reading this website for a while now I think! I have memories of looking at it as long ago as highschool- I am 24 years old now. It seems whenever I google search diet or weightloss related things, this site comes up, so today I figured...I might as well join already!

I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. I was always really sedentary (favorite hobbies were sitting on my butt reading or sitting on my butt using a computer...perhaps still are, if I'm being honest) I overeat for comfort as well which I am trying to stop doing. The first time I lost any significant amount of weight was about 2 years ago, I had been taking a medicine for a while that caused me to get to my highest weight ever 245 through a mix of being very appetite stimulating and also very fatiguing. I remember seeing pictures of myself and thinking: I don't even remember this happening. I don't even know how I got here, and I was the one who did it!

Stopping the medicine and eating less helped me drop 32lbs. I was so close, for the first time since I was a teen, to being under 200lbs. Then I let good habits slip, started eating for comfort again, and went back up to 220lbs I was also put on ANOTHER medicine that caused increased appetite and water retention. I voiced concerns to my doctor, but he dismissed them, and when I started creeping up to 230lbs I said enough was enough and switched doctors.

That was all about a month ago, I am on a better medicine now, I have gotten the overeating mostly under control and am back down to 215lbs. Now that the side effects are off the table it's just me, myself, and I left to solve this weight thing. Really my goal right now is just to get under 200lbs, and then figure out from there what a target "healthy" weight would be for my height and lifestyle. I also want to work on eating better, and have been tracking my meals with a phone app which has helped a lot. So far my main kinds of exercise are just walking a lot (I try to do 2-3 miles every day of just walking, around a park or around my neighborhood or something) and lifting small weights at home with guided online exercises. I know I'll probably have to increase that, or find a more regular/strenuous routine, to see any real results from it though.

WHEW, so there's my life story! Thanks for reading it, if you got this far.
celeste3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Starting at 211lb

Height: 5'3

Hello, I'm new too

My weight gain started with over eating/comfort eating too, then I went on the pill which made me gain a lot of weight. Then it sort of went downhill from there!

I so wish I was at the weight I was when I first thought I was fat!

Good luck on your journey!
Emlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Hi Celeste, welcome to 3FC officially!
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:40 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Celeste! Welcome!