Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: March 27 - April 2

Finally took a walk with DW despite the odd feeling of being cold in March. We've been overreacting to the cold since we had such warm January and February. My contribution to taxes is done; now the accountant turns the crank and I write a check to Uncle Sam to make it all done.

This week's excitement will be the pruning of a LARGE Elm tree next door. We'll have to move our cars to avoid collateral damage. There's some hope that continued dosages of vitamins will save the tree, but Elms around here haven't done well.

Sending supportive thoughts, Michelle, as you find the right path for your family and Charlotte.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

After much discussions and reflection DH is quitting his current job today. Two weeks notice and he'll be looking for work.

I am quite anxious but I think this is the way for him to go. He is 55 years old so it will be a challenge but it's better than the present situation.

I am suddenly extremely busy after a couple of slow weeks so that's good!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Glorious weather continues here.

Thinking of you, Michele.

And of you, Dagmar. Beaming good luck vibes for work.

Our clocks went forward on Sat night/Sun morning and I'm not in gear yet. Our Mother's Day was yesterday and I'm very glad it's over. Such commercial pressure - I hate it.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We were invited to the polo grounds yesterday and met some new friends. It was beautiful and it didn't hurt that we were in a VIP cabana complete with cabana boy. Then we went to our wine dinner last night and again met some new friends. Saturday we went to coffee, cars and cops where several people talked about the obstacles they overcame to succeed to be able to buy a fancy car (kids from the east valley Boys & Girls clubs were bussed in). After coffee and the speeches, the kids were allowed to go look at the cars. Several owners (us included) let them turn them on and rev them up. The kids were smiling and having a great time. It was neat because everyone had a name tag and it listed our occupation and the kids with what they want to be when they grow up so it made for easy conversation.

Now it's back to work. DS is coming tomorrow for a long stay. He had is final final Friday is out camping in Yosemite with friends right now. I suspect he's kind of cold. He sent a photo and it looked chilly.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

That sounds like a truly glorious weekend, Allison!

Thanks all for your supportive thoughts. I drove to work this morning willing myself not to cry at work today. I'll call the vet later to make the appointment. I'm hoping to do it towards their closing time so dh can be home from work. She's been almost exclusively hiding under the bed so we put a blanket under there for her. It almost broke my heart yesterday when I looked under and saw her brother, Wilbur, sitting on the blanket with her. She came out this morning and let me pet her very briefly before going back under. It's made the decision easier as I do think it's time. Dh called our younger dd yesterday to tell her. She was so sad which made us sad too. My dd is 22 and Charlotte is 14.5 so dd has had her most of her life.

In better news, I am almost entirely packed for my cruise. We leave very early Wednesday morning (like 5 am) so I need to be packed and ready to go Tuesday. Two more days of work and we are off!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #6  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Michelle, hugs to you and the rest of your family. It sounds like she's telling you that it's ok to let her go now.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Michele, lots of hugs. Such a hard event for you But you have given her a wonderful life and now she'll have an easy death. None of us can ask for more. Have a great time on your cruise!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #8  
Workin' It

Thinking of you and yours today, Michele.

And Dagmar, good vibes for DH and his job search.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #9  

I'm so sorry, Michele

I've had to put several to sleep and honestly, besides the grief and pain, it was a relief not to see them suffering anymore and i just think of them in my future (believer in Heaven and that animals have spirits and don't really die).
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Michele. From your description Charlotte is indeed telling you she'd like for it to end. And it'll be so much nicer for her to have you all there, rather than a stranger.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Things went fine with Charlotte yesterday. Never easy, but it was time. Feeling quite sad today but I have my trip to focus on (leave tomorrow morning) and lots of work before to focus on. Last night and this morning, Dewey (the dachshund) and Wilbur (Charlotte's brother) were snuggling and kissing. I think they will comfort each other.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #12  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Well done, Michele. Glad to hear that D and W are comforting one another.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote