UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #1  

Default i feel so alone

I feel so alone in my struggle. The rest of my family dont have a problem with food or weight except for my mum but we dont get on so i cant talk to her about the struggles.

Yesterday my sister simply stated she doesnt understand how i can put on so much weight. I've put on 24lbs/11 kilos in a year, i know its bad but now i want to do something about it and i need a little support.

I dont know what to do about how i feel inside.

Please tell me im not alone......
Bigpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/287/150

Height: 5'7"

You are definitely not alone. I can't seem to drop while my husband just lost 10lbs in two weeks with barely any effort. I'm pretty sure I'm the heaviest one in my family right now.
CrashRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:15 PM   #3  

Your post caught my eye. You are absolutely not alone! Some of us can put on those pounds in months (or sooner) let alone a year. Weight can spiral up very easily sometimes for many various biological and or emotional reasons including injuries or ailments. You are not bad, you are human! I am so sorry that statement was made to you, that can be very hurtful. Sometimes people just don't understand, why one puts on weight can be very complex and we are all so unique and different. From how you describe things, it sounds like it may be best you not discuss your weight, etc. with them right now.

You state you do not know what to do about how you feel inside, seeing as you ask I hope it is okay if I offer my input in the hopes it is helpful to you as it has been, is, to me! Try not to beat yourself up for the weight gain but do some reflecting as to maybe why it occurred or when it started happening so that you can be better equipped to deal with it in the future.

It really can help to keep a journal, helpful to learn our triggers and we all have them. From there, remind yourself that it's in the past, learn from it and start fresh! So you gained some weight, no fun I know, but there are much worse things that can happen to us.......the gained weight we can do something about! The chicks here can be your support system and they are fabulous! I want to commend you and say for taking that big first step and coming here and posting!

Take a look around the forums and threads to see what clicks with you or appeals to you and jump in anytime! I hope to see you around the threads and welcome aboard to your new journey and chapter fellow chicky you have a lot of fuel in you right now which can be to your advantage really, talk to yourself, work to turn that fuel around and woot you will be on fire! Show them a thing or two honey!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Definitely not alone. I've struggled with weight issues for 17 years. When I was younger I had no issues, but I started packing on 10 lbs a year and about 9 years into that found out I had thyroid disease. But it's a lot easier to gain than to lose. I've lost 50 lbs before, then regained nearly all, then lost again. Have no idea if I'll keep it off this time. I hope so. But you're not alone. This is tough. And everyone's journey is different, but everyone is on a journey. Your sister could use some empathy, and she'll get some eventually because something will be a challenge to her at some point and she'll remember this. It's worked that way for me, anyway. I think it's important not to compare your progress with anyone else. And also make sure you have non-scale goals as well as weight loss goals. Getting healthier can occur without any change on the scale, for example. If you see improvements in your energy, or your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc- those are victories even if the scale isn't moving. If you learn a new skill, a new hobby, that's a victory. Set small, achievable goals and make sure that you celebrate them.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #5  

eagle your awesome! well said, so important!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #6  

thank you so much for your kind thoughts. i still feel so alone and i dont know how to make it better - at the moment all i can see is how fat i am and how ive let myself down.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

Perhaps you would benefit from some local support? Is there a local group you could join- perhaps on Meetup, or Weight Watchers, or at church, etc. that you could join to meet people who are in the same boat? You have us here, but I know that it's not the same. Local friends you can see in person who are going through the same thing might really help you to not feel so alone.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #8  

there are no groups near me, not that i would have the confidence to go to any if there were. no one would want to spend any time with me
Old 03-30-2017, 01:43 PM   #9  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpants View Post
there are no groups near me, not that i would have the confidence to go to any if there were. no one would want to spend any time with me
I'm curious why you think no one would want to spend any time with you? I think we're often our own worst critics. Even if you're introverted, you would likely find other introverts would welcome your friendship. I'm definitely introverted, and I feel intimidated by extroverts (and so I often blow chances at friendship because I will turn down invites from them) but I get along pretty well with other introverts.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:52 AM   #10  

Don't be a weak little girl.. Be an independent and strong woman!! Fight, have a diet and start to exercise just on your own. It is your own fight and at the end the satisfaction.
jennykorpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #11  

Height: 6-1.5

Since you did not state your age, or other stats, I just wanted to say that if you were a 13 year old and gained 24 pounds, I would say congratulations, welcome to a grown-up body. 25 years old and beyond is really when you stop growing. Since you did mention your mum I figure you are in the younger ages. If youthful, a great way to take off any excess is to join a team of some sort. Like a summer football league etc. Or do some dance, or some other active work. (Even gaining some summer work in something hardy like field work, or building walls, or yard work is good. If I am in error, please forgive me!
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:58 AM   #12  

Hello my dear! You are definitely NOT alone! You can do this & will be amazing at it!

Much Love💚
Mariahdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 288.8/263.4/155

Height: 5'3'

You're not alone at all. I have piled on the pounds over the last 10 years and as far as I am aware I never ate any different. Your body changes and so does your fat cells. Please try to avoid comparing yourself with others. You're you and nobody else. You can do it! Just try to ignore they naysayers and the people who make you feel bad. You're a strong woman who can accomplish anything!
Mrs Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #14  

No. Me too. Hubby and I are going to Slimming World. We eat exactly the same things, exercise together and he has lost 5 stones since November and I only 3. I was always the 'chubby' one in the family when I was growing up. I just looked at a cream cake and it lodged itself on my hips. I'm me, this is who I am. I ignore any nasty comments. But now I'm getting thinner I'm just waiting for the 'Oooo Tasi, don't lose too much now will you. You don't want to look ill' You just can't win can you
Tasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:50 AM   #15  
Welcome to my World!

I always feel so far from ideal...
All i can give is essay help and that is all...i am so helpless and i am sick of it!
DarrenMell is offline   Reply With Quote