General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Back on the wagon with 30 40 30

Hi ha y'all.

I've been tumbling down the junk food rabbit hole for about a year now but I'm back and ready to try again.

Right now I'm working on maintaining a 30% carb 40% protein 30% fat diet.
I'm half way through well one and I've stripped out all grease, starches, dairy and sugar. No peas, beans or nuts right now either.
I haven't been doing to badly but the hard part had been finding a baLance in my food choices while staying between 1000 & 1200 calories.

Is anyone else doing something similar? Any pointers?
debest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:08 AM   #2  
mjf

Avoiding greasy food and sugar is a good idea, but some of the foods you mentioned don't really need to be avoided. Peas, beans, and nuts are good for you, unless they have bad stuff added to them, so always check the ingredients (for example, beans may have added sugar or salt; nuts may have added oil). Some starches are good, for example starchy vegetables like sweet potato and pumpkin, and whole grains like brown rice and quinoa.

I'd suggest eating mostly whole foods and try to avoid foods that are highly-processed.

You should be eating more than 1200 calories (probably around 1500), but I don't know how much you exercise so it's hard to give an accurate number. Eating too little will slow down your metabolism and make progress harder.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Avoiding greasy food and sugar is a good idea, but some of the foods you mentioned don't really need to be avoided. Peas, beans, and nuts are good for you, unless they have bad stuff added to them, so always check the ingredients (for example, beans may have added sugar or salt; nuts may have added oil). Some starches are good, for example starchy vegetables like sweet potato and pumpkin, and whole grains like brown rice and quinoa.

I'd suggest eating mostly whole foods and try to avoid foods that are highly-processed.

You should be eating more than 1200 calories (probably around 1500), but I don't know how much you exercise so it's hard to give an accurate number. Eating too little will slow down your metabolism and make progress harder.
I'm doing a cleanse over the first two weeks hence the striped down diet. I'm not exercising at present. I have Endo so for 7 - 10 days a month I can't really do anything strenuous ( even walking is rough). Over the next 8 weeks I'll be gradually adding stuff back into my diet until I'm eating everything again but with better control. I'm staying away from canned stuff though. that one is a long term objective.

I did a plan like this a couple years back an the results were great but it was far more drastic (there was about 20 things I could eat in the first week including hers and spices). I was also limited to about 650 cals a day. Not pleasant let me tell you and not sustainable for me long-term.

The basic plan right now is to continue for 2 weeks at current pace then add back in more and more foods until by week 8 I'm eating everything. Exercise starts when I start adding back in foods at which time I'll be increasing my daily caloric limit

Last edited by debest; 03-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.
debest is offline   Reply With Quote