Old 03-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #1  
Member for Life

S/C/G: 322.6/ticker/150

Smile 300+Chat Thread, March 2017

It's March!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone –

First I'd like to thank you for all the support. I think sometimes without realizing it we adapt to the new norm of being overweight over time and forget how our life once was.

Several of your points hit home hard. The broken plastic chairs at the shelter, using the elevator at work instead of the stairs, walking up my front steps one step at a time putting both feet on each step before stepping to the next, shopping online rather than in the stores, honking the horn accidentally every time I get out of the car, backing into the car and rotating to sit in the seat, getting out of breath walking to the mailbox, haven’t flown because of the seat situation… These have all become my new norm, but they aren’t the norm and don’t have to be. Please keep sharing the non-weight moments as well as the weight ones.

I’ve written all these non-number related items down, so I can reread them if I hit a rut and forget again. I used to love the Omaha Zoo and went every summer. The last time I went I had to stop and sit every bench or sitting wall we came to. That is my new goal. Lose 50 pounds and make a trip to the Omaha Zoo in September. That’s about 8 pounds a month more or less.

Ruby – Walking on a wooded trail sounds wonderful. Even if your daughter does stop every little bit is moving and moving is the goal. Also I love the wonder of little ones – they notice every detail that we get too busy to pay attention to. 10,000 steps includes walking around. You probably get a couple of thousand a day chasing that little one. I’m really pushing to get 2,000 steps a day in right now but I’m determined to up that every couple of weeks. 54 pounds lost so awesome, let’s get it in gear for another 25!

Karencat – Unfortunately I don’t know anyone in Australia. Fun fact – my grandfather was a sheep shearer and competed at the International Sheep Shearing Contests in Australia one year – I was just a kid, but I still remember all the pictures he took. As for you - what can I say? You are the movement queen. 45,000 steps (that’s around 22 or 23 miles) in one day. Are you just plain crazy? (giggles) Seriously though swimming for 40 minutes, yoga, weight training, 114 pounds down – you remind me who I want to be - a healthier version of me. You go girl!

Living – Several of us are lurkers . I only post once or twice a week, but I have posts sent to my phone every day so I can keep up on what everyone else is doing. Sorry to hear about the gastric pains. It makes it so hard to enjoy things when you are hurting. Hope the docs figure out what is up. Please let us know what you find out.

Echo – Got the scale, see the number and ready to do something about it. That's the place to start. Please don’t look at it as 180 or 190 pounds. Look at it as 5 pounds, 10 pounds, or 2 pounds whatever works for you. This has got to be a lifestyle change not a diet. It’s so easy to lose 40 or 50 pounds, but if it’s just a diet in a few years you are right back where you were. We’ve all done it. Two years is nothing. Make you a deal – I’ll still be here in two years if you will and I might even try for that 5k with you.

Scotsgal – You rock it my dear! You jump right in and try new things, figure out what works, know your body so well. Good job getting to a new low – you are going to look so good by the time that wedding rolls around in June! Thank you so much for running the challenge. I know how busy you are but I find it really helpful. I also see people posting there that don’t regularly post on this thread and I think that is great that it gives everyone one more place to keep motivated.

Ichoose – Yay! 25 pounds down. And you whipped right past the 309 barrier. I knew you could. We are right about in the same place - let’s just whip right past the 300 pound mark as well. So glad you are with us.

Ubee – You always know just the right thing to say at just the right time. Thank you for being you.

Anyone I’ve missed, anyone lurking – stop by and say hi!! We are here for you.
Phae1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #2  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Happy March Everyone

Phae I love that you wrote non-scale things down. I think I am going to put one on my front door to look at every morning. I can't wait until we can say goodbye to the 300's forever!!

So... I have a few NSV's to share:
1) Ankle didn't hurt after walking 2 miles yesterday.
2) I don't have to suck in my stomach to button my favorite work pants. They were even falling down a bit.
3) I bought a swim suit at Target !! (Ava Viv but super cute).
4) I ate a chocolate bar (mini dove) and I didn't get another one or want any other sweets.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hmm...non scale victories
1. I went down a few shoe sizes. I was wearing 12s but i bought new walking shoes and i fit into a 10! Pretty awesome because its hard to find non clownish shoes in a 12
2. I bought a 3x t shirt and it fit comfortably.
3. I'm happy...that probably sounds silly but the last few weeks I have just been happier. Doing more with my family, getting out more, enjoying life.

I just read an article that weight can cause skin problems. Does anyone agree with this? If loosing weight helps my skin look nicer that would be a great bonus!
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello March! And Hello Everyone!

I hit a new Personal Best at the Gym yesterday by squatting 40kg and I hurt my darn neck Today I managed to book in for a deep tissue back massage and Hot Stones to try and sort out the discomfort. I knew I hadn't injured it, just made a knot. My whole left side was all clicking and twanging . She asked if I was left handed, because its very unusual to have a bad side of the body and it not being your strong side. Anyway.... she beat me up and now I feel much better. I will only be able to do cardio tonight at the gym I think, she doesn't want me to hurt myself.

So as I can see that you all have some pretty darn awesome NSV's, here are some of mine in the last few weeks:

1) My jeans and jeggins now come all the way up to over the belly

2) I can feel my arms getting more muscley, there is the start of some definition coming.

3) I can do so much more in the gym than I could before

4) I walk much faster and without getting puffed out.

5) I used to have a bit of a fatty hump on the back of my neck, not sure if its the weights that have flattened it out or if It just went from weight loss, but whatever it is, its gone.....

I will be starting the new challenge for Monday, The countdown for Summer begins Well especially for me because we get it first at the end of May, then it disappears by the time actual summer comes around .
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 360/ 304.8 / 180.0

Height: 5'11"

The past week has been good. Lost about 4 lbs. Looking at forward to sunday again so see where I am at.

Since my exercise journey started before my scale I feel like my jeans are fiting right instead of tight which was a nice feeling yesterday. I also hit 7,000 steps yesterday. I normally range about 3,000 on my "rest" days and about 5,000 on my 5k training days. I think I might start aiming for weekly step goals. ^.^

Postive thoughts ladies. I am so thankful to not feel alone. & hopefully in two years I can hold ya to it Phae I am really hoping to do my first 5k before the end of this year. ♡
Echoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Good Evening Everyone! Just stopping by to say hello. Glad to see that everyone is doing well. All of the tests for my stomach have come back inconclusive so far and the pains have slowed down slightly, so I am holding off for a bit to see if maybe it was a passing issue before scheduling the next big round of test that the doctor was wanting to perform. In the meantime, my weight-loss stall appears to have passed, I am down to 250.8, so I am very excited about that. I have been trying to eat a fairly low carb diet lately and I had already cut out sugar, caffeine and artificial sweeteners about 7 months ago, so mostly just fresh protein and vegetables for me, which seems to have broken the plateau.

Absolutely love the sharing of NSVs. My major one is fitting into a pair of size 22 jeans. In September I was wearing an elastic waist size 26 jean and now I am able to wear a size 22 with no elastic.
Also I was at the doctor over the weekend and sat beside my husband in the waiting room and there was extra room in the chair beside me. He pointed it out. There was probably two inches, even.
I walked across a busy intersection at a crosswalk today without even thinking about whether or not I would run out of time for the crossing light.

Phae - I absolutely LOVE the Omaha zoo. I have been to zoo's all over the country and the Omaha zoo is my favorite, but there are a lot of hills to climb. If you can spend a day doing that, you'll definitely be getting your share of exercise!
Living2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #7  
Member for Life

S/C/G: 322.6/ticker/150

Good Morning -

Just popping in. I LOVE all the NSV. It's not just about calories, grams, numbers on the scale... it's also about being a healthier us and all the little victories that come with that!

Everyone have a happy and healthful week.

Phae1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #8  
Determind Member

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Yesterday I was in the city with my mum buying some material for a skirt that I want to make for a wedding I have coming up in June. We decided to go to a place called Bella Italia for some much deserved Lunch. We shared some Bruschetta, I had a Cesar Salad, then some Gelatto It was amazing. But today I am now 1.2lbs up from my lowest, which I have actually been struggling with all week since having my routine up routed at the beginning. So today I have been fairly good, hoping that with 2 very good days and strong workout days, I will have came up a loss on the scale on Wednesday. Would like to see a 271. something by then.

ALSO......

The new Challenge is up!! Its called the Here Comes the Sun Challenge which runs until the 8th of May. I hope you all take part and find it useful to track in

Last edited by Scotsgal; 03-05-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #9  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

Hi dear fat loss friends,
sorry for not checking in, but I was kind of fed up with everything.
The diet is working and food isn't much of a Problem - but after having the ruptured disc and having enough trouble working with that and taking care of it and losing weight before they might have to work on it - now I ended up with meniscus tear at the same let - so it just hurts.
But the worst things happened in my mind, like Feeling - why should I do all this, put all the effort in getting healthier, if everything is already broken down.
I felt like a wreck and needed some days to overcome this Feelings.

But it helped to read you, even if I wasn't in the mindset for an answer.

Hopefully that Returns soon.
sugar2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #10  
Determind Member

So this morning I hit a new low It was very surprising and I am still going to work my booty off for today and tomorrow. Now I am at 272.4 which is .3 lower than the other day. I really want to see 271 for my Wednesday weigh inn to start my Challenge.

This morning I worked out at the gym for a short time and burned about 400 calories, I am aiming to hit 10,000 steps as well today, then I will return back to the gym this evening and hope I can get some bloomin weights in, which were busy today. Tomorrows plan is to gym tomorrow, then walk the dog at night possibly. Just need to keep moving.

Sister is due her baby over the next week or so, trying to get in as much workout as possible before I end up with her kids and cant get to the gym.

Sugar2go Thank you for coming back. I think we all go through some parts of our journey when we question its worth. Especially when your body wants to resist it by breaking down. I have overcame a few hurdles in the last year related to health, but I stuck with it in hope for consistency and sustainability. I have now lost 50lbs, its only 1/3 of my journey and I feel a bit beaten up. But I feel so far amazing..... If hitting 100lb is even 1/3 more amazing than I feel now, I will be ecstatic . Sometimes making a list of things that you have learned, or a list of things that you now enjoy, can really help you understand its worth. So for you.... I am going to make these lists that relate to me, so that maybe it will help you in some way.

Things I have Learned:

1) Losing weight, does not always mean eating fewer calories, it means eating the right foods to fuel your body.
2) Eating chocolate or sweet treats is not bad, or a syn, if you have the calories to eat it. It is just a way to eat less food for more calories. You can decide which route to take.
3) The fitness industry give out too much conflicting information, It really is just down to calorie counting, fresh food eating, and moving your butt more.
4) learning to prepare your meals in advance, really does help you stay on track.
5) weigh everything (Food), it might feel like a chore at first, but you don't notice it after a while.

List of Things I now Enjoy:

1) I love walking my old pooch along the sand when the sun is out (rare occasion), so as soon as its sunny, I'm off.
2) I Love the shaky feeling I get when leaving the gym, It lets me know I've had a darn good workout.
3) I love the complements I now get on how healthy my skin looks, and how slim I look
4) I love trying on an item of clothing and seeing how baggy it got.
5) I love how great I feel when I chose to eat a healthy meal when out with friends or family.
6) I love being able to chose a more darning outfit, which I would never of been seen dead in before, and it looking great on me.

Last edited by Scotsgal; 03-06-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/ 304.8 / 180.0

Height: 5'11"

Have learned that stepping on the scale when bored isn't good for me. Seems like I might be heaviest in the morning. Makes me wonder if that's a 'dead weight' kind of feeling. I have found right before lunch makes me feel the most postive. I have gained a pound and lost .6 of it. So I am still pretty much just down 5 from my start weight. XD It will be nice to see how things keep going over time rather than trying judge one or two weeks.

Been caving to the fast food a bit more. But that was my soda addiction coming through. It went from no soda in the house to yes let's go out to eat that's when I let myself have a soda. Which would have been like twice a week. But suddly jumped to like every other day and failed my diet plan in other areas. Silly me. I have also been finding it harder to keep up with my blogs and facebook album (of my walks). I think I need to re focus and maybe drop some of it. OCD is rough on me.
Echoluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

hi all

what I have been up to - planning a performance means resizing a costume - taken a fair chunk of time group deciding on said costume
now hopefully have it refitted
am walking aiming for 10,000-15,000 steps per day - going for a few extra on the weekend - ok so around 20,000 on weekends

to celebrate getting under the 100kg mark have purchased a 2nd had iPhone (no way in heck could have gotten it new) from a person who couldn't drive it ... so score for me paid about 10% its purchase price and hardly used all going now...

Phae1963 - 45000 in one day um yes Mad/crazy about covers it
need to start doing that yoga again - lost focus on it must redo .... might switch up some of the harder parts
have signed up to Nike trainer club and trying there workouts but the yoga is good for stretch so its a must do

scotsgal sounds like you are picking up a fair bit = cool your getting to the gym

sugar2go nice to see you posting again
congrats on your soon to be an aunty (even if its again still cool)
and love your list of lessons learnt

Echoluv - make your ocd work for you figure out what you want to update and when schedule it in and perhaps do each once a week - apart from your food tracker and main support keep those to daily
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:27 AM   #13  
Determind Member

Just popping in New Challenge is up and ready for anyone to join in. Just using it as tracking for some, accountability for others.

So I burned just shy of 1000 calories yesterday going to the gym twice, still couldn't get on a darn rack yesterday. I think the sun came out and everyone decided to go workout means It's far too busy sometimes for a workout. But I got some stuff done. This morning I weighed in up .4 but I think that might be because I drank a tonne of water all day and I had an extra banana that pushed me over calories when I didn't have them to spare, I can imagine my workout weight kicking in by tomorrow though which will hopefully be that 271 I really want .

Today I am suffering from some full body DOMS, so the plan is to take the pooch for a walk after lunch time, do some foam rolling, maybe do a workout later on. Not sure..... Ill see how I feel.

Set myself an inch target for the Here comes the Sun Challenge.... I really want to lose 2 inches off of my tummy, considering the challenge ends as I go to Germany on tour again. Want to look and feel great for then.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #14  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

Hi everybody,
still not much time to be around, but wanted to let you know that my mood is back to normal again.
I think the main thing about these "body failures" that stresses me out is that I can't really start to do some sports, and even walking is more painful than it should be.
But so I stick to weightloss first and start forming afterwards.
Today I'll do something nice and get new colour for my hair - at the beginning it was a gift for losing the first 10 kg, but as I regained about a pound i say it's just for going on and fighting on.

Scotsgal - thanks for your Kind words and lists. Of course there is so much we gain from losing weight, but some times I'm at a loss for some days until I start like a bug that fell on his back and needs all his power to crawl back on his stomach again.
You have to tell me when you are around in Germany - I really have to come and see you perform!

Karencat - congrats to your "new" Iphone..I hope it makes you happy - and of course congrats to your fantastic weight loss.
sugar2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #15  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Karen - Yay for the Iphone. I only got mine because my mother upgraded to the newer model. Other than that I would still have a flip phone

Scotsgal- I learned so much about myself this time. I am even finding that I rather go to the gym than just sit at home.

Sugar2go- What hair color did you pick? I am glad you are back in better spirits.

As for me... its TOM and who would have thunk but working out has made it better (4 days since Sunday). I usually gain 2-4lbs during TOM and true to form I am up 3. I am hoping by the first day of the challenge it is back down. I even walked 5k in 1 hr 2 min. It's the first time I was able to do it in one go. I did have to stop once to shake the rocks out of my shoes. I hope you ladies are having a wonderful week. Got Dentist and Doctor visits tomorrow so I hope to get over 10,000 steps tomorrow.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote