Old 03-01-2017, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Default March 2017 Atkins Life

Spring is Coming!

Time for a new monthly thread. February is such a short month. I didn't want to post in the February thread yesterday, it seems to have a spam message.

Eating on plan this week! Hopefully next the scale will be lower. My little one keeps me busy, so not so much time to post.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:49 AM   #2  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi. I decided I would hop back on the thread. Although I haven't been posting for several months I do lurk on every now and then to see what's going on. I have been totally on plan 100% for 2 1/2 years now. You can see my results thus far in my ticker. My challenge for March is going to be staying totally on plan with a 5 week trip back to the USA here in a couple of weeks. I haven't been home in almost two years so I'm excited to see family and friends but will fight to stay on plan. I've done it before, so I know I can do it again.

Hope everyone else is having a good start to the month.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #3  

Congrats! You've lost an amazing amount of weight. Enjoy your trip back home.

Still on plan, but still hovering at 184.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #4  

Smile

I have returned to 3FC after a 3 year absence. I had joined before in 2007 and I was active up to 2013. I have decided to also return to doing low carb. I am not sure what the difference is between Atkins and SBD except it seems like you can find more Atkins products at Wal-mart.

So, right now I am in Phase I induction phase and I will admit that cutting out starches, fruits and sugar can make me feel edgy at times. I have slipped a bit and had some sugar but so far holding my own. I did SBD for about 9 months in 2008 and I honestly don't know why I abandoned it because it seemed to suit me so well.

So, I am back and I want to finish what I started. I will check back here and get acquainted with you as well.

Pam
TweetyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I've decided to take control of my weight and I'm starting induction tomorrow. I'm ready, I've made a meal plan for the next two weeks, ordered all my groceries and have a 'sponsor' (a good friend I work with) to keep me on track. I starting cutting back on carbs about a week ago and I've cut out my beloved Dr. Pepper as of Monday in preparation for starting. I didn't want to get hit with everything at once!

I've got 30 pounds to lose and I'm determined. Accepting all hints/tips/trick I can get.
KingKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #6  

Hi Tweety and KingKobe. We are a little slow here lately, but now is great time to start being on plan. It will be shorts season soon enough.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

LOL as usual I am late to the party

Well February saw only a small loss and March looks like it is starting out the same. I am trying to get into the 150's and have actually dipped down there twice now in the last 7 days so I know my body is ready.

I just bought a new scale on Amazon and it arrived tonight so first weigh in on it in the am LOL I am sure I will have sticker shock. But that is ok. So far have stayed on plan with the exception of alcohol which is my treat even though I know it is not helping the loss end of things.

So with that being said slow an steady .... slow and steady
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:50 PM   #8  

Nancy, seeing the 150's, even briefly, sounds great! You're getting so close to goal. Let me know what your new scale says.

My 184 stall is over, I was down to 181.0 this morning. Doing my best to keep the carbs between 20-25. It's hard with so many temptations in my house, but it's worth not eating junk to keep my weight down. The loss feels great, I have more energy to keep up with my daughter.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #9  

Hope I can join? Did a hard reset in January and am down 25 lbs.

Looks like you are all on the way to your goals!!!
Baylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #10  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Fat Bombs!

Just discovered Fat Bombs which takes care of my chocolate cravings!!

Chocolate Fat bombs
Melt 2 T coconut oil, 1 T butter, 1 T dark cocoa powder and 1 Splenda packet. You can make bark or use mini muffin tins to make thin wafers. Freeze until set and then bag and keep them in the freezer..
44 cal, .4 carb. 10 servings

I've also added Peter Pan peanut butter (1 TB - 3 carbs) and the unsweetened cocoa instead of dark and then it's 46 cal per serving and .6 carbs.

I used a small ice cube tray to freeze the bombs in.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

Been a bit MIA....weekends do that to me.

New scale I could hug it has kept me at 159.6 for two days in a row

OOMMMGGG
I have got to try those chocolate bombs. I think I will make some later tonight, sheesh even if you ate the entire batch that is still only 4 carbs. I enjoy my chocolate protein powder, I usually add a teaspoon of cocoa powder and just a touch of peppermint extract for that choc/mint shake ave about 2.5 net carbs for 16-18 oz depending on how much water and ice I use
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #12  

Good morning! Starting with steak this morning..

I am going to buy a new scale this week. I got on yesterday and it gave me 3 different weights 15 lbs apart. I can't trust it. Going back to the old fashioned non digital one.

Planning on a chuck roast for dinner and prepping for storm watch on east coast!
Baylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #13  

Nancy, w00t on staying below 160.

bigdog, that sounds interesting, but I'm afraid of buying coconut oil and hating it. How do you like it.

Baylor, we are prepping for tomorrow's storm too. I'm in Jersey and we're expecting 12-18 inches, how about you?

Weekend is over, so hopefully less coffee for me. Saturday I felt too high on the carbs as I had a large cup hot in the a.m. and then a Trenta iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and cream in the afternoon. But I was so busy all day Saturday, I felt like I needed that Starbucks pickup. Adorable little child was begging for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino anyways. I hate the fact there is a Starbucks right by the bank.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

sheesh I have been of a MIA
Neko -- scale is back up, this is day four at 160.2 can you believe it???

I may have to re-examine my morning coffee with sugar free syrup. This is the only real change I have made to my intake in the last 2 weeks
Old 03-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #15  

Nancy, I believe it. For some reason no matter what I'm doing, I keep bouncing back to 184. Almost makes me think my scale is broken.

Did you just start drinking coffee or the SF syrup?