Old 02-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #1  

Default bell peppers vs sweet peppers

my hubby bought a couple of bags of sweet peppers, the small kind, at the store when I put bell peppers on the list. I did check online and it seems that they are a kind of bell peppers, but I am thinking we can't have sweet peppers right? I was going to make "nachos" with them tonight and I don't want to have to go back to the store if I don't have to....

Anybody know if these are okay?
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
my hubby bought a couple of bags of sweet peppers, the small kind, at the store when I put bell peppers on the list. I did check online and it seems that they are a kind of bell peppers, but I am thinking we can't have sweet peppers right? I was going to make "nachos" with them tonight and I don't want to have to go back to the store if I don't have to....

Anybody know if these are okay?
Hi! I believe they are fine. I've had the ones you are talking about and I've not had an issue with my weight loss when I did. Enjoy!
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #3  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I use the bagged Lil Sweeties all the time!
They are fine!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #4  

Thanks!! That is a new one to me, but he said they were bell peppers and they were on sale. Makes some good "nachos" too.
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/146/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Sweet Peps

During my first appointment, my coach said to avoid them, along with carmelized onions. Then at the store I saw the bag of little sweet peppers and completely forgot they were restricted.

So I've been using them sparingly, one or two per day, but won't buy more during phase I.

However this, along with sauteeing onions with my veggies might be slowing me down a bit.

I'm on day 10, and feel like I'm just on the edge of ketosis but not quite there. I may need to take out the restricted veg's and snacks next week, plus up the water to 10-12 cups per day to get this to kick in.

Lost about 4 lbs during first 10 days.

Last edited by LaLa12; 07-22-2017 at 08:17 PM.
LaLa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa12 View Post
During my first appointment, my coach said to avoid them, along with carmelized onions. Then at the store I saw the bag of little sweet peppers and completely forgot they were restricted.

So I've been using them sparingly, one or two per day, but won't buy more during phase I.

However this, along with sauteeing onions with my veggies might be slowing me down a bit.

I'm on day 10, and feel like I'm just on the edge of ketosis but not quite there. I may need to take out the restricted veg's and snacks next week, plus up the water to 10-12 cups per day to get this to kick in.

Lost about 4 lbs during first 10 days.
ALL PEPPERS are select and fine. A very long time ago there were some distinctions but that was changed by IP 5+ years ago.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote