UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #1  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Default UK Chicks Chat

Hellloooo!

Not sure how many of us are around at present but thought I would start a chat and see who else would like to morale support of sharing their journey.

I am a UK chick but currently in Lisbon, Portugal. I have been at and around this weight for a few years now, but recently it has been creeping up and clothes began getting tight, sooooo enough is enough, I am hoping to get fit and healthy and within a normal BMI for the first time as an adult.... let's see!

My initial motivation is a trip back to the UK in April include two weddings, so probably two dresses. Right now, I would rather die than wear one, so let's see what progress I can make in 2.5 months and what I end up wearing!

My biggest issues are junk food and snacking. bars and bars of chocolate and packets of crisps at a time without issue. Here I have also got a wine habit.

For now I am photoing and logging everything that I eat, to try to make me more mindful. I am also making a food plan and trying to stick to it. Almost a week in, this plan has contain no confectionary, processed junk or wine and I have stuck to it. Not sure how long I will be happy being this strict, but for now it is working and I am creating new habits and patterns.

Now, who else is out there?!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:40 AM   #2  

Default Hello

Hi, Takingcontrol. I've just joined here. I am a UK chick but I live in Brittany, France. I've been here for 27 years. I really understand your wine habit.... I also have one LOL. I'm trying to lose 8kgs by calorie and portion control. I'm using the "lose it" app to keep track of the calories. I just sstarted this week so we'll see how I get on.
You've got some great motivation with 2 weddings! Thinking of the photos will keep you on track LOL
Islay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:28 AM   #3  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Islay, lovely to 'meet' you and to have you on the UK thread! Talking about wine, last night I planned that I would have some, but just stayed at home as I had a ton of work to do and don't yet trust myself to go out without going mad on food and drink. So, I had a couple of glasses, which leaves half a bottle in the fridge.... I live alone so that is literally going to taunt me for the next few days! Maybe gin is the way to go as my in house drink and save wine for evenings out!

Good luck with your journey, I am also working on a kind of portion control, but it starts a bit further back with what I shop for and planning out my meals so that I start with the right stuff on my plate and then portion control from there!

27 years in France, I wonder if that will be me in another 26 years about Portugal..... I spent the last 10 years living in Asia and never felt that I would really stay in any of the places forever. I moved here in August and it really feels like it could become home.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote