Old 12-28-2016, 09:34 PM   #1  

Default Spring Challenge, Rebirth!

Hi ladies Now that we have the holidays behind us, I feel it is a good time to look forward to spring and our new goals.

It is a perfect time to start our new pledges! For those of you that do not know me I am , or was, referred to FSA. Long story but what matters is that we are here and together!

We have 11 weeks until Spring! The challenge is to set a goal and work on it day by day until then. I t can be in monetary value (weight) or just eating more healthful and or changing habits, exercising more, a new clothing size, kicking a habit, or whatever the case may be.....we are here to support one another no matter our plight.

It is imperative that we respect one another and create a safe thread in the sense that there will be no judgement, we need to understand that different programs work with different people...with that in mind, we will also adhere to the chicks website philosophy!

My personal goal it to get back to my OP (on plan) food plan! Eating healthy and just being healthier. I also, hope to lose 15-20 lbs. by spring but honestly my main concern is to continue on a healthful track and staying OP and what will follow will follow! Do I want the numbers? Heck yes I do! but I also want the health more than anything now and just eating healthy and creating new habits so this is at the forefront for me.

I do hope to see some old faces and meet some new faces. Whatever happened Christmas week is over! It is our time now! Time to start our new year and our new us! Let's band together and support one another in our new plight!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

This is great! I'd love to join the challenge. My goal is going to be to fit into a size 14 again by spring. I'm currently a 16-18. I am also hoping to be into onederland as well, but clothing size is the main goal.
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:16 PM   #3  

Hi Pastrey Sounds great! It is nice to meet you and glad you joined!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #4  

Hi All I'm in! Although I am not past the holidays yet: Hanukah party with fam & then NY Eve party, finally the pity party because I would rather not work on NY's day But there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. My goals healthy eating, get into my usual wardrobe, & begin getting fit & stronger.

We can do it!

Last edited by Sundove; 12-29-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #5  

Sundove yayyy! big smile here Welcome to our spring challenge. I am not sure what we are doing New Years Eve but we plan to go into the nearby quaint town here which isn't a long drive, I am weighing in the morning of! lol We have a few more days until then.

Girls , I also want to begin exercising again and carry it through to "begin getting fit and stronger" too! I love that and yes! Let's do it!

Wishing us all a good day. Going to head out a bit and then make the baked haddock tonight.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #6  

Hi again, I had not mentioned my plan and wanted to come in and share some of my background with my recent journey.

I decided to stay put, it is pouring out but glad it's not snow!

I started the South Beach plan on Monday Nov. 14 and DH is also doing it, we were eating a lot of takeout and a lot of heavy foods and both started not feeling well. We have been strict with the food schedule until this past week with the holiday and gatherings. Christmas even and Christmas day went well and I passed up a lot of temptations and also had my share of indulgences, particularly on Mon. night and Tuesday. I am back OP as of yesterday and it feels good after those indulgences and tummy aches! lol

Thus far, I had lost 17.3 pounds prior to Christmas check in, hoping to have maintained that during this past week by Dec. 31 but will know more that day. I live near the NH border and we can get some cold weather and snow in January and February as well as get housebound if it's a bad winter. The goal is to stay OP, the South Beach has been working great for us in that we really are enjoying some delicious Op meals and it certainly can be a lifestyle, (which is what I aiming to make it) I find it suits my tastes and I am very happy with it.

Whatever plan you are all on or lifestyle etc. wishing you all a happy and successful day.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #7  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Thanks for creating the thread, Weekend Boater. This sounds fantastic!

My goal:

I would like to lose 20 lbs by March 20, 2017 (first day of spring). That will bring me down to 168, which is near my lowest weight since I was approx. 14 years old!

My plan:

Continue with the healthy eating habits taught to me when I was on a regimented diet plan last new year, as well as purchase a gym membership and go to the gym frequently.

My workout strategy for the month of January is 45 minutes of cardio at the gym, every single day. There's a girl I work with that will be meeting me at the same gym each morning to do the workouts.

Good luck everyone!
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #8  

Rusty Hi, I am so glad! Welcome as well to our spring challenge So glad you gals are here! I am excited, I really am! Rusty, that sounds excellent! Me too, I decided to shoot for 20 by March 20th! I was looking at the calendar again and we have a whole 11 weeks!

What a great plan! You go girl! That is so nice that you have a girl at work that is going with you too!

Oh my gosh, it's already dark out! I want to find a good movie tonight! I hope you all have a great night
Old 12-29-2016, 10:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello everyone. I would like to join this challenge. I am going to cut the amount of calories I eat every day and keep counting. Good luck to everyone.
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #10  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I will join in, as well. I just came back to 3FC day before yesterday after realizing that I am dangerously close to hitting 300 lbs...so, starting a challenge sounds like a good way to get myself going again! Might as well jump in right away before I put coming back here out of sight and out of mind again.

I think I'm going to set my goals as:

1. Getting back into the habit of noticing what I eat and tracking it.
2. Drinking more water -- or even mostly/only water, if I can manage it.
3. Starting to do some kind of exercise again.
4. And, the main goal being to hit 270 lbs, so to lose 27 lbs by March 20th.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-20-2017 at 01:16 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:49 AM   #11  
HoneyBadgerNY

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 6ft

Hello All! Thanks Weekend Boater for making this thread. I would love to join the challenge. My goal is to lose 25lbs total but I would love to hit the 20lb mark by March 20th also. My approach will be to eat less and move more. Track my eating and make better food choices. Hopefully, the siren song of the sugary products in my kitchen will fade away!
HoneyBagder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:27 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for starting this challenge, just what I've been looking for!!

I'm aiming to lose 28lbs during the challenge. That sounds like a lot but my situation is this:
June 2015- Easter 2016: Lost 79lbs
Easter - Christmas: Regained 52lbs (Long story I won't bore you with)

End of May 2017 will be in Germany for the opera, really want to have lost the regained 52lbs + 1 more by then, so I divided the 53 by the 21 weeks to go to that, multiplied it by the 11 weeks of the challenge = 27.76lb.

Good luck, everyone
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

I am in!

Plan:
1500 cals - only veg/fruit carbs moderate protein full good fats
10k steps on new Fitbit!
Yoga and strength daily

Goals:
16 pounds down will get me to under 150 lbs
Get resting heart rate lower (reason I got this Fitbit)
Get more flexible and strong!
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Where is my ticker

Ooooooh there it is!

Last edited by kris2008; 12-30-2016 at 07:31 AM.
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #15  

Good morning ladies and Happy Friday hope everyone had a great night last night. Nice to wake up to the sunshine today, there is soft powdery snow on the ground but it looks pretty! As long as it doesn't impede my getting out, I don't mind!

Muse17, Opheliapheonix, HoneyBadger, Rosinante, and Kris2008 Welcome aboard to our, all of our, Spring Challenge! The goals look great, looking forward to our new year