Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: December 5 - December 11

Buying the Christmas tree is done. Since we use the same lot every year, it's a pleasure. All their trees look nice. It's just a matter of species, size, and shape. Oh yes, and Price. They're a bit pricey these days.

Goal this week is to go out six nights and still remember that sane eating is part of my life.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

The realization that December is here finally hit me and I've been knocking things off the Christmas "to-do" list this week. Tonite I write the cards.

Good luck with the sane-eating this week Bill.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

DH and I went to Lowe's yesterday to buy some yard lights and we looked at getting a small tree. Nope, too expensive for something that'll have to sit on the porch for most of the month and come in for the actual event of Christmas. I can't imagine having a tree with four cats, especially my Louie cat--he'd topple if for sure!

I also doubt I'll do cards this year...

Looks like a trip to Dallas in early January for my BIL's memorial service.

My FIL, who I mentioned has had some problems, might get out of the hospital today or tomorrow. He had had surgery for a rather large kidney stone a few weeks ago and then woke up last week unable to breathe. Collapsed lung. Hospital for a day or so, discharged and the next day it collapsed again, so this time they did surgery to repair it. We were supposed to golf in a tournament this coming weekend, but he won't be able to, MIL with her hip problems is still having problems walking, so she may not be able to, and I'm afraid of ripping out a stitch, so we might forego the tournament. At least the donation goes to a good cause.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I could attend two Christmas parties later this week. Or not. One is the office party, held at a hotel, and is far enough from home where it would be more comfortable for me to book a room overnight. The other is the party at my co-op, against which I have a grudge for my four-month displacement. I don't think of either occasion as enjoyable, more like a duty to perform, and maybe I'll end up having a good conversation and not regret it.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Six nights out, Bill?! Good luck!! I'm working hard to get my weight down before I go to Arizona next week. I'll be there 5 days and all meals will be out. I cringe at the cost and the calories!! Not sure what exercise I'll manage either and the stress will be over the top. My in-laws are coming and they are highly stressful for everyone. Plus my dd is flying in from Houston. And random relatives that live in Arizona have invited themselves to some of the events!!

Until then, I have SOOOO much to do!! I tried to tackle a ton this weekend but much of what I wanted to do didn't happen. Like you, Dagmar, I will (hopefully) be doing holiday cards tonight. I also have the supplies to make holiday gifts for my parent volunteers but I need to make them. And I have a book deadline for a book I haven't started (to read and review). And I have ZERO idea what to get inlaws. Dh is traveling and is exhausted..... so he's no help.....trying not to panic....

Allison-- so much on your plate. Hope things settle soon.

Saef-- I will be missing my office party as I'll be flying to Arizona that day. I'm not great in these situations anyway, so I'm not too bummed to miss. I don't drink and I try to avoid the foods so I stick out like a sore thumb.

Shannon-- I've stayed awake the past two nights for headspace..... question for you for when my 10 day freebie is up. It's all been quite similar for the most part. Is that true for the next XX days? I like the little videos I've seen. Just wondering if it's all quite similar or if it changes some?
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

My pets are being very co-operative this festive season. They're both getting sick before the holiday week and should be fine by Christmas eve. Nice of them to do that for me!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote