Old 12-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Upper right back pain on high fat low carb diet?

Hi!

I've been in ketosis for a while- maybe two months consistently, and another month I have lost 35 pounds and my reactive hypoglycemia is completely gone, so I love it.

BUT . . . lately (the last weekish) I have been getting mild pain high up in the right side of my back and a little bit down my right arm, especially when I drink coffee. I'm wondering if this could be a gallbladder issue, since I've read that coffee can cause gallbladder contractions that cause pain in people with gallbladder issues, because I lost 20 pounds in the first month, and because fast weight loss and high fat diets are a risk factor for gallbladder issues.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? If you have had gallbladder issues, does it improve them to switch to non-saturated fats but keep fat levels the same? I'm seeing the doctor in about a week for a checkup, so I'll ask then, but I want to try to make my diet work for me meanwhile.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote