Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-27-2016, 12:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/269/190

Height: 5"7'

Default Wanting a better self but need help

Hello!
I'm a 22 year old and getting close to 300 lbs now. I have suffered from extreme back pain for the majority of my life along with being overweight. In January 2016 I had a back surgery. After the surgery I have lost motivation to keep my weight off which has resulted in my back getting sore again. I think it's time to get healthy again for a better me!
Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help!
Alaskagirl907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

You CAN do this. It is NOT impossible. I know how you feel, believe me I do. Every time I would gain another pound I would feel more and more hopeless. And, I have tried and failed at several different routes. I have finally hit my stride. I am about to start a medically monitored plan and I am in the right headspace and believe it will work.
It is just a matter of finding what works for you, and making it happen! We are all here for you. Feel free to reach out to me any time. I am always available for you.
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey! All I can say is.... Get your mind in the right zone and start it now if you can . I am 27 and I attempted to lose weight back when I was 21 (reached 281lbs) and I was doing great! But I was doing it to look good on holiday, then while on holiday I gained about 8lbs (which I also did this year), only instead of understanding that it was water weight, and alcohol weight, and work past it, I just gave up! I restarted this journey in January at 323lbs and have now lost 32 lbs, but I am still 9lbs away from being where I was at that moment before I went on holiday 6 years ago.

I am seriously a skinny girl in my head, I don't suffer from depression, I don't stress eat, I just used to party A LOT! So I decided (a little late if you ask me), that it was about time that I started to look after me, and try my hardest to reduce ANY medical issues that I have that a doctor could relate it to my weight. I am very clumsy, in the last 3 years I have broken my ankle, crushed the cartilage in my foot, torn the ligament in my knee, and currently waiting on surgery for my two elbows which have been abused over 13 years of drumming. These injuries don't heal at the same speed as most because I am much heavier than most. I am a walking disaster lol. But I have taken it one step at a time.

Your diet is 80% of weight loss, if you can get your diet on point! Then you will be able to lose enough weight to where it will feel easier to workout. I have barely worked out and lost 32lbs...... It may not be the same for everyone.

This means that hopefully once I reach the 40lbs off mark, I will be able to do a lot more workouts. Just now I do stretches every single day, I try and slowly build up strength in my arms and in my ankles by doing calf raises while waiting on the kettle to boil. I have very light dumbbells which weigh about the same as a soup can, and I work my arms gradually while on the phone at work, or while watching TV. Maybe there are some soft exercises for your back to maybe work on daily while you get your diet on point?

If you need a buddy, then I would happily be that for you
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/269/190

Height: 5"7'

Default Thank you!

I very much appreciate your reply and I'm so excited for you to start on your new journey! It is a hard battle and I'm excited to have you as well as the others on here to help me though it and I don't quite know how to work this site yet but I would love to talk with you both and see what helped you to the road on positive self thoughts.

Last edited by Alaskagirl907; 09-28-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Alaskagirl907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #5  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I have been on this site for over a year and I still have no idea how to do a lot of things lol. I chat to one girl over whatsapp, we catch up about once a week to see where things are. Sometimes it is nice to not have to log onto this to get a little boost in daily motivation. I must say though, we are on the same time zone which is much easier. Whereas I assume that you are not.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote