Old 08-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Haunting for Halloween 2016 Challenge*~

Welcome to Haunting for Halloween Challenge 2016

Welcome to the Haunting for Halloween challenge 2016, it's our 4th year! For those of you who know me, welcome back, I’m glad you’re here! For those of you who are thinking, “who is this crazy person?” allow me to introduce myself! I’ve been doing these spread sheet challenges for a good few years now and I’ve seen so many amazing people lose weight. I've included all the forums in this challenge that participated last year, but if you think that this challenge should be posted in your favourite sub-forum then please PM me and let me know!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by Halloween and roll up to your fancy dress party (or your couch with the lights off because you hate kids) and feel sexier than ever. I don’t want to hear any “oh…I won’t be sexy by Halloween” because I’m here to tell you YOU ARE A FREAKIN’ SEXY CANDY PANDA! SHAKE IT LIKE YOU’RE AT A NAKED DANCE PARTY! This is just a way to encourage a healthy bit of competition into your routine.

I'll be giving out award badges for the top 3 biggest losers overall and also to the top 3 in each sub-forum, as well as a Finisher award to anyone who weights in every single week. Check out the badges!

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED! Please check the forum for my next challenge, "Delicious for Christmas"
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-somethings or Chicks up for a Challenge) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • LEAVE THE LBS LOST AND % OF WEIGHT LOSS COLUMNS ALONE! The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys. Let them do their job, they get plenty of bananas
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's kicking butt and taking names.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • The wonderful nonameslob gave me the idea to include a spreadsheet to chart our measurements from the beginning to the end of the challenge. I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements. Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights.

*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-28-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:10 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Boo!!

Oh, my lifesaver! I decided to look for another challenge this morning (I've been very on and off plan for months now and have regained 25lbs, relost 7lbs) and there you were!!

I've tried to enter my details on the spreadsheet but it says I can only view, have to ask you for access permission. So I did.

Thank you for getting this one going!!

Alice
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:02 AM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Haha, I do this every year!! Forget to change the settings It should be good to go!

Last edited by Riestrella; 08-30-2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #4  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Ha! I'm definitely in. You had me at Panda.

The spreadsheet wouldn't let me edit it, but I'll try again later. My current weight is 151.2.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Should be good now! Forgot to update the protected ranges!
Old 08-31-2016, 04:03 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

Thankyou, Rie!!

I've entered my weight, and I've been really bold and put in some measurements too: just bust/waist/hips; actually, I'm glad I did: although they're hardly magnificent (43-40-43), when I began losing weight this time (June 1st 2016) I was something like 54-52-54, so although I'm annoyed with myself for having regained 25lbs this past couple of months (+relost 7 this last 2 weeks), it's made me really happy to remember that I've still lost nearly a Yard off those stats! Woohoo!

Good luck, everyone
Old 08-31-2016, 06:56 AM   #7  
Jill

S/C/G: 292/250.4/175

Height: 5'6

Posting so I don't forget to do weigh-in!
Jb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:05 AM   #8  
Shorty getting fit

Rosinante - Wow, that's awesome with the measurements! Nice work!
Old 08-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #9  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

Yay Halloween challenge! Thanks for starting it up again Ris!

Really trying to get this one done, I am going to get a breast reduction buuut my dr wants me to lose a certain amount of weight first to reduce chances of complications... so I am buckling down now to finally get this reduction!

good luck everyone!
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Thank you for this! Good luck everyone!!!!!! I was brave too and put down measurements. I started this journey in May 2016 and measurements already show a downward trend. (insert happy dancer here.) My thigh may not change much measurement wise because my fitness routine involves road biking - although it did go down 2" since May even after 700 miles on the road, so who knows... I will be cheering everyone along. If I hit my goal, I will be out of CDC's Obeseville and well on my way towards the NormalBMI Village.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:59 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

Thank you, Chunkahlunkah!!
Old 09-02-2016, 03:21 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

1st weigh in today. Usually weigh on a Saturday but I'm away overnight at my brother and his partner's. I'll try to eat sensibly but don't want to be a total PITA about what they offer me (tends to be quite carby).
Anyway, 2.6lbs lost his week, which is about 1/3 of what I pledged for this challenge! Woohoo!

Good luck, everyone.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #13  
Shorty getting fit

2.6 pounds in one week must feel amazing. Well done! Have fun with your carb-loving brother!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #14  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I was hoping to see one of your challenges soon. Thanks Rie!

I am going to have to buckle down to lose 7 lbs, but oh how I would like to enter the not overweight category for my height. xxxx

Good luck Everyone.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Wow, I'm so not used to this challenge being so quiet! Perhaps 3FC is coming to the end of its popularity? I shudder to think this! But it also means that perhaps I should really take my health seriously and get to my goal weight before I see this place become truly silent.

So I'm officially in the 170's - what the eff. I mean, I can't be too surprised, I've not been focusing on my health since moving to another State (been focusing on my career) so it definitely isn't a complete mystery as to how it happened. However I think I need to see this as the LOUDEST wake up call I've had in a long time. I'm creeping slowly but surely into the overweight range and closer to obesity than I am to healthy. This is the heaviest weight I've been in years and I'm definitely starting to see it in my body/face.

My action plan to combat this and to finally lose some weight is to hit the gym that's part of my apartment complex. I don't necessarily like the gym, but I have to do something. I can't afford a membership at a boutique studio or Class Pass, the weather is far too hot and humid to run, so I have to just suck it up and exercise at the gym. I have a circuit training plan written out that I'll take with me and I'll start it asap. When the weather cools down I will then start running again - something I enjoy doing and hopefully with the strengthening I do at the gym I will prevent the chances of injury for when I do begin to run again.

I'm also going to start calorie counting for REAL every day and make it become a habit. I do really well at the beginning of the day before trailing off, that can't happen. I have to input my dinners ahead of time and then plan the rest of my day accordingly. I want to start introducing salads into my routine, since I'm eating far too much bread these days.

I'm going home to England for Christmas this year and I would LOVE to be in the 150's by then. It's 15 weeks away so if I can lose a pound a week then I'd be 155 lbs, which would be amazing! I'll try not to get my hopes up, but I definitely want to have a goal of being in the 150's by December.

------------

Rosinante - Wow, that's an amazing achievement losing all those inches! Well done, you! Always remember those big victories .

Kay - Great to see you again! That's interesting, because I'm actually going to assess if I want a breast reduction once I reach my goal weight. I'm really interested how my chest will change throughout my weight loss journey.

Nightowl - Welcome, good luck!

workinglikeadog - Welcome back, great to see you. We can do it!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-03-2016 at 09:53 AM.