South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - August 27th and 28th

Good morning from hot and hazy Delta. The sweet dogs have been out, had breakfast and are back in bed zzzzing. In their case, "a dog's life" is not a bad thing.

Got the rum cake done yesterday in the cool of the morning without a single taste of the batter or the rum glaze. That was a victory that I managed by thinking of the weddings at the end of the next two months. I am still trying to get rid of ten pounds that have appeared in the last few years.

Off shortly to pick up the bread order for the Mill and then coming home and relaxing in the tub for a while before the late afternoon BBQ event. I really would just as soon stay home but will go and be as friendly as possible. There are a couple of boring people there whom I'll avoid.

Time to shower and I guess I should get dressed. What's on your plan for the day?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's not so hot outside but it's so humid you could take a bath outside. DD1 wants to clean her room today so we shall do that and not sure what else is on the agenda. We are going to paint her room and rip out carpet but waiting for cooler weather to do that project.

Ruth I think I would have tasted the rum glaze lol. Enjoy your day and hope you have a good time at the picnic.

Jekel I had to laugh at the vision of soft music and candles at a shooting range. She paid the fee yesterday so she can get her code asap, they have waiting period before you can take again.

Debbie hope you were able to go to the pool and de stress some yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Can't believe the month is wrapping up already! Where did it go??

Not really sure what is on the agenda today. Picked up some mums yesterday and will put them in the garden; probably do some more puttering.

Pearlrose, sorry to hear about DD1! But it sounds like you have a plan to go forward.

Jennifer, good to hear you made it through yesterday. Enjoy your day.

Debbie, hope things improve.

Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:00 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am back home after an 8 o'clock meet up with both the furnace guy and the roofer. At one of my moms rentals, of course. Good news we don't need a new furnace. Other good news the roofer guy is going to tackle this roof instead of me.

I got home at 6:30 last night and went directly to AA potluck. Decided I wanted to clean out the refrigerator before I put everything back again so it is clean but I have stuff all over. I guess I'll tackle that job first then go look in the greenhouse for tomatoes and cukes. And perhaps work on the never ending list. Back to work tomorrow.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Nice to be off today even though I am on call for work this weekend. I was spared going out to a job yesterday (phew thank you to my sergeant). That gave me time to actually get some weeding accomplished. Today I plan to prune my Pom-Pom bush (I don't know it's real name) and Coconut too. Both dogs need their nails done again. Might even clean the inside of both cars as they are getting a little dusty.

DS and I may go out to dinner as he starts a new job tomorrow. Lucky for him his dad is letting him use his truck until he can get another vehicle. I tell you this kid has had almost as many cars as me and he is only 20. His latest project resulted in two cars not running. So they will go to the scrap yard and hopefully some old parts from various cars he has in my garage too.

Ruth way to go resisting the glaze. I am a big spatcula licker when I bake lol

Pearlrose I hope DD1 doesn't have to wait too long to re-take the exam

Debbie glad you don't have to be the one to put on the roof! Have fun in the greenhouse.

Beth I am debating getting mums today too. So many of my summer blooms are looking pretty weak lol. Although my zinnias look fantastic. I literally sprinkle the seeds in the front flower beds and hope for the best.

I seem to be stuck again. I've noticed a trend in my weight despite my best efforts so I am blaming hormones. I am doing my best not to get hung up on the scale, but it is messing with my mind! I have my annual girlie doctor appointment in October. My goal is to be where I was two years ago which is not unobtainable. Just seems like when I get there (only three pounds under my goal) I go back up to 3 pounds over my goal. It's time to revamp my eating and get more variety. Which translates into I must start cooking again (ugh). I went through my saved recipes last night. So this week Crack Slaw is coming back and Thai peanut spaghetti squash. Yummy yummy. Crockpot cooking will be on the horizon shortly.

Ok I've rambled long enough. Have a happy Sunday Funday!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:23 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Jennifer, nice to have a day off even if you are on call. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Lol at # of cars your DS has been through. I have noticed that trend with the younger crew. My neighbors in Glenwood had a different vehicle every other month.

I'm puttering around getting a few things done. Work at 7. It's time for more coffee. I got everything put away from Glenwood trip. Now to put away some bedding that's been on a chair in the TV room for months. Since I don't watch tv it's easy to ignore. Reminding myself DH will be home soon.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:11 AM   #7  

Good morning, chicks!

Mentally I am counting today as my last day of vacation. I am required to be at work Wednesday-Friday but since I have a dentist appointment 2 blocks away tomorrow morning I will go over and start to set up my room. The first step is easy: just unpack the new supplies and decide if I want to rearrange the desks.

But first today I must make it to Lowe's and order my new washer. I cannot start the year without one!! I was really impressed with all the features available now.

Ruth, hope you enjoyed last night's BBQ!

Debbie, glad you aren't going to have to do this roof yourself. When will DH be home? Have a good at work.

Jennifer, I made the spaghetti squash pizza this week. I see the spaghetti squash burrito bowls in my future soon as well. I pulled out two scraggly petunias to make room for the mums but managed to leave some of the other annuals

Pearlrose, how did the cleaning project go?

I should get moving and take a walk right after breakfast. We are going to be hot and muggy again today.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Muggy here too, Beth - liquid muggy! We are having sporadic showers all day today but no real accumulation of rain. And happy New Washer Day!

Debbie, I am glad you are getting some help with re-roofing, You are one of the hardest working women I know - and I know a lot! I notice you always seem to find/make time for friends and family.

Pearlrose, how is DD's recovery from the exam debacle? I hope the cleaning therapy helped.

Jennifer, how are you enjoying your new position. Was it an easy transition? I worry a bit about you and your dangerous job. And how the heck do you make a spaghetti squash burrito bowl?

I will be guiding at the Mill this afternoon but doubt we will be busy because of the rain. I will take along a quilt to finish and hope it's really peaceful in there. I also have to make yet another rum cake for a dinner party for Karen's Robyn as she leaves for university in Vancouver and studies in Marine biology. By the way, the BBQ was OK although Rob is certainly showing the effects of his disease. Rum cake helped, he says.

The sun just broke out and we have a rainbow! Time to turn on the oven and crank up the day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:07 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It looks like a pretty day outside even though it will be humid again. Yesterday was a bust for cleaning other than normal cleaning, DH and DD2 want to go to Red Lobster for crab legs so we went and by the time we came back it was almost 2 p.m. and DD2 motivation was gone and I am not doing on my own She said today, not sure I see that on the agenda we might go to the lake today.

Jekel glad you got a day off even if on call, enjoy your day. My DS is on his 4th vehicle but he does get them with lots of miles on them so that makes a difference on how long they will last.

Debbie glad you don't need a new furnace and you don't have to do the roof as well. Hope your work day goes by quickly

Beth I couldn't live without a washer or dryer either. Hard to believe that this summer has flown by.

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #10  

Ruth, here is the burrito bowl recipe.

http://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/...o-bowls/print/

I'm a big fan of it!