Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-25-2016, 03:08 AM   #1  

Default 24 year old gamer, looking for help

Hey there.

My name is Alyssa. I'm a 24 year old Canadian and I seriously need to lose weight. I haven't weighed myself in a while but I'm gonna guess I'm around 350lbs. I have been over weight my whole life and I feel like sometimes I've just accepted it as what it is.

I want to lose weight because I'm afraid of dying young due to my weight and also because I am heading into a career that will require me to be on my feet for long hours and I want to be able to do it without running out of energy.

I'm open to any and all advice.

Thanks in advance
ald583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi and

I'd recommend you start walking. Maybe only a few minutes to start, but start working your way up. Walking is so good for you, requires no gear, and will really help you prepare for an active career. Maybe get a pedometer (your phone may be able to track this) and work on 10,000 steps per day. Make that a requirement before you can do something you like (for instance games).

Maybe don't even weigh right away. Pick something that fits you right now, and make that your measuring tape. Get your walking in for 2 weeks, and then test that garment again. I'm sure you'll see results.

I also recommend food tracking. I like myfitnesspal, but there are lots of 'em. You'll probably find you are eating more than you think (we all do it). Once you track for a while you will start to see where your problems are.

Good luck with your journey!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/233/150

Height: 5'2

what part of Canada? if you don't mind me asking? I too am from Canada! I'm from Alberta!AND I AM ALSO 24!! and I also like games! what a coincidence!

I'm pretty hefty and I noticed going for walks is pretty great once you get used to it. I started walking around my neighborhood (I live by a shopping complex) and each day it got easier and I was going out for longer and I would really enjoy the walks! I would get my 10000 steps a day and more now. Though mentally at first it was pretty tiring but DON'T GIVE UP IT GETS EASIER

also the basic drink water, I feel so much healthier when I drink at least 6 cups a day (which before I would drink maybe 2 and the rest pop or juice) my advice is if you have a three cup bottle of water twice first then for the last bottle you can reward yourself by putting in some drink crystal or mio or have a can of pop.(not every day pop if you can resist)( since its hard to drink 8 glasses of water, well at least for me it is!) xD Then its easier to get all your water in if the last 2 cups are flavored ( even healthier fresh fruit in the water)
little_lost_me is offline   Reply With Quote