Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Hello all!

Hey everyone!

My name is Tabitha. I am a mom to one rambunctious 2 1/2 year old boy and wife of 5 years. I have been at least somewhat overweight the majority of my adult life. While pregnant with my son, I gained over 60 pounds. At my highest, 40 weeks pregnant, I hit 247. Three months after giving birth I weighed in at 211. I wanted to be healthy for my son. Two years ago I began an 8 month weight loss journey where I dropped to 156- a loss of 55 pounds. Then I had a PE. If you're unfamiliar, it's a pulmonary embolism- meaning I had a blood clot in my lung. That blood clot broke off from one in my leg, a DVT they found during an ultrasound. I couldn't believe that after all that hard work I could still have something like that (they linked it to being on birth control). I could'nt work out for a while. Then I started to work out less and less, until I stopped. Now, about a year and a half later, I'm at my highest non- pregnant weight- 221. I have never weighed this much except for late in my pregnancy. It's discouraging, but it's gotten to a point where I can't even bend over to play with my son.

I know I can commit again and do this. I need to do this for my family and for myself. I feel like a community like this one could help me. I look forward to losing the weight again- and this time, keeping it off!

-Tabitha
TabithaWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello and welcome. This is a great forum! Glad you've found it!

JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello and

I'm glad you are doing ok after your embolism.

You just have to start taking baby steps. Don't go all crazy and do something like try P90X on a cabbage soup diet. You know how to do this (nice loss btw) so you just have to get started. Sometimes you don't have the motivation, and those times you've just got to pull out the determination. You can do this!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #4  

Default Thank you

Thanks you guys!

I'm starting with just trying to get more active with walking and more spontaneous dance parties with my son, alone with the occasional Jillian Michaels DVD! It's so true the motivation is the hardest!
TabithaWillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, weight loss