Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #1  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Smile Friends Supporting Each Other

To help reach and maintain a healthy lifestyle

Last edited by Corinna T; 08-10-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #2  
Focus & Determination

To New Beginnings..............

Exercise

Morning jog with dog for 1hour, and stretches
Weeded yard and trimmed bushes, 2 hours
Evening walk with dog, 45 minutes

Meals
Breakfast:Egg, Veggie Sausage, English muffin, water
Snack: Carrots
Lunch: Bean and Cheese Burrito
Snack: Veggie Tofu bites with sweet/sour sauce
Dinner: Corn on the cob, Hummus/mixed lettuce sandwich, Tortilla Corn chips, Blueberry/mixed juice

I had plenty of temptations today at the grocery store, but I held my will power. This evening I felt myself eating too many Tortilla chips. I was eating them while watching a movie and of course the bag began to disappear. I caught myself after I ate about a 1/3 of the bag, and quickly put them away. Watching TV and eating out of an open bag is danger for me. I am a member of the clean plate club which can also lead to the clean bag club. I am happy I stopped myself, but unhappy that I put myself in that situation. A good reminder for the future.

How was your day my friend?

Last edited by Corinna T; 08-10-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Well, here I am I really need this! I will start logging in stats tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #4  
Focus & Determination

Exercise

Meals
Breakfast:Slice of toast,hummus, mixed lettuce, banana, water
Snack: Carrots
Lunch: Indian food (spinach-paneer, chick peas, tofu, green beans, naan bread) water
Snack: one teaspoon of Tiramisu ice cream
Dinner: Lettuce/Tomato/Mustard/Mock Fish Sandwich, corn chips.

Went shopping with husband today. He was really craving ice cream. I couldn't talk him out of it. He asked me to pick a tub too, but I was strong enough at that point to say not today. I walked around the store and went to get some fresh bread. The bakery had free samples of sugar cookies. I love to find and try free samples at the bakery. I thoroughly inspected them but was strong enough to avoid eating any today. When I got home, my husband dove into his ice cream. I gave in at that point, but I only had one teaspoon. Fortunately it tasted like coffee which I don't like so that helped me to avoid any more. Thankfully he chose the flavor he did. It is sure hot out today and ice cream sure is fun to eat on a hot day. I am glad that I held back today and maintained some control.

Yeah Renee!!! Glad to see you here too. It will be fun working on our goals together and supporting each other. I thought of you at the store today, and said to myself, I cannot let my friend down. You were there for me in spirit helping me along the right path.

Last edited by Corinna T; 08-12-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #5  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls, I just finished a post & I looked at the new posts & when I saw Corinna's name I hoped it was you, so I took a peak. Then I saw Renee & I felt very at home

Girls if you have room for another old friend, I want to join you. I gained almost 10# since May from eating toooo much of the tasty summer treats I have less than 2 months before I need to fit back into my cold weather clothing. I need to be responsible & accountable & log daily.

Corinna Thanks for starting this thread.

Corinna & Renee When I read your daily posts it will really, really help me getting back on track. Seeing you using your self control today was awesome

These are my bad decisions that I made today. Because of the hot temps & high humidity I haven't made bad choices, I just ate what was cold & handy, they weren't choices my kitchen is bare. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day

Breakfast = Coffee & a waffle.
Lunch = Grilled chicken salad & a almond joy candy bar, water.
Supper = Grilled chicken sandwich & a almond joy candy bar, water.
snack @ 8pm = a small glass of Moscato wine with frozen grapes cut in half & 3 ice cubes. It turns 4 ounces of my favorite yummy wine into a 8 ounce glass that is healthier & filling. I drink this on alternate nights with having water flavored with fresh fruit or cucumber slices or herb leaves on my other 4 nights snacks

Activity = Cleaning.... This thread is going to motivate me to get back to being more active I walk outdoors when the temps are nice.

I just put a -20# ticker on & I decided to have a bigger goal with the holidays coming, since writing my post last night. I got my scale out & begin weighing myself this morning.

Stay cool & be safe

Last edited by miniDoodles; 08-12-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #6  

Yesterday:

Exercise
1 1/2 hours barn work in the morning
picked tomatoes and stringbeans
made 15 quarts of tomato sauce
1/2 hour evening barn work

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
granola bar and banana
sausage and noodles
plum and pretzels
leftover shrimp scampi and watermelon

I ate way too many carbs.. I will do better today.
Great to see you Dee!

Tomorrow morning I will weigh in. It really helps when you see what you ate all day....we can do this!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #7  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
Evening walk with dog, 30 minutes.

Meals
Breakfast:Slice of toast,hummus, mixed lettuce, tomato, water
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Olive Garden Caesar salad and 2.5 breadsticks
Dinner: Bean and cheese burrito and Tortilla Chips

Hello Dee! You are more than welcome to join us. I'm glad you are willing to help us support each other and be more responsible and accountable. I think it helps when we know someone else is out there trying too and we can push each other to stay on track. To get you started, here with a friendly reminder: avoid those Almond Joy candy bars when shopping. Think Slim to win.

Renee you have been busy with those tomatoes!! I hope your not overheating. You are a busy bee, but I'm sure you are a happy bee. I don't think you ate that many bad carbs unless you ate a large amount of noodles. Does shrimp scampi have pasta in it too? Perhaps it does.

We can do this! We will do it together. Teamwork.
Stay strong today.

Last edited by Corinna T; 08-13-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #8  

Yesterday

Exercise
1 1/2 hrs. barn chores
grocery shopping (does that count as exercise)
housework
1/2 hour barn work

Food
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
tomato and cheese sandwich
plum
meatloaf with veggies and sugar free pudding

Now for the best news...I'm down 2 lbs.! Today is going to be dangerously hot, so I will do most of my work this morning. I have more tomatoes to pick and sauce to make. My horse show was cancelled due to the weather, which was a very good decision. Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #9  
Sandee

Good Morning

Friday:

Allergy headache all day, no activities. I did the laundry & napped.

Breakfast = a omelt & water.
Lunch = tuna fish w Miracle whip light dressing, no bread. 1 serving low-sodium Pringle chips & water.
Supper = tuna fish salad, 2 snack size Reeses peanut butter cups for dessert & water.
snack = water infused w cucumber slices

I'm down 1.5#
Old 08-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #10  
Focus & Determination

Hi Chicklets!
Congratulations to Renee and Dee for doing so good this week. Nice work. Keep it going. I stayed the same since the start this week. Your success has inspired me to try harder though.

Renee-great food choices during your day. I would consider grocery shopping as exercise because you are walking around. I hope you are able to stay cool with all that cooking you are doing. Hope your horses are also staying cool.

Dee-I hope you feel better soon. Were you able to make it to the grocery store to stock your shelves with new healthy foods?

Exercise
Morning walk with dog for one hour
Morning bicycle ride for 30 minutes.
Evening -walk for 15 minutes.

Meals
Breakfast: cereal with grain, nuts, and cranberries
Brunch: broccoli/carrots egg mini quiche
Lunch:bean and cheese burrito
Dinner-veggie pizza (4 slices), 100% berry juice
Snack: frozen banana slices

Miserably hot today. I thought it was hot inside with the air conditioning. I went outside and couldn't believe the temperatures with humidity. I am drenched all day long with sweat. Ugh

Reviewing my food choices today, I see that I can cut back on eating half a pizza and just eat 1/4 pizza instead. That will cut some calories. My lunch was originally the mini quiche I made, but later I started getting a headache, so I decide to eat a burrito too. My headache went away later in the day, but I don't know if it was due to the second meal.

I dusted off the bicycle today and went for a short morning ride. I need to figure out how to keep my hands from going to sleep while riding it. I started off easy since it has been a while. Just need to get my body use to leaning over and my rump use to sitting on the seat. Perhaps I will try to do this more often on the weekends.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:41 AM   #11  

Yesterday

Exercise
1 1/2 hours morning barn chores
hoed in the garden
picked tomatoes
1/2 barn evening barn chores

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
plum and graham crackers
taco salad and sugar free pudding

Wow, it sure was sticky out yesterday! The horses have plenty of water and shade, so they are doing fine.
Corrina, in my younger days I rode a bike all over. Good for you for getting it back out.
Dee - you did great last week. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #12  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
Morning jog with dog for one hour.
Morning bicycle ride for 30 minutes.
Lifted weights while watching TV approx 15 minutes.
Evening walk with dog for 30 minutes.

Meals
Breakfast: one slice toast, mixed lettuce, tomato, and one veggie sausage, water.
Snack: frozen banana slices.
Lunch: burrito of mixed vegetables and beans.
Dinner-onion and potato pierogies, Tortilla chips.

We have an extra bag of potato chips hanging around. I saw them today, and although they smelled so good with the Indian seasoning on them, I put them away in the pantry. I know they will have no benefit for me if I eat them today, only harm. I think Tortilla chips are a bit better as long as I don't eat too many of them. I should cut back on them too though.

Renee-I bet you get drenched everyday with your barn chores and working in the garden. Your oatmeal and blueberries sound good. I haven't had any for breakfast in quite some time. I will have to try them again.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:09 AM   #13  
Sandee

Good morning

Renee... I sure wish that I had your healthy farming routine I lived right beside my ex-inlaws farm & I helped farm for my first 5 years of my marriage & I was a town girl prior to that. So as a 19 yr old newlywed I got many new experiences: gardening & canning foods, driving a tractor-plowing, disking, dragging the fields to prep for corn, wheat & bean crops & drove the loaded trucks full of harvested crops to town to the Co-Op elevator. They also had 2 horses that I groomed & I rode. I baled hay & helped the men stack it in the top of the barn loft when it came off the elevator. They also raised beef cattle they sold. At 5'2" & 120#, I kept up with the 5'10" men because of my stamina being under 30 yrs old. The first month working on the farm created my lifetime work ethics that I taught to our sons while I raised them & I had a part-time job & I continued to help on the farm. Because of my dedication to their family farm, after I divorced my x-husband, his family gives me their friendship. My x-husband rented others farm acreage that with his dad & brother that they planted crops on, while all 3 men worked full time in a factory to provide our living & farming expenses. Farming is a traditional & unique career that the public takes for granted. I think everyone should experience 2 weeks working & living on a farm back in the 1980's & currently.
How many horses do you have right now? Are you finished doing the county fairs & horse shows for the summer, do you have more shows this fall? If we ever won the lottery I'd buy 2 smaller size horses for me to ride & a few miniature for pets & buggy rides & hire a stable worker to help me because I'm not youthful anymore

Corinna... Wow your willpower is doing Great turning down the potato chips It's really wonderful for your doggy that you are giving it a healthy & enjoyable life with the 2 daily walks. What kind of doggy do you have & what's his/her name? When you said the word 'rump' about ridding your bike I LOL!! I've never heard a person say 'rump' before. The last time I heard that word it was as a beef 'rump roast'. I've known it as my: bottom, rear-end,buns, cheeks, as$, butt, tushie, booty I don't think there's anything bad about eating chips if their homemade or the lofat, low sodium chips & you eat them with healthy salsa or plain nonfat yogurt that's got lots of good protein. Cottage cheese & sour cream aren't good choices because of the sodium when I read the label. I've never tried veggie sausage, what brand do you enjoy?

Sunday:
Activity = shopping & doing errands with my Dh. 15 minute bike ride.
Breakfast = 2 eggs on biscuits.
Lunch = whopper jr. while shopping in town.
Supper = Caesar salad & my dessert a bowl of blueberries with lofat cool whip topping.
Snacks = chili nut flavored m&m's. Water with cucumber slices infused in my pitcher.

Have a nice day chicks
Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #14  

Exercise
1 1/2 hours morning barn chores
loaded some loose hay
a bit of house cleaning
1/2 hr. evening barn chores

Meals
oatmeal with blueberries
banana
nectarine
stuffed cabbage and fruitcup

Dee - I have 6 miniature horses. I have a horse show almost every weekend till mid October. Next Tuesday I'm judging the floral exhibits at our local fair. I've been judging flowers and vegetables for many years.

It's great you can both ride bikes. I dislocated my knee when I was a teenager and now it grinds a bit when I peddle so I stick to walking or letting my horse do the work.

Looks like it's going to be another sticky, hot day. Keep cool!
Old 08-16-2016, 04:22 AM   #15  
Focus & Determination

Exercise
1 hour jog with dog
30 minute bike ride
Climbed 9 flights of steps twice

Meals
Berry drink
Carrots
Hummus, mixed salad sandwich X 2

I have an Australian Cattle dog (Blue Heeler) named Jack. He is my baby boy. I love him so much. He makes me so happy.

Sorry this is so short, but I am off to work. Just a quick note before work. We had lightning storms last night so I couldn't go online.
Closed Thread