Old 06-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #1  
Miss Motivated

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default any chicks like to lift?

I'm hoping to set up some type of accountability of lifting Personal goals and records. Any of yall lift weights?!
Ariannag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:02 PM   #2  
New Chick

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! I think this is a great idea and am interested in joining. It'd be great to have some accountability and support!
y3llowcak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:57 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I do

I recently restarted Stronglifts 5x5. I had been off for quite a while and a couple of months before had tried restarting too high and ticked off some old injuries so this time I restarted from base. It is getting tougher now. I maxed out on one of the lifts last week and had to slow the progression. I haven't yet matched any of my PR's although I am close in a couple. This time is different as I am eating to lose weight rather than eating to lift.

When I was doing stronglifts last year I had hip flexibility issues from injury that prevented me from squatting as deeply but by going as deep as I could while lifting heavy I slowly worked more range back in. (Most of the gurus will tell you to not go up in weight until you can go deep, but I never made any progress until I just started lifting really heavy at 90% of a squat). When I restarted I was able to go "*** to grass" so I don't know if I will be able to get back to as high of a weight.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I do StrongLifts too. Been on and off for a year or so, but pretty steady with it over the last couple of months. I'm so close to squating a full plate...
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #5  
Miss Motivated

SWEET, looks like we have a starting point. I am 2 weeks post partum so I still have a month to go before I can really get back to lifting. But I'm ready to set up some good goals. While pregnant I was doing pretty light weight stuff so I'm going to basically start from scratch but I do lifting. How about we set the first goal for the end of August?
Old 07-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I don't know that I have a time frame on my goals except keep progressing. My initial goals would be to get back to my old PR's either real PR's or if I lose weight before then Wilks PR's might be my first goal. I can probably get back to that by the end of August on Deadlift, overhead and barbell row. Squat and Bench will probably take longer. Both are projecting needing 7 full weeks if I have NO slowdown but I will be on vacation for awhile in there and I dont think either going to go the whole way back with no slowdown. Squat will slow at around 175 I think. Bench at around 115-120. Last week I had to move to 2 lb progression on overhead.

My only really big long term goal is to bench 135 for the 5x5. I have been SOOOOOO close so many times and that always seems to be where I quit for awhile and have to start over. Right now I am lifting way way too light on bench, but i am sticking with the 5x5 progression.

July 1 5x5 working weights: (5x5 PR in parenthesis) current in blue
Squat 105 (210) 115
Bench: 75 (125) 80
OHBP: 62 (70) 66
Bb Row: 75 (100) 80
Deadlift:145 (165)165 PR Matched!

Last edited by ennay; 07-08-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #7  

My goals are mainly just to keep progressing as well, but I'll make up some numbers for fun. I only add 2.5lb/session in 5x5, so I think 10lbs per lift is a good starting point. Bench and Deadlift aren't really at max yet so I'll go for 15lb on them.

Current PR in Black, goal in Red

Squat - 130lb - 140lbs
Bench - 90lb - 105lb
DB Row - 90lb - 100lb
OH Press - 75lb - 85lb
Deadlift - 160lb - 175lb

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-04-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Got my deadlift PR today but couldnt squat. Moved OHP to 1 lb increments. I woke up this morning and my right hip hurts for no particular reason. Also my left wrist got jammed on Monday playing baseball. Lifting didn't feel like it hurt it, but it is more sore now. Twisting motions are what kills it. May need to take a few days off of everything.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #9  

Awesome job on your deadlift PR. And sorry about your wrist. Hope it gets to feeling better soon!

Been watching some lifting videos on youtube, and I'm really enjoying the ones by Alan Thrall. They've already helped me with my OHP, and I'm hoping it will help with my deadlift too. I'm the shakiest on that one, I'm just never sure if I've done it right cause it just feels odd. Guess I'll have to start videoing myself to be sure. I do barbell curls and skullcrushers for assistance, and I think I'm going to have to drop down to 1lb increments on the skullcrushers 'cause I very nearly did last time. :8
Old 07-08-2016, 04:38 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I'll look those up. My OHP is the worst by far, but I figure it is still remnants of the old shoulder injury. Because I used to have very strong shoulders and arms - I was doing handstand pushups 8 months pregnant, but after the accident I couldnt even do 1lb delt raises. I think delts are where the failure is? I fought too hard today with my back for sure. I may need to do some supplementary lifts for that. I don't like to do bicep curls because I have a tendon injury and I can over lift the tendon. (muscle gets stronger than the connective tissue).

I'm more worried about my hip than my wrist. At least I know what happened to my wrist! but I couldnt even do my warmup squats to full range today.

Does your gym have partial plates or do you bring your own? I had to buy mine.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #11  

I missed the hip injury. Somehow skipped over it right to the wrist. That probably is more serious. Take care of yourself.

I have my own gym set up at home, so I had to buy all my own. lol I live in a really small town, so not a lot of options, plus I prefer to workout on my own.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-08-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I would love to have my own setup at home. Mostly because most days the gym looks like this when I get there (not a soul in sight) and my first set is "putting away everyone else's stuff" The deadlift setup was particularly unique today as the bar had 10lb plates clipped on and then 25 lb plates on the outside of the clips.

Last edited by ennay; 07-08-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #13  

The hardest thing for me in my gym is to keep it organized. I recently spent a couple of days just taking everything out and putting it back together in a more effecient manner. It's looking pretty good right now.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:48 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

dayyum. Jealous.

If I had a place to put a power cage I would quit the gym in a heartbeat.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #15  
Miss Motivated

Boy oh boy is that a beautiful set up there. I'm already really excited to get back in the gym and gauge where I'm at as a starting point. I was maxing at 155 on deadlifts but I was also 9 months pregnant. So I really just need to go in and get a feel for where I'm at. And those are some really good numbers there. I typically shoot for 10 lb increments as well for my short term lift goals. When maxing I only add 2.5 to 5 lb plates really