Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default The Middle

Boy oh boy is the middle hard. I have lost 70 lbs and have 80 to go. So I'm pretty much in the middle. It's hard to realize that I've lost 70 lbs and I'm STILL fat. lol... I cannot believe I let myself get up to 300 lbs for YEARS!! I'm 34 and I've never been less than 270 in my adult life.

I just keep trying to look forward. I keep pushing every day, because what is the alternative? I never want to be the person I was again.

Just sharing my thoughts.

BTW, I've lost 70 from when I joined my fitness group (not from my highest weight)

Last edited by fat2fitgirl; 06-29-2016 at 06:04 PM.
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

That is fabulous!!! Yes, when we can start to envision the goal, we WANT it NOW! Hang in there... you are doing great and it will come.

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Great job! keep up the good work. I'm also half way to my weight loss goal as well and have been currently stalled for months. My fault though because I became complacent. Though I've been a member of 3fc for a while, i haven't logged in for a year or so. I found myself back on the forum as the ladies (and gents) of this are very encouraging and motivating. You can do it! I can do it! let's work at this together!
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Great job on your loss so far!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

It really is a fine line. You want to feel so good about what you've done, but you can't get complacent because you still have a ways to go! I had to have a talk with myself about that very thing. I need to remember that I'm not there yet!!!! MUST KEEP GOING!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

During my run today I was thinking "Well I am LIVING how a person who is 125 lbs lives, if only it didnt take so long to actually GET there".

The mentality is also why my ticker goal is only the bottom of the next decade. I never have more than 10 lbs to go.

Last edited by ennay; 06-30-2016 at 03:14 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #7  

I wrote a more detailed post, but it said that it contained a link or something and I couldn't post it. There was no link.

Anyway, thanks everyone and you're so right - just gotta keep focused! I like the idea of just "10 lbs" to go.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 387/361/155

Height: 5'2

Back in 2011, I went from 325 to 240-ish. I got lazy, decided it wasnt worth the effort...and well, here I am.

Don't pull a Swinella. Hang in there.
Swinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:37 PM   #9  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Yep. You've done AMAZING work getting to where you are! But I agree that after all the time and effort, looking at the progress and what you need to do, it's kind of exhausting to realize, "Oh. I'm only halfway. Gotta do that all again."

On the other hand, you're halfway there! Same distance to the goal line as to back where you started. Might as well keep going!

Congrats on your weight loss!

ennay: that's an excellent point! We're all living how thin, healthy people live. Our bodies just take a long time to catch up. That's an interesting way to look at it.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 269/244/259

Height: 5'6

Yes it is! At one point I got down to onederland from my original weight of 269. Looking back I know I didn't have the right mindset. I wasn't enjoying the moment and celebrating the success I had achieved. I felt like I could only be proud once I reached my goal. Now that I'm much older and a little wiser, I feel like I have a better understanding of enjoying the moment. Practicing that and being in the now will hopefully help me to maintain my goal when I do reach it. Right now you are getting in a bit of practice of maintenance. I have no doubt you will reach your ultimate goal eventually, and I hope you can be very proud of where you are now!
MommyOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:01 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinella View Post
Back in 2011, I went from 325 to 240-ish. I got lazy, decided it wasnt worth the effort...and well, here I am.

Don't pull a Swinella. Hang in there.
I've done that as well. I have to be different this time. Thanks for reminding me
Old 07-18-2016, 02:02 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post
Yep. You've done AMAZING work getting to where you are! But I agree that after all the time and effort, looking at the progress and what you need to do, it's kind of exhausting to realize, "Oh. I'm only halfway. Gotta do that all again."

On the other hand, you're halfway there! Same distance to the goal line as to back where you started. Might as well keep going!

Congrats on your weight loss!

ennay: that's an excellent point! We're all living how thin, healthy people live. Our bodies just take a long time to catch up. That's an interesting way to look at it.
Thanks I will definitely keep going that's for sure
Old 07-18-2016, 02:04 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyOlly View Post
Yes it is! At one point I got down to onederland from my original weight of 269. Looking back I know I didn't have the right mindset. I wasn't enjoying the moment and celebrating the success I had achieved. I felt like I could only be proud once I reached my goal. Now that I'm much older and a little wiser, I feel like I have a better understanding of enjoying the moment. Practicing that and being in the now will hopefully help me to maintain my goal when I do reach it. Right now you are getting in a bit of practice of maintenance. I have no doubt you will reach your ultimate goal eventually, and I hope you can be very proud of where you are now!
When I was in High School I got down to 186 from 240. That is my lowest I've ever weighed, but I didn't understand anything about weight loss - I didn't really get why or what I was doing, so the weight did come back. I feel wiser too now. But still... it's a little frustrating. I am proud of myself. Thanks for your words!